Scotty

How depressing, despite only 2 league games in. 

I'm coming round even more to the view that the whole set up is a conspiracy by the Board to take us back into the lower leagues because there isn't any money to sustain us at a higher level?  It all seems to have started by telling Hughes there was no significant funds to kick on from our Cup win and 3rd spot in the Premier League. The way must be paved for Savage and/or McGillivray to return to the fold or we face oblivion.   

Edited by Row S
  • Agree 3

I'm sure we will see the typical posts that it's the boards fault,  robbo is a god like genius, the players need to gel or will get better with experience. Sadly right now we are awful, no idea how much cost cutting and savings have been made since last year but I hope it's worth it because we don't look like an immediate return therefore further cuts are inevitable next season and even if we do survive part time football can't be far away.

What is there to say thats not been said already?? Right time to put Quality over money Raven sitting most of game on bench yet Chalmers stays on is madness explain that Mr Roberston? Ridgers has had enough time to tell me he is a donkey time to put OFW back between the sticks i actually think he would do well in Championship. Baird on for 90 minutes?? WTF that all about i seriously dont think he will score a goal all season. Im actually feeling sorry for Vigurs tonight having to captain that shambles. Off out on the Toon the night if i see any of that lot out drinking they will get full barrels!

Edited by Polo Chick
  • Agree 1

We were absolutely abysmal. We have signed a parade of useless jobbers and bit-part players. Our defence was terrible, you can't really explain just how bad they were. Dunfermline could just hit a ball long and they had a chance to score, so poorly organised and hesitant. They couldn't use the ball at all, so many loose passes, straight to the opposition. We passed the ball more times to Wederburn in that game than we did when he played for us!

Vigurs did OK but the rest of the midfield were static and anonymous. People have said we should play Polworth centrally but he did nothing other than get booked. If he wasn't an Invernessian people would be baying for his blood. Mulreany drew some fouls with his pace but that's he did, his delivery was useless. Up front, Baird and Oakley looked on completely different wavelengths at times but Baird worked hard and Oakley had some decent touches.

Make no mistake about it though - we are relegation candidates in is league. What two teams are going to finish above? 

Today's XI

Ridgers - An utter bombscare. Didn't deal with a pass back for the first goal.

Seedorf - Got roasted by Cardle, an absolute hosing. 

Elsdon - Immobile, lumbering, terrible touch and awful distribution. Hesitant in actual defending as well.

Mckay - Again, used the ball terribly, nervy and hesitant in defending.

Chalmers - Stood off for several of the goals, hit aimless balls to no-one in possession. 

Mulreany - Drew a couple of fouls, including for the goal and created moments of danger but he had no end product.

Vigurs - Used the ball well and was probably our best player.

Polworth - Played centrally and was utterly anonymous, aside from getting booked.

Calder - Another practical no-show. Had zero impact. 

Baird - Worked hard but looked in a different wavelength to his partner and missed chances.

Oakley - Again worked hard and had a could of decent touches but did nothing.

Robertson - Very poor. We played 4-4-2 but with two wide men and Vigurs and Polworth flat in the middle. That meant we couldn't really control the midfield and were pushed out by Nat Wedderburn.  We didn't seem to make any runs into space and were really, really static when attacking, no-one dropped off and tried to get any 2-on-1s or overlaps. This meant we had to hit long balls which didn't work and gave possession back to Dunfermline, who could then punish us by attacking our terrible defence.

Edited by ictchris
  • Agree 1

I have said it before and I will say it again, no football knowledge in the current board, they can't even get the basics around the club right and I agree wholeheartedly with what Charlie Christie and Barry Wilson had to say previously, it needs root and branch change at the club at the top end and investment, the Kevin Fraser at buckie situation was a total embarrassment for a club that won Scottish cup and played in Europe and finished high up the league only 2 YEARS AGO.

This season already looks like if we make play off that's a bonus.

