Scotty

If really fear for our club   the board do not listen to the fans. Think it's time to let Alan and Dougie takeover. It's just not working as it stands. The stadium will be deserted if things carry on this way. From going from the premier to getting beat 5.  1 in championship is totally embarrassing Charlie and Barry got it right we are in dire straits

JR did not apply for the Manager's job. He was asked to apply for it, just as Ross Draper had to apply for a transfer. Now I always liked Robbo in his previous career with us, and I mean no disrespect to him, but he was obviously approached as being the cheapest option. Living in Ardersier he has no re-location costs which other outsiders would have" JR has been out of management for too long now, and if he had wanted the job he would have applied for it when Foran was sacked.  I really think the board members should consider their own position now, and I would ask them to resign forthwith. Today against Dunfermline we were humiliated. How long must we suffer this?

I missed the United game but was heartened by the comments of those there.

Today is the complete opposite, as it seems only Vigurs justifies any points in the MOM poll.

I thought we had a gem when I saw Seedorf against Brechin, and that he and Mulraney would be a great combination. Not so sure on today's comments.

Similarly, playing Calder further forward seemed a good move, but not today if seems.

At best, we may be in for inconsistency given the age of many players. At worse, I dread to think.

Most disappointing feedback was about Polworth. I really hope he makes central midfield his own!

And the irony of Draper and Tansey lining up against each other this afternoon cannot be lost on us.

4 minutes ago, finmack said:

JR did not apply for the Manager's job. He was asked to apply for it, just as Ross Draper had to apply for a transfer. Now I always liked Robbo in his previous career with us, and I mean no disrespect to him, but he was obviously approached as being the cheapest option. Living in Ardersier he has no re-location costs which other outsiders would have" JR has been out of management for too long now, and if he had wanted the job he would have applied for it when Foran was sacked.  I really think the board members should consider their own position now, and I would ask them to resign forthwith. Today against Dunfermline we were humiliated. How long must we suffer this?

I keep reading about demanding the current board resign. What is the plan then? Unless there is a credible replacement ready then how does this improve things?

Don't get me wrong. There is little so far from the board which gives confidence about their ability to progress a strategy to move forward, however unless a better and clear Plan B exists it is simply a fact that we will have to give time for the current board to progress forwards and the reality is that the current team is not capable of challenging for the title this year (and unless new investment comes in this may sadly be the case for some time to come).

It is easy to demand new investment but this needs a willing investor. Otherwise a bottom up rebuilding needs to be implemented and this will take time.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

You mean wealthy individuals making charitable donations to shore up and subsidise a company which, for a  variety of reasons, is unable to generate enough income to produce the results some of its supporters expect?

Rich and powerful people don't treat football clubs as charities, but as vanity projects and marketing exercises. Surely Roy MacGregor isn't the ONLY man in the Highlands with a wallet and ego big enough to want to call the shots at a Senior football club.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 2

Too late for the board to resign now, the time for that was 8 months ago when it was obvious we were headed for relegation and they were doing nothing about it. They've got us into the mess we're currently in and they must stick around and get us out of it. Sadly though, I have absolutely no reason to believe they're capable of doing so. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, RiG said:

An utterly disgraceful performance. Quite possibly one of the worst I've seen in the last few years of watching Inverness. Hard to disagree with anything Chris has posted. Just an utter shambles all over the pitch. 

Agree. My last game was the semi final v celtic. We're an abysmal mess now. Keeper is a disgrace. Back line a joke. Midfield missing and a clueless attack.

I guess the downsizing rumours are true...we're preparing for a life in the lower leagues to match the home revenues 

There is no chance this group of strangers are going back up. 

59 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Mulreany is an attacking player yet in nearly 40 appearances for us he hasn't scored or had an assist. He has pace but needs to use it to create chances, he doesn't do that at the moment.

It sounds like Seedorf is a much better attacker than defender. In that case, surely we'd be best playing Raven at right back and Seedorf on the right wing? Win - win.

Statistically Mulraney must be the worst attacking player in British football. He has pace to burn, but (winning free kicks apart) literally zero end product. Perhaps he would benefit from a loan deal at Elgin? Might give him the experience and kick up the @rse he needs to avoid becoming just another Philip Roberts style underachiever falling down the leagues to part time mediocrity.

