Scotty

But at Tulloch it does appear as if the pot of gold has run out.Along with  the morale which may well be heading South as we breathe.

I sincerely trust that our new manager is made of really  sturdy stuff because if he quits we are well and truly scuppered. And personally I am just plain demoralised and scared. As soon as I'm off the site I am going to go and get a wee dram which is sitting in the kitchen patiently waiting for me.:ohmy:

I was expecting to see an interview on here of Robbo's after match thoughts. He's either hiding on Inchgarvie or is it that our media team are in hiding? :tongueincheek:

7 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

But at Tulloch it does appear as if the pot of gold has run out.

It very much looks like that. The fact that the Draper fee is not being made available to buy players speaks volumes.

Possibly over-extended the finances after the Cup and league success, maybe paying high wages and anticipating an upturn in income which never happened. Not to mention paying off one, maybe two managers, and so on.

However, if it were true, the board wouldn't say it in public, because that could reduce the likelihood of future investment in the club, and of new players coming to the club. Would unsettle the current players, and could encourage other clubs to start sniffing around.

• Like 1

In reply to Gringo's post, the much criticised media consist at the moment of only one man who for years has tirelessly improved what is delivered at ICT using mostly all his own camera gear etc, to a standard which most SPFL  clubs still do not come near which let me tell you is not cheap. He is for me who is above criticisim, he edits, streams matches, transformed a toilet at ICT into a media room and gets paid, em nowt! So I would suggest he is not hiding. Please take a bow AJ

• Agree 5

I'd be happy with a solid mid-table finish this season, with a relatively settled team to build on for next year. This has been a huge team turnover - new players, new manager, less money. We were unlikely to replace like with like. If John Robertson can settle the team down, get them playing together and keep us up comfortably, I'll take that as an acceptable season - not what I'd like, of course, but better than things look now. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, VictorCameron said:

In reply to Gringo's post, the much criticised media consist at the moment of only one man who for years has tirelessly improved what is delivered at ICT using mostly all his own camera gear etc, to a standard which most SPFL  clubs still do not come near which let me tell you is not cheap. He is for me who is above criticisim, he edits, streams matches, transformed a toilet at ICT into a media room and gets paid, em nowt! So I would suggest he is not hiding. Please take a bow AJ

I am fully aware of how the media team work by the way :wink: It was said tongue in check hence the emoji doodah :wink::wink:. However, it would have been nice to hear what Robbo had to say. I guess we'll never know.  :crazy:

That back 5 need some serious work.

Seedorf had a dreadful start and took a while to adjust the pace. When he had adjusted Cardle ripped him some more.

Mckay, the worst for me, being the longest server defender out the back 5 (which is a huge problem for any team) should have been the commanding, dominant leader. He was pathetic, poor on the ball, hesitant, the 4th goal it literally was like he was trying to avoid the attacker, even though he was running at our goal.

Elsdon. Slow, cumbersome, cant pass, hesitant aswell.

Chalmers. Not a football player

Ridgers. Has no confidence.

If a centre half is not our priority we are in serious trouble. Immediately reinstate Raven and OFW. Seedorf is worth another go but needs to up his game. Bring Calder back into defence (he was anonymous going forward anyway. If no new signings before Morton game I would go with this, which is the best of a bad bunch.

OFW

Seedorf Raven(c) Elsdon  Chalmers

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

I am fully aware of how the media team work by the way :wink: It was said tongue in check hence the emoji doodah :wink::wink:. However, it would have been nice to hear what Robbo had to say. I guess we'll never know.  :crazy:

Recorded something post match with the manager, you should get it on the website early in the week. Audio only. 

• Agree 1

Robbo has posted on this site in the past and I am sure still visits it. There would always be constraints on what and how much he could say but a weekly one hour question and answer session on here alternating on a weekly basis between the manager and a designated board member would cost nothing in terms of resources, go towards clearing up misunderstanding and ambiguity and generate much needed rapport and goodwill between club and fans.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 6

I realise it's early days but Robertson sounds like he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. After the early season results he slated the team and now says that the players think they are bigger, better than they are. He signed seven of the players on the pitch yesterday. His tactics are dated and completely ineffective.

Last season we stuck with a poor manager until the bitter end, are we going to make the same mistake again?

2 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Brad McKay shouldn't have been allowed back on the bus after that performance.

The defence and goal keeper should have been made to walk back up the A9 after that performance yesterday.

Looking at the "highlights" above, Ridgers actually made one or two decent saves ... we could have suffered an even heavier defeat. The Pars were like a hot knife through our butter defence. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, cif73 said:

Looking at the "highlights" above, Ridgers actually made one or two decent saves ... we could have suffered an even heavier defeat. The Pars were like a hot knife through our butter defence. 

Don't see how he could be faulted for any of the goals. The first was a 50:50 call as to 'sweep' or stay.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic