ICT v Forres

CableGuy

Was at the match today.

No.3 looked ok. 

No.6 Leitch. Seemed to be decent. Would like to see more of him. Strange seeing soeone else wearing numer 6 though. 

No.9 Davidson. Bit lightweight for me.

N0.10 Oakley. Seemed strong and with support could be decent prospect. 

No.11 Have to say didn't see anything exciting, although others did. 

N0.13 Ridgers. Seemed commanding and confident in his own box. It was Forres though. 

No.17 Foy. Pacey and direct. Would like to see more. 

Saw Mulraney and Doran pre match. Wonder if them along with Baird and Vigurs and any others will be on against Brora.

Usual commitment from Draper. Hope he is staying. 

12 hours ago, Garrincha said:

Kingsmils, the Caley starting 11 were as on the team sheet list above. Mitch Foy was the only sub used, coming on for the injured Davidson. 

If you were asking about the Forres starting 11, they were Knight, G Fraser, Groat, Moore, L Fraser, Pollock, MacPhee, Duncanson, Howarth, R Fraser and Soane. 

Thank you for that and the information you provided was very welcome. However, you missed the point of my reply. My Username might just give you a hint.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Thank you for that and the information you provided was very welcome. However, you missed the point of my reply. My Username might just give you a hint.

Despite fairly heavy hints from both Kingsmills and RandBC, I don't think Garrincha quite gets it yet!

Meanwhile back at the game...........

Forres could easily have been a couple ahead at the break as we struggled for any cohesion. Much better after the break with Forres restricted to scraps. Good headed goal from a corner for Mckay and a ferocious free kick smacking off the bar very late for ICT.

As for the trialists. 

Chalmers - I wasn't too sure on. Can see why he got some stick last season from Motherwell fans. 

Leitch - I was very impressed with, I hope we offer him a deal. Lovely left foot and ideal replacement for Tansey, I think. 

Elbouzedi - Again, very good. Techincally very good, good balance and can dribble. Worth a deal.

Davidson - Liked the look of. Don't know how bad his injury was but I think he's worth another shot at Brora if fit.

Oakley - wasn't too impressed but worth another go. 

Foy - At 17 years old, I was impressed. Would like to see him again.

If we go in with a starting XI like below against Dundee United then I'd be content. I think we'll sign Chalmers as cover until Tremarco is back so I've included him.

Ridgers

Raven      Mckay          Warren      Chalmers

Polworth    Draper    Leitch

Elbouzedi                                 Foy

Davidson/Baird

Incidentally, with Boden and likely OWF off the wage bill, I don't think I'd be alone in loving to see Josh Meekings back. Especially with us looking for defensive reinforcements. If we had a back line of Raven, Meekings, Warren, Tremarco come October it would be like a throwback to when we were good...

Edited by CaleyThistle
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, CaleyThistle said:

As for the trialists. 

Chalmers - I wasn't too sure on. Can see why he got some stick last season from Motherwell fans. 

Leitch - I was very impressed with, I hope we offer him a deal. Lovely left foot and ideal replacement for Tansey, I think. 

Elbouzedi - Again, very good. Techincally very good, good balance and can dribble. Worth a deal.

Davidson - Liked the look of. Don't know how bad his injury was but I think he's worth another shot at Brora if fit.

Oakley - wasn't too impressed but worth another go. 

Foy - At 17 years old, I was impressed. Would like to see him again.

If we go in with a starting XI like below against Dundee United then I'd be content. I think we'll sign Chalmers as cover until Tremarco is back so I've included him.

Ridgers

Raven      Mckay          Warren      Chalmers

Polworth    Draper    Leitch

Elbouzedi                                 Foy

Davidson/Baird

Incidentally, with Boden and likely OWF off the wage bill, I don't think I'd be alone in loving to see Josh Meekings back. Especially with us looking for defensive reinforcements. If we had a back line of Raven, Meekings, Warren, Tremarco come October it would be like a throwback to when we were good...

Second that - sounds like Elbouzedi could be one of those signings who could capture the imagination/headlines. Here's hoping anyway!!

Myst try & get along to one of the friendlies & see the team in action..

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Meanwhile back at the game...........