Having seen most of our new players over the last few games, I just wonder what JR saw in them. Were they scouted, recommended or did they pull out all the stops in a trial match? At the present moment you can really see why they didn't make it at their other clubs. I fear for us this season, but really hope that JR can shape this bunch into some sort of passable team.

7 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Having seen most of our new players over the last few games, I just wonder what JR saw in them. Were they scouted, recommended or did they pull out all the stops in a trial match? At the present moment you can really see why they didn't make it at their other clubs. I fear for us this season, but really hope that JR can shape this bunch into some sort of passable team.

Almost all of our signings have come from the same 2 agencies.  It's something that bothers me greatly as to why we're signing so many players on the day so of people who have a vested interest. Its a bit of a shady business to be honest.

1 minute ago, Hiro said:

Almost all of our signings have come from the same 2 agencies.  It's something that bothers me greatly as to why we're signing so many players on the day so of people who have a vested interest. Its a bit of a shady business to be honest.

That does sound a bit iffy. I just can't remember so many mediocre players coming into the club all at the same time before. OK,  there have been one or two suspect signings over the years, but the quality that we had in the squad at the time meant they could be absorbed into the team without standing out like a sore thumb, but now there is no hiding place. 

Possibly the most disgraceful result I can recall. Wasn't at game so can't slate individual performances but we recruited a number of players who are simply not good enough. I was at Stirling league cup game and picked out two or three player who are simply never going to cut the mustard. Recruitment policy is an absolute shambles. Wouldn't be surprised if a few more established players bailed before transfer deadline day. Shameful.

3 hours ago, ictchris said:

Today's XI

Ridgers - An utter bombscare. Didn't deal with a pass back for the first goal.

Seedorf - Got roasted by Cardle, an absolute hosing. 

Elsdon - Immobile, lumbering, terrible touch and awful distribution. Hesitant in actual defending as well.

Mckay - Again, used the ball terribly, nervy and hesitant in defending.

Chalmers - Stood off for several of the goals, hit aimless balls to no-one in possession. 

Mulreany - Drew a couple of fouls, including for the goal and created moments of danger but he had no end product.

Vigurs - Used the ball well and was probably our best player.

Polworth - Played centrally and was utterly anonymous, aside from getting booked.

Calder - Another practical no-show. Had zero impact. 

Baird - Worked hard but looked in a different wavelength to his partner and missed chances.

Oakley - Again worked hard and had a could of decent touches but did nothing.

Robertson - Very poor. We played 4-4-2 but with two wide men and Vigurs and Polworth flat in the middle. That meant we couldn't really control the midfield and were pushed out by Nat Wedderburn.  We didn't seem to make any runs into space and were really, really static when attacking, no-one dropped off and tried to get any 2-on-1s or overlaps. This meant we had to hit long balls which didn't work and gave possession back to Dunfermline, who could then punish us by attacking our terrible defence.

7 minutes ago, Caley Skye said:

for those who were at the game, which players were particularly culpable?  From what I can gather, Vigurs had another good game and Susan looked sharp in has 20 min cameo

See above post from ICTChris which sums things up really well.

• Agree 1

Just in the door  seems like it's been a really long day I guess the result doesn't help. We looked totally disjointed and absolutely devoid of ideas. If it doesn't improve quickly we could be left struggling near the bottom I don't imagine any team being easy to beat. Vigurs was without doubt our best player and Raven did ok when he came on. Baird certainly worked hard with very little coming off as for Ridgers he will cost us goals this season I honestly can't think of anything good to say about the others either maybe after a nights sleep I might 

pi$$ed off it's not cheap going away with bus, match tickets food drink etc 

29 minutes ago, Caley Skye said:

Susan looked sharp in has 20 min cameo

Not sure where you picked this up from, but it wasn't the case. He looked off the pace and his first touch was dreadful. No worse than most of the rest of the team though.

For me, Baird was probably the best of a truly appalling bunch. He won't score many, and he needs to build up a better understanding with Oakley, but he worked very hard and actually tried to play with his head up and link play, which was more than almost everyone else did. I say 'almost' because Vigurs did try to do this too, and neither was helped by the apparent reluctance of so many of our players to actually make meaningful off-the-ball runs. The frustrating thing about Vigurs again today - and he's always done it, so I don't think he's ever going to be able to change it - is that he has a tendency to stand and wait for a ball that he should be favourite for rather than going and making it his; there were a couple of occasions today where balls to him were stolen off him by more combative and committed-looking Dunfermline players. We're never going to be able to retain possession long enough to control midfield unless we can pair Vigurs with someone who will make up for this shortcoming of his.

