Caley Jags 2017/18 squad + changes in/out

Council Juice

2 hours ago, Council Juice said:

Caman, the official site has been woeful in its ability to keep basic things like new signing updates and the squad list for this season up to date. As well as releasing any information of note. I've always considered it a bit half hearted. How hard is it to get the manager to update them with a list of available players for team news regarding suspensions and injuries. Not asking for a personal medical record. Just along the lines of "knee injury" would suffice. "Back in training"

We maintain the squad list program for the club but can only do so when we receive the information. We also maintain the technical aspects of the website (hosting and security updates) but have no responsibilities in terms of the editorial content. We have recently invested quite a lot of money to revamp the squad/stats program and we hope the fruits of that will be seen soon. 

For some reason, even now the season is underway, the club seem reluctant to pass squad information on in a timely fashion. I dont have time to chase it down on a daily basis.  This is where the club (and the supporters) should realise how much they really miss Don or someone like him. You can slag him off or cast aspersions as to his motives/character or anything else, and you can disagree with him mildly or vehemently, but the simple fact of the matter is that he was the one running around collating this info, getting in onto the site, and doing a whole host of other things including looking at a total revamp of the (official) site that would cost the club five figures if they put it out to tender. Thats before you even look at the media side of things with twitter/facebook and the push to get audio/video coverage for fans of the club.

This is not a criticism of the others who are trying to pick up the slack. We do still have a media team and they will do sterling work but its not an easy task and it will take time for them to fill the empty shoes. Peter has had to step into the breach for the website and add that on top of all his other duties so he posts what he can when he can find a spare second or two. I am sure if you give him a brush he can stick it somewhere and sweep the floor at the same time !! There is still a non-techy (as opposed to technophobe) culture at the TCS and the first thought is not to get things onto the website or social media .... so unless you have someone going round and cajoling others for the information or sticking video/still cameras in people's faces then you are going to see a diminished product this year. I hope I am wrong, but thats how I see it. 

• Like 1

Yeah it's not so much those maintaining the official site as such, it just seems the information never seems to be forthcoming from the club.

It all seems to be updated now but it took long enough. I get what you mean about the apparent lack of tech savvy at the club overall. It's like trying to teach an elderly relative how to send an email. :lol:

Excellent, factual and informative post from Scotty.

Now I have an inkling as to why the videos for overseas fans are unlikely to re-appear in the near future....and why our new CEO has not replied to my email on the subject of the continuance of that service. Is he embarrassed or is it just that the money is so short that they feel  they have to cut all services as drastically as possible? There is no shame in the latter situation but courtesy costs nothing and that includes responding to legitimate and polite enquiries. After all , we may live overseas but we still have relatives and friends in Inverness and word of mouth can still have a significant impact on how the club is viewed in the town and so forth. To think and do otherwise in a medium nowadays which is lightning fast and interconnectivity is so prevalent is very short sighted in my view. Also it's just not a professional way to do business. Some may criticise K C but he was always polite and informative and always responded to contacts.

These videos are/were  very good value for the small amount of money we paid to receive them every other week taking everything into account such as their quality, the excellent, informed commentary by Don himself etc.  We sit at home in a comfortable padded chair, completely protected from the cold and the elements,  we have immediate access (no queues) to toilets and a cup of tea and a scone at half time and how can you beat that? If money is such an issue, why not at least put in a fair increase in the price of the service to allow a possible resumption of the service and then make an effort to arrange the resumption through putting out feelers to tech savvy  sources? Or, better still, invite Mr.  D..Johnstone into the club for lunch and a glass of wine, thank him for his past work and discuss relevancies and how to meet his requirements together with that of the club. I think that might pay dividends for all parties and enhance  relations both now and for the future. If the club dwells in the past with the emphasis on the harbouring of past grievances, real or imagined, then it will it will fall behind drastically.Then what?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Council Juice said:

Ross Draper joining Ross County subject to passing a medical. Reports state an undisclosed 6 figure fee was agreed after the player handed in a transfer request.

Given our track record, the "undisclosed six-figure fee" will be £1,000.00

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Council Juice said:

Charlie Trafford signs on a three year deal. Reportedly a 2 plus 1 year contract.

Reports that Coll Donaldson is on trial but no word on any contract. Ivory Lawton not to be offered a deal.

Coll Donaldson confirmed as having signed a 6 month deal as per the P&J.

Fail to understand why we release so many young players and don't give them a chance. Looking at the quality we have signed there are some who look like they may come good and others who are complete jobbers - surely there were youngsters every bit as good? Why do we not focus on a strong starting 11 then supplement the rest with our home grown instead of releasing them and building a squad of 15 or 16 characters who have a history of injuries and failures?

We currently have an international keeper on our books yet he is frozen out and probably our highest earner - nobody can explain the logic of this? 

According to transfermarkt the current youth players in the first team squad are:

Cameron Mckay - GK - 20

Ryan McRitchie - DF - 18

Liam MacDonald - MF - 17

Kier Smith - MF - 18

Mitchell Foy - FW - 17

Andrew Macrae - FW - 19

We've currently loaning out

Stephen Foster - GK (Nairn County)

Daniel Hoban - GK (Brora Rangers)

Aidan Wilson - MF (Wick Academy)

Alasdair Stark - DF (Wick Acacemy)

Can't say I know anything about any of these players to say whether they are worth a shot in the team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Would really like to see Mitchell Foy given an opportunity, started a couple of games pre-season and looked to be pretty quick and direct. Hopefully he will be given some real game time soon and not the last 5 minutes to run down the clock. 

I agree, he looked lively when I saw him pre season and was always giving the opponents  defense a hard time. Would like to see him get some game time.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 19/08/2017 at 1:10 PM, Renegade said:

Oh great another dud...

:laugh:

Bumping this as Robbo has said that the club will be losing 2 - 3 players in January. I'd imagine these would be Raven, Eldson and Susan. Hopefully it doesn't include Donaldson as, despite having much the same reaction as Renegade above when he signed, he has shown himself to be a pretty decent defender and I hope he can stay with us a bit longer.

• Agree 2

Of all the players up in January we need to keep big Coll. Please don't let him be in the 2/3.

Raven is essentially confirmed as leaving after rejecting a reduced deal. Elsdon hasn't played. Can't see the loan extension being triggered.

Susan is on a longer deal. Whether we can find a way to release him early or another club takes him on will be deciding factor there.

Imagine Cooper might go too. Not sure. He does play occasionally but we have Doran coming back to fitness as well. 

30 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

"Susan" needs to go complete shambles of a signing quite possibly along with Lopez the worst ive ever seen play for the club

He seems to have completely disappeared off the face of the earth. Is he injured just now? Some rumours going around that we're trying to get him to leave but we can't agree a deal to terminate his contract.

'Susan' has been a really weird and yes, rubbish signing.  He came on against Stirling and looked okay and then missed an open goal from about two yards out.  He then played against Falkirk did next nothing to and then scored a flukey goal against Clach but for the rest of the game looked absolutely horrendous - and this is against a middle of the road Highland League side.  He looks absolutely garbage since before disappearing with an injury - aside from an a appearance on the bench against Dumbarton.  That was about two months ago and he still hasn't returned as he's again apparently 'injured'.

Robbo has talked about bringing a new striker in, so with Bell, Baird and Oakley in the side you'd imagine one striker would be leaving before a new one was brought in, which would suggest that Zzzzzzz is the one who'll be leaving.

I honestly wonder if we'd been Ali Dia-ed with this guy.  * Surely * he's not a professional footballer.

Edited by Renegade