Arab Attack

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Probably more of a case of Defend but here is what I would go with

RIDGERS

SEEDORF  McKAY  WARREN  CALDER

VIGURS

POLWORTH DRAPER

BAIRD  OAKLEY MULRANEY

Very attack minded. What exactly is/was Warren's injury? Will he be back for Saturday? I don't rate Elsdon, who is slow and a punt up the park merchant. 

Edited by Guest

As his career is winding down perhaps he is considering  turning to "boot-legging" for something to do and get a wee bittie money set aside for his retirement.  Remember, In the U.S.  during the early 1900's,  gangsters became famous for  bootlegging liquor  to a pubic ever willing to pay for it under the counter.  There were so many underground channels used to purvey the juice  that under a city like Chicago it became like a .............warren.

:laugh:

New season tomorrow and looking at this thread interest this season is as poor as last...........oh well lets hope the starting 11 show a bit more 

The key to the season being a success other than sorting out a leaky defence and having a regular scorer is the Polly/Vigurs/Draper combination and how to play them to get the best out of them and the team. Between the 3 of them they are all highly capable and are possibly the strongest midfield line up in the league. Looking at IHE formation, giving Vigurs a holding role allowing Draper and Polly to push on would be my preference, then have 2 wide players with overlaps from the WB's - this is where Tremarco was excellent last year so its unfortunate he is missing. We know Mulraney can play wide (hopefully better and more consistent than last year) and a fit Doran on the other side, but in his absence I'm not sure who the best option is, but I don't think the role would suit Baird?

DUtd along with Falkirk & St Mirren are probably the biggest challengers for top 4, so avoiding defeat is a must and if we can give Utd an early blow by taking all 3 points it would be a positive start however I do fear the worst based on pre-season, so if we do loose lets hope its not a thumping

Would be delighted to see us start with Polworth, Draper and Vigurs in the middle but if it's going to be 4-4-2 like it looks like Robbo fancies then for me it's got to be Mulraney and Cooper in the wide areas.. Maybe we will see Calder play further up the park with Chalmers at left back instead. 

Neither Calder nor Chalmers fill me with much hope but Calder seems to struggle with his defensive positioning from what i've seen so far although is a bit more mobile.. So flip a coin on which one plays tomorrow.

Arguably within a squad of 'so-so' players we have a few gems that could make all the difference if they turn up at the same time .... based only on reports that would be Seedorf, plus Vigurs and Mulraney (these two very much the enigmatic types) ... Draper could be the lynchpin to our game, whilst if Polworth were to rediscover his mojo he could be class in this division. The juries out on the four front players Baird (slightly better than Boden?), Zschusschen (the new Doumbuoya? who at least scored a few goals) Bell (who on the basis of one game seems to be raising hopes) and Oakley, who maybe has the best pedigree and the best reports. Hopefully one will kick on and if Tremarco returns fit and to form we have could have some threat. Could be very much a hit-and-miss season, that takes a while to get going.....I see the BBC predicts we will finish 3rd, and end up in the play-offs, we'd take that wouldn't we? (given the pedigree of Falkirk and the end of season from of St Mirren). They also predict Dundee Utd to go up automatically so today will be an interesting reveal of potential. Not sure we are up and running yet so a draw is the best I can see for today....lets hope I have lots of egg on face at 5pm

• Agree 1

Good lad, Eagle . You've been doing your homework. Helps the old and decrepit overseas fans understand what the heck is happening to the team this season. For me it might take a little bit of time to clue into the individual names though.

Hoping and praying that the wonderful Board we seem to have this season will relent and call me to say. "Scarlet, your video is ready. If you don't come and get it now it'll get cold and I will have to  phone yer Mammy". OCH!