Caley Jags 2017/18 squad + changes in/out

Council Juice

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

With Austin, Doran, Elbouzedi, Mackay, Bell, Mulraney and Oakley still intact  I don't see this as a problem. It's not like he scored hundreds of goals although his work rate was sometimes impressive. However, work rate does not automatically get you goals and that's what he was signed for. Epic fail.

Agree with that, and after having seen a lot of early positives from Elbouzedi and then out for such a long period, it was great to see his enthusiasm and quality at the Crusaders game. Still a potentially uncovered gem I feel. Plus I sometimes feel Bell would work better as a winger, with Austin and Oakley up front. Bell struggles a bit with pace and can struggle with timing his runs. This would also free up a space for Daniel Mckay on the bench to do what he does best and come on late to score the winner.

Edited by CableGuy
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I agree that with Austin and Oakley available we don't need Baird, simply because he seems the least able of the trio. However I'm pleased Robbo wants to make a couple of loan signings. A right-back please, so McKay can renew his partnership with Donaldson. And I would still make a few overtures across the bridge, where they have so many strikers that surely they'd let us have a shot of a Mr B. Mckay for the run-in?

I agree with the first part of your post. But I don't know about Billy Mckay. I think he is yesterday's man now. 

3 hours ago, Caman said:

I agree with the first part of your post. But I don't know about Billy Mckay. I think he is yesterday's man now. 

Your right there Caman. 

Edited by IBM

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Too early to write Meekings off, but I think we had the best out of him, before his injury. Although I don't follow Dundee closely, it would appear that Meekings is nowhere near the player he was.

Not writing Meekings off, but Dundee are mince. Losing Bain, Hendry and Allan (albeit on loan) has left them on a slippery slope.