UNBELIEVABLE

Does anyone feel sorry for John Robertson? Is he playing people to just try to find out if they have a spark of quality and with what combinations  we have the slightest chance of anything working? If so, we can't blame him for that but it does sound as if he's being put out in left field by the Board to either sink or swim. Like he's a miracle worker or summat?

I'm very reluctant to single out and name individual  players but, for example,  why would Mr. R. play Susan if  he has proved to be so poor as some of you have consistently said on here that he has been in the past few weeks? To give him experience? For what? More defeats?

Well, it does seem as if my theory of building a very strong defense as a  first step is not a priority. It appears to be  leaking like a sieve, whilst the scores get bigger and bigger. Should I change my name to Nervous Nellie Pimple because now I'm holding onto the panic button for dear life to make sure it doesn't escape my grasp?

12 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

You mean wealthy individuals making charitable donations to shore up and subsidise a company which, for a  variety of reasons, is unable to generate enough income to produce the results some of its supporters expect?

How many charitable donations did the club receive over the last fifteen years, thirteen of which were played in the top flight and the other two saw us win the division that we are now playing in?

• Agree 1

I think we need to lower our expectations, we are likely to be in the bottom rather than the top half of this league, JR needs time to bed in what is almost a new team, find a system that suits it and coach some of the bad habits out of players. I don't think the playing squad of any other side in this division has undergone the disruption that we have. I don't expect an instant return to the SPL we need to rebuild so that we have a team which can stay in the SPL and I doubt the current squad are capable of either. 

• Agree 3

Abysmal today. Leaving Raven out of the starting XI and leaving Fon Williams out of the squad is inexcusable. Seems like a penny pinching exercise to me. If Robertson has any sense he'll walk away from this situation. Terrible. 

• Agree 2

I reckon after a while it would have clicked for Foran. No one will ever come close to his love for the region and the club. We seem to be worse off without him. Bring OFW and Raven back into the team (despite what I've said about Raven in the past, he's clearly the better option here) as the longer you keep them out, the more their want to play for the club diminishes. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

An utterly disgraceful performance. Quite possibly one of the worst I've seen in the last few years of watching Inverness. Hard to disagree with anything Chris has posted. Just an utter shambles all over the pitch. 

35 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Today's XI

Ridgers - An utter bombscare. Didn't deal with a pass back for the first goal.

Seedorf - Got roasted by Cardle, an absolute hosing. 

Elsdon - Immobile, lumbering, terrible touch and awful distribution. Hesitant in actual defending as well.

Mckay - Again, used the ball terribly, nervy and hesitant in defending.

Chalmers - Stood off for several of the goals, hit aimless balls to no-one in possession. 

Mulreany - Drew a couple of fouls, including for the goal and created moments of danger but he had no end product.

Vigurs - Used the ball well and was probably our best player.

Polworth - Played centrally and was utterly anonymous, aside from getting booked.

Calder - Another practical no-show. Had zero impact. 

Baird - Worked hard but looked in a different wavelength to his partner and missed chances.

Oakley - Again worked hard and had a could of decent touches but did nothing.

Robertson - Very poor. We played 4-4-2 but with two wide men and Vigurs and Polworth flat in the middle. That meant we couldn't really control the midfield and were pushed out by Nat Wedderburn.  We didn't seem to make any runs into space and were really, really static when attacking, no-one dropped off and tried to get any 2-on-1s or overlaps. This meant we had to hit long balls which didn't work and gave possession back to Dunfermline, who could then punish us by attacking our terrible defence.

Can't really disagree with your summary apart from Mulreany who seemed to be in one of his "I'm not in the mood" performances. If he he moaned less and applied himself consistently he would be an automatic pick. The defence was shambolic and easily brushed off the ball. We needed a strong defensive midfielder to help break up the Dunfermline attacks but that's another story. Wedderburn did that job well for Dunfermline.

I believe that every team needs a strong spine with a solid keeper, centre back, midfielder and striker. What have we got? A spineless team.

it's going to be a very long season.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic