Sign in to follow this  
ferben1994

Transfer in and outs

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Caleyboy, you claim to be party to very specific information. Did the club tell you officially that they might struggle to honour your wages or is it just unsubstantiated gossip?

I am not making any claims, just stating information which is readily available 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liam MacDonald has been on the bench for the majority of our competitive games so far this season IIRC.  That's one you can count as breaking through no ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Adamskibeats said:

Liam MacDonald has been on the bench for the majority of our competitive games so far this season IIRC.  That's one you can count as breaking through no ?

Will he get an opportunity or is he there just to make up the numbers on the bench.  

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an article about the analysts that worked on recruitment for Leicester City. I realise that we don't have a budget approaching theirs but are we even looking at anything like this? Do we have people looking at players in this way?

 

 http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-leicester-city-unearthed-mahrez-341044

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this piece in the Courier we're not looking to sign Donaldson:

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/John-Robertson-Its-up-to-us-to-lift-the-mood-of-Caley-Thistle-supporters-17082017.htm

Has he just rocked up and stuck on an ICT kit to appear in the team photo?! :laugh:

Edited by RiG
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Adamskibeats said:

I'd imagine Donaldsons probably on a short term deal until January or thereabouts. 

Still too long a deal IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to see no sign of Fon Williams in the team photos. Looks like he has been well and truly exiled from the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, bdu98196 said:

I think for around 2000 of us winning the SC was an anti-climax the real stand out was the results and drama of being at the semi. In many ways we were expected to win the final and made hard work of it in a relatively forgettable game

The Semi-final was pretty amazing...BUT I absolutely loved the whole Final experience, It didn't matter that we were playing Falkirk, they were the equal of us, and outnumbered us in support. We bossed the first half, but contrived to almost lose the second, those last 10mins were an emotional experience and that amazing winning goal with Watkins doing all the hard work, and Vincent defying fatigue to get up field and knock the lose ball home...FANTASTIC. It was great that I was able to share the day with CaleyMad. One of the best days in my football supporting life... I've supported Palace down here for over 40years and we've lost twice narrowly in the FA Cup to Man U, which hurt a good deal, but Caley winning the Scottish Cup is quite some compensation!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RiG said:

Interesting to see no sign of Fon Williams in the team photos. Looks like he has been well and truly exiled from the squad.

In one picture we actually have 6 goalkeepers not including OFW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ictchris said:

Here is an article about the analysts that worked on recruitment for Leicester City. I realise that we don't have a budget approaching theirs but are we even looking at anything like this? Do we have people looking at players in this way?

 

 http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-leicester-city-unearthed-mahrez-341044

We have YouTube 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but  a back 5 made up of 

                  Ridgers 

Mckay   Elsdon   Donaldson  Chalmers 

 

actually gives me cold sweats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure we'll get an announcement from the club in the coming weeks...

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikeyrob73 said:

Sorry but  a back 5 made up of 

                  Ridgers 

Mckay   Elsdon   Donaldson  Chalmers 

 

actually gives me cold sweats. 

Rest easy ... looks like warren is back from injury!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet last season people were saying Warren was too slow and questioning his place in the side with McCart and Laing available - yet we still got relegated.  Now nobody is saying anything other than he is the cornerstone of our defence.  It's an illustration of how weak folk perceive our defence to be and of how serious our plight is.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate that the intention may be to offload both OFW and David Raven but the fact is they are here and we are paying their salaries for now 

OFW looks a great deal safer and more reliable than Ridgers and Raven is better than any other defender currently at the club. Given how we are leaking goals, why are we not utilising them ?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I appreciate that the intention may be to offload both OFW and David Raven but the fact is they are here and we are paying their salaries for now 

OFW looks a great deal safer and more reliable than Ridgers and Raven is better than any other defender currently at the club. Given how we are leaking goals, why are we not utilising them ?

Totally agree with you here Kingsmills. They have contracts and as you say we are paying them. Why not get value for our money. I'm sure they would give us their all in order to show other interested clubs that they are still up to the job.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

Yet last season people were saying Warren was too slow and questioning his place in the side with McCart and Laing available - yet we still got relegated.  Now nobody is saying anything other than he is the cornerstone of our defence.  It's an illustration of how weak folk perceive our defence to be and of how serious our plight is.

It's more a case that he is a Championship level player and will do well at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people consider that he is not good enough for a team that gets relegated from the Premiership, then you cannot argue that he is good enough to get us back into the Premiership.  Whatever my views may or may not be about whether he is good enough for the premiership, he is certainly good enough to ensure we don't slip further down the leagues.  Hopefully he will be back very soon and stay fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I appreciate that the intention may be to offload both OFW and David Raven but the fact is they are here and we are paying their salaries for now 

OFW looks a great deal safer and more reliable than Ridgers and Raven is better than any other defender currently at the club. Given how we are leaking goals, why are we not utilising them ?

OFW cost us too many points last season and conributed to the position we are in now. If the opposing team got a free kick anywhere near our goal I shut my eyes. Some of the goals he conceded could appear on bloopers of the season. Ridgers can not be any worse than OFW I hope.

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Downinthedumps said:

OFW cost us too many points last season and conributed to the position we are in now. If the opposing team got a free kick anywhere near our goal I shut my eyes. Some of the goals he conceded could appear on bloopers of the season. Ridgers can not be any worse than OFW I hope.

Im not convinced tbh. In OFW defence he played most of last season with an injury but due to circumstances still played. Hes our best keeper when fit imho 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think ridgers has actually been ok from what i have seen .

Think elsdon and chalmers are much more of an issue exposing him. 

 

Edited by Moogthurso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.