Thinking out loud . . .

JockWatt

Where is Bill Gates when we need him?  NOW!  For Pete's sake, don't start blaming the coach - even though we poke fun at the gadgies up the road, who is in the SPL and we're not!  The Dingwall area has even less of a population than we have, but they are clearly doing better than we are.

This is a BUSINESS we are involved with - MONEY is what it is all about - and we havna got enough to have the quality players to gain us a proper and PERMANENT place in the top tier!

I'm sure the players we do have are doing their best, it's not their fault they can't do any better - maybe the Clach could do better?!  It's ALL to do with money and there are not enough millionaires in the Highlands to do the necessary!

• Agree 2

The people from the Dark Side are poking fun at us Jock !! And all of a sudden we have become a feeder club :sad:

But once again we have a transfer fee revenue and undoubtedly released the players on the highest wages. Where has that spondoolachs gone or are we going to spend some ?

Jock - for many it is more about the ineptidude and amateurism of our Board. It is bad enuff being a laffing stock on the pitch. It is truly, truly embarrassing.

• Agree 4

Looking for a sugar daddy (or mummy) is not the answer although it might help short term.  Very few of these people have bottomless pockets. And even RCFC came unstuck for a while when their benefactor stopped pumping in money a few years back. We seem to be lacking a long term strategy and plan to develop and market our club and instead focus on short term management to pay the football wages. 

I know football success is bottom line and the purpose of the business is to feed the football club but coaches and players will come and go and the club needs to look at things which will align them with fans and the local community for the long term. I think there is a lot of good will out there and the club would do better spending another player wage on a person equipped to take that sort of development of the business forward.

I must admit I was surprised by the number of mercs etc parked up at the club before season started and couldn't help feeling that for a relegated club pleading poverty and making cuts we we're overpaying on the playing side. But then again I generally don't think footballers are worth the inflated wages going around these days.

Perhaps both players and us fans need to realise that we are a first division (I mean championship) club based on our current fanbase and focus on grafting and surviving in this division rather than thinking we are a still premier league club who's had a blip.

• Agree 1

Oh you are awful, Jock, .......... But I like you!

"What he said" is about all I can muster between taking deep breaths of smelling salts.

Out of hibernation then are you?  Or has your wife just finally given you permission to start posting again?

Sigh! What would the club do without the old stagers to fall back on , eh?:laugh:

PERMISSION to start posting again !  I don't need permission from anybody to do anything !  Especially on here ! But I'll forgive you for saying that !  You'd laugh your head off if you could see me typing this - as slow as a wet week !!!  You're correct about the "old stagers", mate !  S-o-o-o-o - what's your thoughts re my post ???  Your erudite comments are always looked forward to !

From sunny Queensland where it is 31 degrees today - it's the Global Warming you know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling that you are talking to me, Jock, but since I don't detect sarcasm I am not quite sure.:lol: Just kidding, oldest poster on here .Ummmmmm? Are you tipsy perchance? I never ask permission to sit down on the ICT site but invariably I'm reminded by Mrs. Pimple that ...."blah, blah , this is the last time I am going to tell you that your meal is on the kitchen table"--  Dire warning  since her cooking is very good  and so that's the signal to shout.."Aye, aye, captain, coming pronto."

Frank Kelly speaking, I was so surprised to see your wizened handwriting coming out of the blue that I kinda overlooked the content of yer message. But  old Scarlet , being a lurker, see-all-hear-all-say-nothing kind of spy, misses little and was pleased to learn that the wizened fingers still work in the Australian sun. What on earth are you doing over there? Visiting relatives I'll be bound?

Jock, what's the news about the dying Great Barrier Coral reef? Can it be resuscitated I wonder? It's like all of us old timers, once you start to deteriorate it's an uphill battle to regenerate the life-form. That's a harbinger of death of the planet and no mistake The Americans are  making great efforts to send probes into outer space because they can see that we are slowly but surely destroying the planet and we will need to have our escape planned precisely or it's curtains all round.. Yet the Donald seems hell-bound and determined to ignore global warming and  bring us all down within a few years. 

Keep into touch, Jock and keep out of the midday sun ....eh?:wave: