Team for Forfar?

This isn't about playing our best available side, it is about trying to determine what our best side will be against Dundee Utd.  Last week Robbo was hugely displeased with the attitude of some of the players who he sees as the better players.  This could be a match in which they are challenged to perform in if they want to start in the league match.  It was good to hear his comments about the attitude of the youngsters who played in the Clach game and I guess he will be far more inclined to give the youngsters a chance than either Hughes or Foran were.  He might give a couple of youngsters some game time.  The chances of us progressing to the knock out stage is remote and so it doesn't really matter whether we win this game or not.  I would therefore not be surprised if two or three of Robbos first picks started on the bench with others being given the chance to impress.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I've lost track a bit, but I think we could field an entire team of goalkeepers.

I am going to the match. I'll take my boots in case I'm needed. 

They are 15 years old and black leather. None of this pink boots p**h for me. :cheer01:

Caman

See you at walking football ?  No need to bring boots 1  By the way in my day the feet used to bleed as the nails of the studs wore through the leather soles .

Joking apart - Things are beginning to look very serious. I think  we are getting  towards a watershed match.  A poor result against another " part time "  unit  , will be very bad  for  team moral and also  us beleaguered shell shocked fans

I am not hoping to pull up the Dundee United tree or even the trees of the  top rated Falkirk' or the underrated  bush of ST Mirren   , but we must produce against the less powerful outfits in the league.   I have fingers crossed  -

My new season ticket awaits it's first use,  

Hopeful and anxious - regards to all the fans  Laurence

49 minutes ago, Laurence said:

Caman

See you at walking football ?  No need to bring boots 1  By the way in my day the feet used to bleed as the nails of the studs wore through the leather soles .

Joking apart - Things are beginning to look very serious. I think  we are getting  towards a watershed match.  A poor result against another " part time "  unit  , will be very bad  for  team moral and also  us beleaguered shell shocked fans

I am not hoping to pull up the Dundee United tree or even the trees of the  top rated Falkirk' or the underrated  bush of ST Mirren   , but we must produce against the less powerful outfits in the league.   I have fingers crossed  -

My new season ticket awaits it's first use,  

Hopeful and anxious - regards to all the fans  Laurence

Glad you got your season ticket I hope you manage the games.

20 hours ago, finmack said:

No idea who has signed and is fit!

I've got a thread I'm updating with the squad list and changes and contract lengths as the come in. Also noting departures. Not really up to date with the kids out on loan yet. I'll do them in a batch.

Club were announcing most of the early deals but haven't said much regarding signings since Zschusschen came in. Brad Mckay hid the signing scarf and it's been quite ever since.

Last season I ran a squad news thread regarding injuries and suspensions but I sometimes (often) forgot. :lol: