Website Upgrade (July 2017) - Support Thread

Scotty

upgrade-e1389875836816-600x430.jpgSITE UPGRADE : At some point over the next few days we will be upgrading the site to the newest version of the software from our vendor. This will be a major version change.

The overall look and feel of the site will remain the same and even though some things may not look different in the front end, there will be some fairly major changes in the background as well as some new or improved features added which we hope everyone will enjoy (or grow used to).

This will be an "in-place" upgrade and although we have tested it a few times and do not anticipate any issues or downtime there may be a few blips as we go through the process and I will probably turn off posating for a brief spell during the upgrade so we dont lose any data. 

I will try to give as much notice as possible before flipping the switch so when its in progress if you find something is not quite right don't worry too much about it. However, once done, if you notice anything completely broken please let me know in this thread. 

• Funny 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Is there any way to switch off the Our Picks down the right hand side when reading threads? I find it really distracting and in the way of reading the content. Having it at the top of the list of new posts is OK, just not at the side when trying to read the threads.

It cannot be done on a per user basis but I can switch it off on threads across the board. Was just testing it so not a big deal to do that. 

i removed them for now. we have the 'our picks' at the top of the forums, on the front page and elsewhere so we are well covered it think. I know some people like to read the actual threads without stuff on the sidebar .....

• 2 weeks later...

Had to do a quick update to version 4.2.2 this morning (afternoon for most of you) and the site was unavailable for about 5 minutes or so. There were a few bugfixes which we could have waited to install but there was also a security patch included and we apply those as soon as we are aware of them. Everything is back up and seems to be working normally.

Feedback so far seems mostly positive although at least one user seems to have issue with the responsive design elements in IE11.   Would be interested to get more feedback and also whether one new feature I have not implemented yet called "clubs" would be of interest to anyone .... Travel Club is one set of potential users but are there other 'groups' who might see it as useful ? 

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/new-clubs-r1017/?page=12&tab=comments#comment-204677