Lost revenue for ICT

Jaggernaut

For the last two home games I have not been able to find a raffle tickets vendor. After we come into the car park we walk to the stadium and find the programme seller but no raffle tickets,  so we walk to the main entrance and no sign of anyone selling raffle tickets. I wonder how many more supporters have found this? I usually buy £5 worth and my son usually does as well, so this is lost revenue when surely every pound matters to the club. Would it not be more sensible to have the programmes and raffle tickets to sell inside after we enter the ground, beside the catering units, there is plenty of space and a captive audience? 

32 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Maybe they are just selling them inside the main building to the hospitality guests,  as they are still announcing the first and second prize winning ticket numbers at half time! 

No tickets for the riff raff! :lol:

It was the same for me and others in the north stand that usually buy them I went round to the main door and asked if there were any for sale and was told they were selling them in the sports bar so I did not bother.  I hate to say it but when you go to Dingwall you have to walk round the tables with the sellers there and they push the sales which is why they can afford a bigger prize as well.  Our club just can't get the basic things right even at the Clach friendly game recently they had them for sale as soon as you entered the ground.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, IBM said:

It was the same for me and others in the north stand that usually buy them I went round to the main door and asked if there were any for sale and was told they were selling them in the sports bar so I did not bother.  I hate to say it but when you go to Dingwall you have to walk round the tables with the sellers there and they push the sales which is why they can afford a bigger prize as well.  Our club just can't get the basic things right even at the Clach friendly game recently they had them for sale as soon as you entered the ground.

I agree. If you start by taking care of the small things first it's a step in the right direction. At the away friendlies at Forres and Elgin the raffle tickets are on sale as soon as you are through the turnstiles,  just as they used to be at Kingsmills and Telford Street , so why can't they have the programmes and raffle tickets for sale inside after you come through the turnstiles? 

3 hours ago, Potandbrush said:

Bring back John Cummings (Older posters will remember him) near impossible to get past him without buying.

Ah there's a name from the past now. Did a power of work but he was part of the McGill regime so he can't be any use.?

6 hours ago, Potandbrush said:

Bring back John Cummings (Older posters will remember him) near impossible to get past him without buying.

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Ah there's a name from the past now. Did a power of work but he was part of the McGill regime so he can't be any use.?

Yup, definitely a blast from the past and for sure someone you could not get past with wallet intact .... funnily enough on my trip back in May I was driving behind a John Cummings van at the muirtown roundabout and thought back to when I used to interact with him both at ICT and also in a trade sense as he used to fit kitchens for our firm. End of the day, we should be welcoming anyone who has the best interests of the club at heart or who can maximise our earnings, regardless of which 'regime' they came from. 

• Agree 2

There seems to be an awful lot of folk within the walls of the TCS who appear to have lost interest (and lost jobs). I always bought a couple of 50/50 tickets and a proggy. The programme fell out of favour with me a while back but I'd have 50/50 tickets instead. Never won owt mind. Closest I ever came to winning a prize was a game in Ayr (no..not that one) when I was just ONE number away. Anyway...even if the development squad lads sold the tickets I'm sure there must be others available for a few hours on match day. Have to club asked the question I wonder?

More lost revenue perhaps at belladrum where the dwellers from over the bridge had a decent sized stall open all 3 days. 

Although in all fairness I never saw anyone actually visiting it but am sure they must of made some money 

• Like 1

It pains me to say it, but our club is extraordinarily amateurish when it come to these things.  Programmes were on sale on Saturday but the poor folk who sell them are given a bag of programmes and a handful of change and left to stand in some random spot regardless of the weather.  You can walk straight past them with realising they are actually selling programmes.  Why does the club not do what others do and have a clearly marked covered stall for programmes?  This would make it clearer where to get your programmes, it would keep the folk selling them dry and protected from the biting winds, it would make it far easier for them to handle both the programmes and the money, and the stall could have scarves and hats for sale .  And why not have someone just inside selling them as well.  Same goes for 50/50 tickets.  They could be on the stall too and certainly as you go through the turnstiles.  I would happily buy a 50/50 ticket but I never see anyone selling them.  Anybody who has ever helped out in a fundraising event in the local community hall or school could organise the sale of these things better.