Another point worth making is how obvious it was that the back four have no confidence in Mark Ridgers: Ridgers was the most at fault for the opening goal, although Mckay and Seedorf were also culpable, iirc, but when you have already-shaky defenders subsequently trying to clear their lines by flicking the ball back over their own shoulders rather than play it back to the keeper even though there are no attackers within 20 yards of him, then you have to address that as a matter of urgency in training, and perhaps consider your selections.       

Edited by alternative maryhill

I feel sorry for some of you going into work on Monday. I went from the game straight to a family party and at least 15 times people came up to me and mentioned the result, and I live south of Edinburgh.

Most of these signings, without naming names, are unfit to wear the ICT shirt. Vigurs was decent but his head went down at 4-1 and I wasn't sure whether Robbo subbed him for this or whether he took a knock. We gave away a gift goal right from the start and it never got any better.

Mostly long ball all day - Dunfermline are decent but probably no better than playoff contenders, yet they swatted us aside without any bother while playing some decent passing football on the deck. One of the most embarrassing days ever as an ICT supporter.

48 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Another point worth making is how obvious it was that the back four have no confidence in Mark Ridgers: Ridgers was the most at fault for the opening goal, although Mckay and Seedorf were also culpable, iirc, but when you have already-shaky defenders subsequently trying to clear their lines by flicking the ball back over their own shoulders rather than play it back to the keeper even though there are no attackers within 20 yards of him, then you have to address that as a matter of urgency in training, and perhaps consider your selections.       

At the 3rd goal, Chalmers actually won the ball about 30 yards out, but then failed to gather it, one of the most bizarre errors by a defender I have ever seen.

Well how to sum up what i witnessed today

Ridgers Is bloody awful and proved it again today

Defence was shocking no leaders seedorf was not match fit so a stupid call to put him in from start but they were all bossed and bullied about by dunfermline 

Midfield was interesting. Mulraney was awful no end product nothing. Vigurs was only player that actually showed he gave anything polworth doesn't belong in cm or anywhere else in my opinion. Calder was average nothing special but wasn't confident enough. 

Attack was awful. Baird is useless and won't get us anywhere. Oakley looks motivated at least and lacks a few small details him and baird need to be on same wavelength to make anything out of it. Susan is horrendous awful player won't help our cause can't control a ball at all.

Overall wrong team selection really killed us sadly. However it isn't entirely the teams fault the board are responsible and we are in real trouble doing things so cheap doesn't work and we are gonna struggle. Absolutely disgusting how far we have fallen. My first away game for a while and it's made me question how many more will i go to this year and also a note about the travelling support who i thought were excellent apart from the young singing section who were absolutely horrendous the whole game way they talked to the stewards was appalling. I wonder if the board will refund anyone who went as the boys didn't put a performance on and we got humiliated doubt it though knowing our club

Blimey this sounds like a terrible result, coupled with my other team losing 0-3 at home to a promoted side and my football weeked is as bad as it gets. Strange how last week we seemed to do pretty well but lost, and also had a couple of decent results in the league cup, but seem to have completely gone to pieces today. It's amazing that the summer before last we couldn't offer a good enough deal to keep Miles Storey (which seemed to be the last straw for Hughes, and yet Storey spends most of the time on the Dons bench) and at the end of last season we were too slow to sign up Alex Fisher...that's two strikers that look like strikers but penny pinching could cost us dear. I wonder if losing Ross Draper during the week also knocked a bit of stuffing out of the team.

I presume Warren is injured, because I sort of cling to the idea that Raven, Warren (and eventually Tremarco) would be enough as a backline with Seedorf and Mckay to give us some solidity. However losing Tansey and Draper probably leaves us with a midfield that isn't combative enough.

I go back to my comments over a year ago about those glad to see the back of Highes because of the 'tikka takka' style of play and endless possession at the back, and the fact they might rue his departure over the coming year. Unfortunately not only have we lost someone who was able to make us punch above our weight, but the board seems reluctant to invest enough in the playng squad to give us a fighting chance of even staying at this level...for all the comments about ego trips, I don't see much cache in being in control of a team spiralling down the leagues. Given that today we could even put out a full bench of substitutes and this being the start of the season, the board is going to have to dig a bit deeper or we are in for a very long winter

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic