ICT vs Brora

Moogthurso

8 minutes ago, KennySim93 said:

These friendlies really mean nothing other than a means for the players to get fit.  I wouldn't get too excited about beating Brora 4-1...

Although beating a part time team from the Highland League is a whole lot better than being humiliated by a bunch of similarly resourced  part timers from Luxembourg!

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Although beating a part time team from the Highland League is a whole lot better than being humiliated by a bunch of similarly resourced  part timers from Luxembourg!

That is very true! :lol:

Watching  the first half at Brora the doubts in my mind were synonymous with what I felt last year at the same match. even in the warm up the lack of cohesion and ambition was obvious, however It did pick up when Rice went across to them and got them organised .  notables in the first half were Raven, Draper Baird Mulrraney ( though his play was sussed out and made to obvious at first) Oakley showed some promise but ran offside too often. Ridgers I am afraid filled me with dread with his mishandling of crosses in front of goal, flapping personified I would call it , positioning and drilling were much better .Esson however will have to find a solution to his handling of crosses, Ridgers is a tall lad and should be able to do an awful lot better in removing danger.

Second half for the team was a different story organisation and cohesion came into play and we suddenly looked a very much better side, confidence grew as the goals went in and we started to look hungry. All in all comparing last year and this I am more confident of getting something out of this season, whereas last season I could not see any promise.

Draper must be kept unless he himself is not happy  being with us ' He is going to be the goalmaker and came close on two occasions to scoring #himself,  I wont pick out notables from the second half because there was a different aura about the side and each contributed.

That is, whatever it is worth, my summary of the way  we played at Brora and the possibilities I could see for us this season.

• Agree 6

I won't make any of the friendlies this year but I'm not bothered about how the players react to playing HL teams in what is usually a glorified training session. It must be a bit surreal for them. Last year we got all hot and bothered about Richie's team in the friendlies and then the shyte hit the fan when we started playing for real. We just scraped through the league cup group before getting humiliated at Alloa and the same at Firhill. See (some of) you at Forthbank.

• Agree 2