Caley Jags 2017/18 squad + changes in/out

Council Juice

Liam Polworth is the leading assist provider in the Scottish Championship so far this season, with nine.  He has 14 overall for us this season (three in the league cup, two in the challenge cup).  Next in that list is Vigurs, who has four overall, two in the league, one each in the league cup and challenge cup.

Something to think about when discussing his contribution.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Liam Polworth is the leading assist provider in the Scottish Championship so far this season, with nine.  He has 14 overall for us this season (three in the league cup, two in the challenge cup).  Next in that list is Vigurs, who has four overall, two in the league, one each in the league cup and challenge cup.

Fair enough with that statistics. There is more value to him than I thought. He just needs to sort out how he presents himself. I said some time ago he should be looking towards being a future captain of the club. Graeme Shinnie (who I saw in the reception at TCS after the Livi game) was ICT captain by his age. He has gone on to be Aberdeen captain. A mature and respected individual indeed. Polworth needs to stop acting like 'Kevin the Teenager' at times. 

46 minutes ago, Caman said:

I said some time ago he should be looking towards being a future captain of the club. Graeme Shinnie (who I saw in the reception at TCS after the Livi game) was ICT captain by his age. He has gone on to be Aberdeen captain. 

Maybe a couple of years ago but given the treatment he receives from the fans both on here and at the ground (only a few months ago "fans" were booing him when he got the ball) I would be very surprised if he sees a future for himself at ICT and who can blame him?

Shinnie could barely wait to leave as he signed a PCA and left for a better opportunity as did quite a few of the glory team, thats just the way the game is and we will continue to lose players in that way. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Caman said:

Fair enough with that statistics. There is more value to him than I thought. He just needs to sort out how he presents himself. I said some time ago he should be looking towards being a future captain of the club. Graeme Shinnie (who I saw in the reception at TCS after the Livi game) was ICT captain by his age. He has gone on to be Aberdeen captain. A mature and respected individual indeed. Polworth needs to stop acting like 'Kevin the Teenager' at times. 

We've scored 34 goals in all competitions this season, Liam Polworth has scored or assisted 17, from a central midfield position.  He can present himself any way he wants as long as he contributes like that.

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, ictchris said:

We've scored 34 goals in all competitions this season, Liam Polworth has scored or assisted 17, from a central midfield position.  He can present himself any way he wants as long as he contributes like that.

First sentence speaks for itself and cannot be argued with. Second sentence nope. No argument with his contribution which is ability and skill, but acting like a spoilt brat is not acceptable. He is in the public eye and should set a good example to kids watching.  

Edited by Guest

On 01/01/2018 at 9:48 PM, Caman said:

Appropriate wage for his contribution and ability. My opinion which i am entitled to. He is dispensable and replacable. On current form, I would drop him for Trafford, who appears to have more appetite. 

Simply, Polworth is stale and has a negativety about him.

I heard he was at Hearts training same time as Mulraney. I think it is best for him and ICT that he moves on this month. 

3 hours ago, ictchris said:

Owned :lol:

2 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

Owned :lol:

Ha ha. Ok, Polworth for President. :lol:

But a grumpy 'Kevin the Teenager' one at that. 

Edited by Guest

On 04/01/2018 at 11:02 AM, ictchris said:

Yeah but attitude problem and all that.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Yeah but attitude problem and all that.

The biggest attitude problem he has is the attitude of some fans who are supposed to support him and the team. Every week someone on here regurgitates this nonsense. (usually the same clique) I wonder how these fans would cope with the bile he has had to put up with on the pitch?

Here's some clips from the last couple of games, you all might need to take your glasses off so you can see the number 7, clown shoes and red nose optional. And for all the wannabe managers, this is what you should be concentrating on and not the tired old "attitude" nonsense. Even better, get behind the player and we might see him for another season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYGwQdx8M8E&t=23s

Edited by AncientMariner
added video
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

get behind the player and we might see him for another season?

For several players they may find that as they haven't exactly set the Championship on fire, the offer from ICT may be the best they will actually get. As one of our most talented and best players the expectation  is high  from fans and based on our lowly league position and several sub-par performances both last season and this there are always going to be questions asked as to whether some (not just Polly) have the motivation and fight for relegation and lower league battles. If people were talking about Polly and others are strolling games and lighting up the league then there would be less criticism, however its guys like Morgan & Reilly at St Mirren, Dobbie at QoS, etc and not our players.

However I think everyone on here agrees its unacceptable and certainly doesn't condone any personal abuse directed at any players.

9 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

The biggest attitude problem he has is the attitude of some fans who are supposed to support him and the team. Every week someone on here regurgitates this nonsense. (usually the same clique) I wonder how these fans would cope with the bile he has had to put up with on the pitch?

Here's some clips from the last couple of games, you all might need to take your glasses off so you can see the number 7, clown shoes and red nose optional. And for all the wannabe managers, this is what you should be concentrating on and not the tired old "attitude" nonsense. Even better, get behind the player and we might see him for another season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYGwQdx8M8E&t=23s

I agree with you. He makes mistakes and they can be some realy frustrating errors but the amount of hate he gets from the stands is absolutely ridiculous.

• Agree 7

Iv'e said before yes we can bemoan his mistakes like the one at brechin leading to the second goal and can chastise him at the time for it as every player gets but the concerted campaign oh hate and abuse I don't get. He is pivotal to our midfield and I personally don' see us replacing him at the moment. 

• Agree 1

It strikes me that the best piece of business we could do in the January window is to offload OFW.

Leaving aside the question of fault, at present he is contributing absolutely nothing but consuming the salary of at least two good Championship players.

Freeing up that cash and bringing in one or two decent players could be the difference between pushing for promotion or not especially with the suspensions that are looming due to our poor disciplinary record.

• Agree 3

Apparently he wants to to to MLS. Their season starts in March I think. 

Edit - MLS fixtures start on 3rd March.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Caman said:

Apparently he wants to to to MLS. Their season starts in March I think. 

Edit - MLS fixtures start on 3rd March.

The much bigger question is whether any team in the MLS would want him.

I would very much doubt it. Surely it's better for him in the long run playing football rather than drawing a salary for nothing and daydreaming about a move that's never likely to happen.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I would very much doubt it. Surely it's better for him in the long run playing football rather than drawing a salary for nothing and daydreaming about a move that's never likely to happen.

I would also doubt it. There are a lot of decent keepers in MLS and most teams would not want to use up a valuable 'international' roster slot on a GK. 

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I would also doubt it. There are a lot of decent keepers in MLS and most teams would not want to use up a valuable 'international' roster slot on a GK. 

Back down south sounds like best bet for OFW then. Maybe he is making enough cash out of ICT and a bit extra with his artwork to be comfy in his current status. 

Nothing personal against him, but would rather use cash for his wages for players on the park than one sitting at an easel (as stated above by Kingsmills) 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Or any other team as he was poor last season and has had so many injuries and not played.