RAVEN

bigman

37 minutes ago, bigman said:

If we are struggling for players why isn,t Raven playing.

Robbo wants him gone. If he played him he could get injured and would defo be here until January. Is it Raven that can have another 6 months after January, or the club who decides this?

Some of these contracts are confusing. 

Absolutely nonsense, why would you bring in  another 2  no hoper journeymen to replace 1 SPL experienced fullback who IMO still has loads to offer. Thought the idea was to have a smaller squad but with more quality.

Get Raven back in at fullback releasing Seedorf to play further forward.    

46 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Absolutely nonsense, why would you bring in  another 2  no hoper journeymen to replace 1 SPL experienced fullback who IMO still has loads to offer. Thought the idea was to have a smaller squad but with more quality.

Get Raven back in at fullback releasing Seedorf to play further forward.    

Totally agree with this. Defo need quality over quantity!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Caman said:

I was expressing what I think Robbo must be the thinking. That is all. 

Caman I think you are right with your thoughts and although most including myself would like to see him stay I understand that the manager has a budget to work with to rebuild the team for the future.

12 hours ago, bigman said:

If we are struggling for players why isn,t Raven playing.

I dont think we are struggling for players, The players we have just need game time to gell together. 

Raven is only contracted till the end of December,  If he's not on Robbo's long term plans, why play him? 

Raven is a legend for his goal in the cup semi, but every footballer will have their great day ( mostly) he's had his, and i thinks Ravens time is up with us.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, IBM said:

Caman I think you are right with your thoughts and although most including myself would like to see him stay I understand that the manager has a budget to work with to rebuild the team for the future.

The need to trim the budget I perfectly understand but, as is the case with OFW, he is on the wage bill just now and costing us money on a daily basis so we may as well make use of our best assets and surely, if we want to offload players, the best way is to put them in the shop window and have them play and, hopefully, play well.

This is a difficult one..I can see this from both sides. For me, Raven still has a lot to offer - I know he's probably past his best, but is still a quality player who could make a contribution to the squad.

However, I can also see Robbo's point of view - why keep a player on a big contract who is in the latter half of his career?

Personally, I'd keep Raves & offer him a smaller/pay as you play contract when his current one expires (if he's still an effective squad member, obviously). My guess is that he may go for that, as he seems to be settled up here & doesn't want to move away.

You have to feel for him, that's 2 managers who have frozen out a player who could legitimately be called a club ledgend (even just for THAT goal at Hampden!). Think the Yogi freeze was possibly a personal thing though..

For those that think time is up for Raven is the same not true of Warren who had an even poorer season last year?

I don't think Raven would get back in at RB. Seedorf has impressed there but what about playing him (Raven) on the left and move Calder further forward? Chalmers hasn't looked great on the few times I've seen him and Clader has looked iffy defensively but reasonable getting forward to play crosses in. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Spot on RIG. Raven is better than most of the newcomers with the exception of Seedorf. To keep a player who wants to remain with the club on the bench when we are crying out for a decent left back is surely madness. He us still here and being paid so why on earth not play him. We seem to have adopted a policy of quantity not quality. We could have done without half the new signings and kept Raven and Fon Williams despite the latter's less than perfect performances on occasions. I'm afraid Ridgers doesn't fill me  with much confidence and  Calder just lacks the all round ability of Raven  

• Agree 2

TOSSERS, sorry about that, the person that wrote this almost got it right!  he is the ******.... and big style  :laugh:

Edited by caley100
Hacked by ******
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1