As for the tannoy system,  I can be walking to the ground 400 yards away or more and hear the team  line-ups as clear as a bell , but when I am in my seat in the North Stand I can' barely make out a single word.  it is no doubt an effect caused by the distance from different speakers which create that distortion, but most modern PA systems get round that problem these days.

• Agree 2

There seems to be a massive black cloud hanging over the place at the moment and nobody in management seems to give a f***k.  Is it any wonder we could barely manage 2000  supporters for our opening day fixture. The club have been taking the supporters for granted for to long now and many have voted with their feet. As posted, by many on here there is a whole host of basic things that could be done (with minimal outlay) but always seem to be to much trouble. 

Time for the management to come out of the boardroom on match days and see things from our perspective.  

• Agree 2

Well, the club seems to have unearthed a bustling manager with a will and a desire for forward thinking. His position is a difficult one and he needs time to  establish himself and turn around the engine of the club which is faltering badly right now.

But unless this club gets wise about interactions with the public, how to sell stuff and respond to all legitimate enquiries relating to things that may be of great benefit to the club, either right now or in the future, then it could just fade away into lower-level obscurity. And that, IMHO, currently is a real and present danger So where is the spark?  

A plan of action based on dynamic forward thinking and planning is a must for ICT at this time. Sad as it may be, I see the signs of decay rearing an ugly head and a huge lack of enthusiasm and determination to succeed. pervades the scene. And if I am wrong then that's because the news coming out of the Boardroom is, apparently, non existent and fans (i.e. the lifeblood of the club) are not being catered to by being advised as to what the future plans for the club are.

Right now, based upon what seems to be common knowledge, I get a feeling that professional help and instruction on all levels is vitally necessary for this Board to fully understand selling their business product. When you are involved in, or take-over, a run-down business you have to take yourself by the scruff of the neck, work very hard, produce top quality work and be very selective in the type of person (and the quality of their work) that you hire. Not to mention that checking on the work of new hires must be assiduously implemented and carried out  over a more lengthy period of time than you had at first imagined. Otherwise, you are climbing a mountain even before you  can start to plan well in advance because there is urgency involved. Running a tight ship and seeing clearly what you must do to set the ship on a very positive course with continually improving standards of performance is vital. 

And one of the most important aspects of a business is ADVERTISING and the repetitive promotion of what you have to offer. i.e. So experienced professional advice must be sought out and implemented and /or checks made on what the successful competition is doing as well.

17 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

More lost revenue perhaps at belladrum where the dwellers from over the bridge had a decent sized stall open all 3 days. 

Although in all fairness I never saw anyone actually visiting it but am sure they must of made some money 

Was there the whole time and never even noticed it.

On 07/08/2017 at 8:14 AM, Gringo said:

There seems to be an awful lot of folk within the walls of the TCS who appear to have lost interest (and lost jobs). I always bought a couple of 50/50 tickets and a proggy. The programme fell out of favour with me a while back but I'd have 50/50 tickets instead. Never won owt mind. Closest I ever came to winning a prize was a game in Ayr (no..not that one) when I was just ONE number away. Anyway...even if the development squad lads sold the tickets I'm sure there must be others available for a few hours on match day. Have to club asked the question I wonder?

this is all basic but we always seem to ignore what is important to the FANS and what can be done to attract more. we have appointed a new COO (fancy title) but I fear he doesn't have either the experience or knowledge to achieve what is needed.  the long and short of it is that we are a cheapsgate club and will continue to be so under this regime.

• Agree 2

At least we have the opportunity to sponsor players like Cole, McNaughton, Brown and Doumbouya...  http://ictfc.com/commercial/sponsorship/player-sponsorship

Clever move having these sponsorship opportunities available on players that have left the club. Add those potential sales to the unknown sponsorship availability of the current squad and we'll be loaded. 

4 hours ago, highlandexile said:

Regarding player sponsorhip, the people who have sponsored current players do not appear as sponsors on the website when you look at the player stats.  Even the basics sems to be impossible to do just now!

That is a program and set of pages that was looked after by Don and on occasions by myself (the stats and league tables stuff) where we also added sponsor info etc . I will continue to add the match details and stats as well as the league tables but no information or photos for this year have been forthcoming from the club for me to update the actual player pages for them. As I said before, Peter has had the website duties added on top of all his other stuff and I sympathise as there simply are not enough hours in the day .. but there is simply no appetite for anyone else to do it it would appear ....