Forres could easily have been a couple ahead at the break as we struggled for any cohesion. Much better after the break with Forres restricted to scraps. Good headed goal from a corner for Mckay and a ferocious free kick smacking off the bar very late for ICT.

It was obvious in the first half that the team had not played together previously.

Without the aid of the wind in the 2nd half and with Draper/Leith being far more disciplined in positioning you are correct that Forres were rarely in the game in the 2nd half.

There was a definite lack of end product however over the full part of the game and whilst Elbouzedi showed flashes there was rarely an end product to match (reminiscent of Mulraney??).

Saw little in Davidson (though he was starting to come into the game when he came off). Would not be surprised if he has a broken foot and the tackle was poor (first foot caught the ball and second foot came through and got the player).

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, CaleyThistle said:

Meekings hardly played the last 2 seasons and turned down an offer which would have been much less than the huge wage he was on so he will not be coming back.

5 hours ago, Tree said:

It was obvious in the first half that the team had not played together previously.

Without the aid of the wind in the 2nd half and with Draper/Leith being far more disciplined in positioning you are correct that Forres were rarely in the game in the 2nd half.

There was a definite lack of end product however over the full part of the game and whilst Elbouzedi showed flashes there was rarely an end product to match (reminiscent of Mulraney??).

Saw little in Davidson (though he was starting to come into the game when he came off). Would not be surprised if he has a broken foot and the tackle was poor (first foot caught the ball and second foot came through and got the player).

Hopefully the cohesion in the team will get better (it has to!), planning along to either Nairn on Fri or Elgin on Sat - see what's what.

Given the rather large rebuilding job which Robbo is undertaking just now, I'm not expecting anything too dramatic...

• Agree 3

No.3 Chalmers - Wasn't expecting much given that i'd seen numerous Motherwell fans rate him poorly however I thought he did quite well. Eager to get down the flank and support the winger, vocal in encouraging other players and didn't let much past him defensively. Pretty tidy on the ball overall

No.6 Leitch. Good first half performance, very energetic and full of running. Good on the ball and technically sound. Constantly asking for the ball and keen to get forward. More disciplined performance in the second half and less involved as the game seems to move more to the wings.

No.9 Davidson. Couple of half chances but didn't show anything particularly special. Well shackled by the Forres centre halves which isn't a great sign. Would need to see more and hope the injury he sustained isnt too serious, looked a real sore one.

No.10 Oakley. Same as Davidson really, couple of half chances including one nice turn on the ball in the box but shot over.

No.11 Elbouzedi. Quiet first half but really came into the game in the second half. Looked like he could be a real find. Created quite a few good chances and had one rasping shot just over the bar 

No.13 Ridgers. Wasn't tested much in the second half but looked a lot more commanding in the box than OFW

No.17 Foy. Replaced the injured Davidson and looked very bright when he came on. Bit of pace and trickery and seemed a lot more likely to score than the other two forwards.

On 2017-7-2 at 6:28 PM, IBM said:

Meekings hardly played the last 2 seasons and turned down an offer which would have been much less than the huge wage he was on so he will not be coming back.

Still played 18 games in league last season despite knee Op. If he's fit he'd be an exceptional Championship player and one we know could make the step back up. Something likes of Warren and Raven probably couldn't do in a year.

Enjoying the comments from the Forres game.

Not particularly enjoying the comments about Jock Finlayson. Hopefully It should all sort itself out,  so long as they are all on the same page up in the Boardroom.

Anyone heard from Kenny Cameron of late? Also would hope that Richie Foran has got himself a reasonable job after such a sad end for him.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Libero said:

No.9 Davidson. Couple of half chances but didn't show anything particularly special. Well shackled by the Forres centre halves which isn't a great sign. Would need to see more and hope the injury he sustained isnt too serious, looked a real sore one.

I heard today that he's broken his metatarsal and likely to be out for about 6 weeks. Who said it wasn't a brutal game? Was it not Mulraney who was crocked in the Forres game last July?

Edited by Row S

9 hours ago, Row S said:

I heard today that he's broken his metatarsal and likely to be out for about 6 weeks. Who said it wasn't a brutal game? Was it not Mulraney who was crocked in the Forres game last July?

What you on about........Mulraney was injured every time he played last season. Lost count the amount of times he hobbled off before the 90 minutes.

in fact he is still injured now maybe a result from the knock he took at Forres in July 16.