Live Video

Will there be live coverage of our home games on the website this year as there was last season? It was very professionally done and it would be a shame if the media team leaving caused it to end.

I wrote to our new Chaiman/CEO last week about this but, so far, he has (chosen?) not to reply.We can only live in hope.

Perhaps if you, together with all other overseas viewers who are really interested in these home videos, wrote to him also it would help to persuade him and/or the Board  that this service is very meaningful to  overseas wallahs like us and encourage them to finally decide to continue the service. His email address can be obtained by writing to the club's contact lady. 

And I advised him that I  would not be against a small raise in the fee required by us overseas fans to access the videos. We'll worth it, IMHO, since Don has done an outstanding job putting it all together which does exceed expectations.  To see all his work go down the tube is both an astonishing and a totally bizarre thought.It would also   be a real downer for all us overseas fans who have kept in touch and followed  the club's progress over these many years.:clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Since I have not yet had the courtesy of  a response from Mr. Finlayson then I'm not in a position to provide the answers.

As suggested above, I encourage you and all other interested fans to also write to the Chairman and the Board to seek clarification. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. One voice from the Canadian Wilderness may not be enough to  allow the board to think positively either about the importance of  :-

1. overseas fans to the club......or....

2. continuing to present to all interested parties worldwide the fact that this is a very progressive and modern club which wholly embraces the wonders of modern technology to promote their image. And, one difficult past season shouldn't be allowed to interfere with the club's efforts to continue to demonstrate 21st century professionalism by assisting those of us fans who can't get to a game except possibly very occasionally.:ictscarf:

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

a very progressive and modern club which wholly embraces the wonders of modern technology to promote their image. And, one difficult past season shouldn't be allowed to interfere with the club's efforts to continue to demonstrate 21st century professionalism by assisting those of us fans who can't get to a game except possibly very occasionally.:ictscarf:

The Chairman may have changed, but the board remains much the same. Some things will never get better! A bunch of numpties who have not got a clue how to run a football club. They are there for their for own ego!

• Agree 1

Not really fair. As you say, the chairman changed but some of the board are the same and this is the same board that did approve a number of initiatives brought to them by the media team to enhance the media and online presence of the club. 

I think the biggest issue right now is lack of personnel. People were already doing more work than before as we didn't really ramp up the staffing levels after our last relegation and subsequent promotion so with more cuts, and others leaving at the end of last season, it's a threadbare staff for the championship with those that are left doing their best to get it done. 

I am hopeful that the club will maintain most of what we had last season but given the cost and technical requirements of producing and streaming the live video I would not hold my breath on seeing that until we are back in he premiership 

In many walks of life individuals who give up their own time free of charge become disillusioned by unfair criticism, by relatively unworthy others (usually hiding behind forum signatures), of their performance or their product. If anyone has a complaint then they should either join in or take over. Otherwise shut the feck up.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Confused 1

Are you suggesting that these individuals that you mention who administered the video programme were unfairly criticised for their efforts? If so, who made the negative(?) criticisms? And for what reasons, bizarre or otherwise?

I saw little wrong in the overall presentation to allow one to be sour & negative about it in any way, shape of form. It was immediately evident to the average interested fan that a great deal of work had been put into this programme. I advised Don that his  commentaries were excellent and well researched.I was astonished and, e.g.  frankly, entranced, by his able grasp of the names of ALL the players on the field, not just the Caley players, which was very helpful to our understanding of the game as it progressed. This was an exceptional commentary performance from a club fan who presumably was not a trained, professional presenter. This gentleman has skill. 

But if you feel that the club administrators could have been more praiseworthy and positive towards Mr. J. then that would NOT surprise me because it's quite obvious that, with the departure of K.C., we overseas viewers are not ranked highly on the list of persons/fans who matter to this Board. Not sending even an acknowledgement is poor form.

At this juncture of the club's situation the Board may well be lucky to get even a smattering of fans in the door by this make-or-break season's end? Which at least would allow them to break even. So, shouldn't they be bending over backwards not to antagonise any real fan and instead encourage interest in different things at different levels?

:redcard:

Och, IHE,  dinna fash yersel  'cos I never gave it a thought. And I appreciate your calling me a mooseheid since it's probably the largest roaming beastie in Canada so it's a rare colimplent. :laugh:

The whole thing seems so bizarre.... what with the club going all Newby Board on us unexpectedly and it  seems so unrealistic after all the fiddling and faddling over so many years to get it up and running, to just cut it out without any announcement whatsoever ?  Real cloak and dagger stuff more suited to the Donald methinks. Is this the wave of the future?

Could well be.....

Interesting piece on STV website (I think) about the filming of all Championship games from season 2018/19 to save clubs the cost of doing their own thing.

Hopefully it will not affect us if we get back up!!

Edited by Robert