If I won the Euromillions jackpot, what would I do....

1. Buy Ross County and make them our feeder team :ictscarf:

2. Buy the land the stadium is on and  all land surrounding it that is contained within Stadium Road. This would obviously need the travellers re sited. As we would own 'County' we could put them through there. The council road salt mountain would also need moved. 

3. Rebuild the stadium with a 6,000 seater. An arena type stadium with no gaps around it. 

4. As we would own the land, stadium etc. Have training facilities and a football academy in this area to have everything situated together. 

5. Contraversial bit (1). Change team name to Inverness FC. There is still a hangover and hankering back to the two old teams and all the negativity that goes with this. 

6. Contraversial bit (2). Change the teams colours to something that is new and neutral. Any suggestions? 

7. To win back popularity after points 6 and 7 hand out free season tickets. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Guest

I like #3. It's what's needed and to be built in a location with better access and facilities - unless you're going to build them too :thumbup:

As for me, I'd never win it because I don't play it. BUT if I did, I would certainly chuck a couple of bob at the club and finance free buses to ALL away games and possibly free (away) match tickets too. You can buy your own pies and beer though.

32 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I like #3. It's what's needed and to be built in a location with better access and facilities - unless you're going to build them too :thumbup:

As for me, I'd never win it because I don't play it. BUT if I did, I would certainly chuck a couple of bob at the club and finance free buses to ALL away games and possibly free (away) match tickets too. You can buy your own pies and beer though.

Gringo, where do you think is a better location? 

Edited by Guest

Good question Caman. Telford Street would be good :lol:. An area around the Bught Park would be ideal but they exhausted those thoughts years ago. But, if you have loads of money...that will play in to the hands of the council and pull some string  :wink::wink:.

Where the stadium is now is probably the only place you can put it but access to it and the facilities within and around the ground are really quite pathetic. Improvement on that front could make the whole match experience much better.

25 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Good question Caman. Telford Street would be good :lol:. An area around the Bught Park would be ideal but they exhausted those thoughts years ago. But, if you have loads of money...that will play in to the hands of the council and pull some string  :wink::wink:.

Where the stadium is now is probably the only place you can put it but access to it and the facilities within and around the ground are really quite pathetic. Improvement on that front could make the whole match experience much better.

I would say the ground would be best to remain where it is. Yes, the facilities would have to be improved, car parking, access and so on.  

I think it would also be an ideal location for a Travelodge/Premier Inn/IBIS type hotel and other areas of revenue to make it 'work' during the week. 

All pie in the sky though until my numbers come in. :cry: 

OK... a "fun thread" which probably articulates fantasies that a lot of football fans have indulged in from time to time. So let me lace it further with a bit of "fun devil's advocacy".

At a time when inequality and poverty are high profile issues, how would you justify something which, among other things, would cause a small number of football players who are already paid above their realistic market rate to earn even further above that market rate? Rather than take steps which would increase inequality and doing nothing to address poverty, would the money not be better and more morally invested in bettering the lot of the less fortunate in society?

• Facepalm 2

Charles, okey dokey. As with my previous thread about a club shop I am serious with my views of the club and what would benefit it, the fans, community and so on.

If this bit of banter did become reality I would not be in it to line the pockets of players. Far from it to be honest. I would be doing it to firstly benefit the fans first and foremost. Closely followed by the club, to enhance the city, provide community benefits and local employment and also local enjoyment.

This would provide in roads to addressing inequality and help with poverty, and as already stated hopefully put a smile on some peoples faces. 

As stated this was meant to be a 'fun thread'. I just wished to step aside from inequality, poverty etc which I see and work in the world of on a daily basis. 

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

OK... a "fun thread" which probably articulates fantasies that a lot of football fans have indulged in from time to time. So let me lace it further with a bit of "fun devil's advocacy".

At a time when inequality and poverty are high profile issues, how would you justify something which, among other things, would cause a small number of football players who are already paid above their realistic market rate to earn even further above that market rate? Rather than take steps which would increase inequality and doing nothing to address poverty, would the money not be better and more morally invested in bettering the lot of the less fortunate in society?

Send that to the likes of yer Chelsea's and Man Utd's :nanananana:

Edited by Gringo

I have changed my stadium to 5,999 seated and a gurning section for 1. Guess who that is for? :crazy:

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Of course it was, and it was hence followed up with what was referred to as "fun devil's advocacy", just to see what people's reactions would be... which have been quite interesting :smile:

Ok Charles. I will scrap the gurning section in the new stadium. Which would be called Capital Stadium.  :cheer01:

The strip would be a deep purple colour. Purple shirt, socks and socks with silver piping. In winter it would be a stadium full of 'purple jumpers'. Right enough. Can't get more Invernesian than that lol :ictscarf:

4 hours ago, Caman said:

Ok Charles. I will scrap the gurning section in the new stadium. Which would be called Capital Stadium.  :cheer01:

The strip would be a deep purple colour. Purple shirt, socks and socks with silver piping. In winter it would be a stadium full of 'purple jumpers'. Right enough. Can't get more Invernesian than that lol :ictscarf:

and instead of advertising hoardings we would just have 'rubber bumpers' with a postoffice in each corner. 

20 hours ago, Caman said:

2. Buy the land the stadium is on and  all land surrounding it that is contained within Stadium Road. This would obviously need the travellers re sited. As we would own 'County' we could put them through there. The council road salt mountain would also need moved. 

3. Rebuild the stadium with a 6,000 seater. An arena type stadium with no gaps around it. 

4. As we would own the land, stadium etc. Have training facilities and a football academy in this area to have everything situated together. 

5. Contraversial bit (1). Change team name to Inverness FC. There is still a hangover and hankering back to the two old teams and all the negativity that goes with this. 

6. Contraversial bit (2). Change the teams colours to something that is new and neutral. Any suggestions? 

Thoughts?

Would agree with most of this, apart from points 5 & 6. Can completely see where you're coming from with the name change & strip change (& agree with you as well!!), but think too much time has gone past now to do this - pre 1997 (move to the stadium) is when this should have been done, we've too much history as ICT now. Have to say though, if we had a vote on changing to Inverness FC, I'd seriously consider it..

As for the strips - I'm happy with the stripes look, but WHY do we have to have red, white & blue on our home tops!!! Brings up too many negative connotations of a certain Govan based club (in fact, an ex anti merger Caley fan at my work told me he hates 2 teams that play in red white & blue - guess who they are....).

Red, black & blue is fine (like we had a few seasons ago) & more appropriate.

40 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Apparently this wee stadium may just sneak into our budget.

image.jpeg

I think I can afford that at present 

:laugh:

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Maybe so, but they clearly don't have a full squad.

We don't need one, we have Spiderman as a striker :cheer01:

On 26/07/2017 at 10:52 AM, Caman said:

Thoughts?

Regarding No 5....i wholehartedly agree. Despite what anyone says, there remains a rift between our own support. I was a big Caley fan, back in the Highland League days. I recall been given a questionnaire before the merger. One of the questions pertained to what the name of the new team should be. Even i had the sense to see, that if Caley or Thistle was in the name, it was cause a divide...and it has. I voted to call the new team Inverness FC

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1