Council Juice

Caley Jags 2017/18 squad + changes in/out

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Raven elsdon warren ofw and calder to leave. 

Cooper may stay. Chalmers to stay.

Donaldson extend. 

 

 

Not seen much of him but you reckon Riccardo Calder will be off?

Cooper for me is a take or leave. If he's on a relatively small wage then he's a decent squad option out wide. But I'd not despair if he didn't. 

Raven is a certainty to go. Warren, also on a big wage, though it might be risky to move on so much experience.

I think Susan is the player Robbo refers to as the other we will try and move on. Might depend on him finding another club so that we can release him at nominal cost. 2 year deal was always a risk. But then it's a risk offering 6 month or 1 year deals as they might up and leave when you'd like them to stay.

Chalmers after initially many not being sure about him is coming onto a game and would be good to keep. And Donaldson has formed a strong defensive pairing with Mckay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone will come in for Warren as he will not get a big wage from another team so he is likely to be here for the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right Robert I hope that is work in progress that will see him stay on a much extended contract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2017 at 11:53 PM, Council Juice said:

Not seen much of him but you reckon Riccardo Calder will be off?

Cooper for me is a take or leave. If he's on a relatively small wage then he's a decent squad option out wide. But I'd not despair if he didn't. 

Raven is a certainty to go. Warren, also on a big wage, though it might be risky to move on so much experience.

I think Susan is the player Robbo refers to as the other we will try and move on. Might depend on him finding another club so that we can release him at nominal cost. 2 year deal was always a risk. But then it's a risk offering 6 month or 1 year deals as they might up and leave when you'd like them to stay.

Chalmers after initially many not being sure about him is coming onto a game and would be good to keep. And Donaldson has formed a strong defensive pairing with Mckay.

Calder - I would also bin him. He's not very good and even worse doesn't appear that interested. 

Elsdon - He isn't even making the bench lately. He's garbage. Bin him. 

Raven. As we know he is off next month. Shame.

Susan - Wow. Disaster. Bin. 

OFW - USA bound asap I believe. 

That clears the way a bit (hopefully). 

Priorities - Donaldson on an 18 month contract. New Striker who can actually score, as how Bell does, not like Baird who doesn't. 

Simples :ictscarf:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me then who thinks Calder has some ability?  Now granted he's not always shown it, but if he can get his attitude sorted, I think he *could* come good.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Is it just me then who thinks Calder has some ability?  Now granted he's not always shown it, but if he can get his attitude sorted, I think he *could* come good.

Yes. It is just you. :blink:

How many folk with a bad attitude are capable of changing it. I have yet to meet one. 

Edited by Caman
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have seen plenty. Calder has undoubted ability but to change his attitude he needs to want to belong and I don't think that he does. Warren will be given a back room job if he wants to settle locally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From today's P&J Robbo is hopeful that long term injury absentee Susan could be available for selection before the turn of the year :ohmy:

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBM said:

From today's P&J Robbo is hopeful that long term injury absentee Susan could be available for selection before the turn of the year :ohmy:

Well, a goal feast beckons. Not!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RiG said:

The departures of Eldson and Raven were all but confirmed by JR in the Highland News.

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/John-Robertson-plans-January-swoops-at-Caley-Thistle-06122017.htm

Interesting that there is no mention of Donaldson. Hopefully that means he is all but tied up on a new contract. 

Glad Elsdon is going. Started 5, on as a sub for 3, 3 yellow cards. Not worthy of wearing number 6 shirt. He really is mince. 

Not sure about Robbo's comments about maybe getting in someone who has fallen out with coaching staff at his club. Don't want any 'bad apples' here. 

Maybe time to give some of the youngsters he mentions a game, but in the same vain might be a gamble as don't want to lose momentum.

Easy sitting on the sidelines being a know all isn't it!!

Edited by Caman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caman said:

Not sure about Robbo's comments about maybe getting in someone who has fallen out with coaching staff at his club. Don't want any 'bad apples' here. 

Having witnessed literally hundreds of press conferences and interviews over the years, there's a turn of phrase that often crops up in regards to looking at players who have "fallen out of favour" at other clubs.....so I'd be inclined to think that was what was intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Having witnessed literally hundreds of press conferences and interviews over the years, there's a turn of phrase that often crops up in regards to looking at players who have "fallen out of favour" at other clubs.....so I'd be inclined to think that was what was intended.

Yep, no point in reading anything into it on reflection. I'm sure he won't take a Diego Costa type spoilt brat here lol   :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Renegade said:

Is it just me then who thinks Calder has some ability?  Now granted he's not always shown it, but if he can get his attitude sorted, I think he *could* come good.

 

22 hours ago, Caman said:

Yes. It is just you. :blink:

How many folk with a bad attitude are capable of changing it. I have yet to meet one. 

No, it's not just you. I do think his attitude hasn't looked good at all - too quick to go down when anyone comes near him, and too quick to let his head go down when things aren't going his way - but he has shown flashes of ability. He wasn't bad in the six or seven minutes he had against Queen of the South on Saturday. Whether or not he can change his attitude and make the most of that ability is a different matter, but it can happen  - Barry Robson being a case in point.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Courier, a deal is agreed in principle with Donaldson. Fingers crossed!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robert said:

According to the Courier, a deal is agreed in principle with Donaldson. Fingers crossed!!

Don't get too excited. Sounds too much like the Brexit deal to me. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robbo told the press weeks ago that they had a deal agreed.....he just needed to find/free up the funds to put it in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to keep warren as such a great guy and huge amounts of experience and a big goal threat. 

I was just postulating on wages and renewal of squad robbo was discussing. 

Based on noises so far looks promising warren will stay , donaldson sign up for two years hopefully and maybe keep calder as well. Will be interesting what Robbo then has in his pocket for striking options in january if the money is there. 

I think the decision will be based on whether we believe with our league pisition we can achieve play offs this year. 

I am very positive now we have beaten everyone but st mirren in the top 4. Its just the 10 point lead will be too much. If we are three points off playoffs by this time i think we will invest a little more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

And Livingston.

Ok every result in second quarter has been substantial improvement apart from the mckendrick game.

Qos home draw to away draw

Livingstone home loss 3 1 to away draw. 

So if we keep improving like that and other teams keep hurting each other still positive.

Shows how important falkirk and dumbarton games are. 

I predict 5th by first game in january.....then spend some money to secure neighmar...or lavatray. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Ok every result in second quarter has been substantial improvement apart from the mckendrick game.

Qos home draw to away draw

Livingstone home loss 3 1 to away draw. 

So if we keep improving like that and other teams keep hurting each other still positive.

Shows how important falkirk and dumbarton games are. 

I predict 5th by first game in january.....then spend some money to secure neighmar...or lavatray. 

what money?

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Money from thrifty parking club. ?

Didnt say a lot of money...

Don't think there will be any money soon now the Cooncil Planners are on to it :sad: see the CLUB STATEMENT thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.