Charles Bannerman

Extraordinary General Meeting - 3rd August.

30 posts in this topic

On 13/07/2017 at 2:23 PM, caleyboy said:

No need for the sarcasm Scotty. I don't think I'm on my own with my views on that hideous club crest appearing on official club stationery. That is NOT our official club badge/crest and well you know it.

On 13/07/2017 at 3:39 PM, Scotty said:

I wasnt actually being sarcastic ... and if you search back the forums, you will see my views on the crest match yours. 

Ok can someone post an image of the offending headed paper with a comparison to the real crest. I'm curious. 

A wee bit off topic  perhaps, but--you got your papers within 3 days from Inverness Scottie?  That's spectacular. Don't they use the computer nowadays to inform fans of events like this? Less costly, far quicker delivery and saves the cutting down of trees as well .Meaning ? Well, maybe the club has a hidden reserve of money to burn. The many new signings this year also points to this as a possibility. Or not?

P,S.I also received a letter once from Inverness to the West coast of Canada in 3 days some 2 years ago but never again after that. The last letter I got here in Western Canada from my sister in Inverness a week ago took 11 days, using the dates on the stamp as a guide, which stunned me.Even the Pony Express in the 1800's  didn't take that long  to cross the north American continent. and that was even after fighting off Indians en-route as well.:wink: Mind you, the Canadian postal service is also going down the tube as far as we can determine. Less and less customers apparently. 

The last I heard  ( 2-3 years ago) was that it had been sold to Deutsche Post which obviously is using it to make money rather than to deliver a quality service to the population. Backed up by the fact that my metal community postbox on the street is filled to the brim daily with glossy paper advertisements which necessitates careful sorting to avoid letters being thrown out along with this unwanted stuff.  Is this, along with text-speak, the new "progress" by any chance?

On 7/14/2017 at 7:16 PM, Council Juice said:

Ok can someone post an image of the offending headed paper with a comparison to the real crest. I'm curious. 

I'll do it in this thread as its already discussing the badge and has been posted to this week already : 

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I'll do it in this thread as its already discussing the badge and has been posted to this week already : 

Thanks Scotty

Gawd - It is the feckin degree of talent wearing the feckin shirt,badge etc., etc. that feckin counts. Looking forward to a Bannerman Smileymometer, journalistic report on the Extraordinary meeting of great minds.