Robbo to Hearts

Gringo

I can't believe we are even discussing the possibility of Robbo becoming Hearts manager, unless we are talking about Kelty Hearts!

Edit to add - as an aside, Kelty's keeper for the last few season has been Kyle Allison, ex-ICT.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Cathro must be one of the very few managers in recent years to have done a worse job than Foran. His record at Hearts is shocking.

Quickly tallied it up:

Cathro W5 D4 L13, 19 points from his 22 games.
Foran W4 D8 L10, 20 points from the same 22 game period.

Wow!

• Agree 1

Maybe Hearts will appoint Foran then.  Seriously though, Cathro was always going to get booted early this season unless he got off to a really good start.  If Robbo nurtured any hopes of replacing him, I can't see he would have taken the ICT job when we came calling.  Nor can I see him not honouring the commitment he has made to ICT.  In any case, given the Cathro debacle I am sure Hearts will be looking for somebody with more recent managerial experience either in the Premiership or at a decent level down South.  There are several plausible candidates around and the Hearts job will create a lot of interest. 

Lets face it - they need a Marquee signing and Robbo is not in that status. Plus I am sure that Robbo and countless other Jam Tarts could clearly see the pending demise of Cathro and he would have never come to Sneck in the first place if he thought there was a chance.

• Agree 1

Again, that's just mere speculation and not very flattering for our Mnagaer either. After all, he was successful here before and obviously enjoyed the experience so, for all we know, he might be as happy as a sandboy at Tulloch and itching to get a win or two to start the big ball rolling.

Secondly, the question of whether or not by going to Hearts he has, or has not, got any integrity is clearly not an acceptable assessment of his character at all.  Since we all have yearnings at some point in our lives that  conflict us then it has to be only what's written into his contract that counts for both himself and the club.  Because, if his contract terms are such that he can go for a certain price, IF the  offer is put in writing to the club and the club accepts it, then that  allows him to act in his own interests first and then the club has to have their own integrity of purpose by actually signing the new transfer  deal's contract to finish the matter.

As far as I know John Robertson has not shown any lack of integrity that can allow such speculation so why don't we just wait and see.

Maybe Hearts think that he has been out of a managerial position for too long anyway and  appointing him would not be the best option for them.

Best to see all, hear all, say nowt and keep yer powder dry,Corporal, on this integrity stuff.  :wave:

• Agree 2