Home Crowd

Gringo

Two home games so far this season and on both occasions the attendance figure has not been published in match reports etc. Not even the 'official' SPFL web site can provide the figure.

Surely there is someone there that count above 20 :tongueincheek:. Is someone finding it difficult with the count because they can't use season ticket holder numbers? How does the count work? Turnstile figure or guessimate?

Note to participants of Gringo's NPL:

Please be patient with updates. Until the club gets its act together regarding this issue it could take an age to produce. It's in their hands (and toes).

• Agree 2

There will be further dwindling crowds if they don't sort out this ticketing policy with no pay gates, absolute shambles yesterday even with pre-ordered tickets.

I'm a season ticket holder so this only affects me on cup games, however this apparent desire to operate without cash turnstiles is one sure way of driving potential new/casual supporters away due to the inefficiency shown yesterday.  

Lets have a common sense approach to this, we are now a Championship side so lets operate like one until we hopefully return to the Premier Division, this should also apply to access to the Main Stand facilities from the North Terracing as well, one week it's open the next some weegie jobsworth's saying 'yer no getting in'

• Agree 3

Wholly agree with this. As a travelling supporter the hassle of collecting a ticket is not necessary or good enough. As Donview says.......are we trying to encourage people to attend the games or actually put them off?

• Agree 1

I'm pro cash gates but to be honest yesterday it took maybe 2.5 mins max of waiting in a que at the ticket office then it was straight through the gate. Hardly a massive inconvenience really. Could be more of course at a busier game.

As a season ticket holder though I don't have to bother most weeks.

More shocked that we still have the gall to charge £4 for a fecking hotdog.

5 hours ago, tm4tj said:

I eventually found the attendance figure for Brechin game on Official Site It's not obvious though. Maybe they should include it on the twitter account at each home game.

I did find that too on the Monday after the game. Must take 48 hours then to count a 1000+ folk.

The Tweeter feed sometimes announced the crowd figure but not sure if that was just CaleyD whom, of course, isn't there anymore. Place has gone to pot without him :wink:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

12 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

It seems to me almost to be part of football that clubs in general show a lot less urgency about publicising cup crowds than in the league.

Not sure that's the case Charles. Majority of all other clubs seem to be on the ball including the part time outfits such as East Kilbride etc. 

13 minutes ago, ictbob said:

The reason they don't have cash gates is they want to employ kids to operate the gate and pay them peanuts.you have to be over 16 to collect cash.

Is that so?

Screenshot_20170724-182708.png

• Agree 2

On 7/23/2017 at 11:57 AM, Donview said:

There will be further dwindling crowds if they don't sort out this ticketing policy with no pay gates, absolute shambles yesterday even with pre-ordered tickets.

I'm a season ticket holder so this only affects me on cup games, however this apparent desire to operate without cash turnstiles is one sure way of driving potential new/casual supporters away due to the inefficiency shown yesterday.  

Lets have a common sense approach to this, we are now a Championship side so lets operate like one until we hopefully return to the Premier Division, this should also apply to access to the Main Stand facilities from the North Terracing as well, one week it's open the next some weegie jobsworth's saying 'yer no getting in'

this happened to me on a trip over a couple years ago. I'd had a few too many beers pre game and walked in the wrong turnstile i was supposed to be in north and ended up in the main stand. I walked over to the door that leads to the north stand and the guy let me through without issue. last time it happened the door was chained and the guy said no. I explained that it was a silly mistake and i had a few but no give from him so i had to exit and go around to the correct gate only to have to keep a calm head and explain what had happened again to the operator as he wasn't going to let us in with our now ripped tickets. Eventually he did let us go but we missed KO and i couldn't help but wonder why we were let in the main stand in the first place with north stand tickets. Felt **** as it was my Mrs first trip over in a while and my dad's very first trip over. It left him with a sour note. Wont make the same mistake a third time. . . . I hope. I can understand health and safety, security and all that but an exception for good ol Johnny Foreigner here :lol:

• Like 1