Front page of ICTFC website

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I think we need to accept that anything to do with the website and social media is not a priority for the club at the moment.

Totally agree. Communicating with and keeping fans up to date has zero importance to ICTFC, at present. 

Maybe we will be able to tell 'them' this at the promised pre-season 'Open Day'. 

Oh silly me, that 'promise' has been broken as it's not important to communicate with fans.  :redcard:

Edited by Guest

I would have thought the website and communications in general was of crucial importance at the moment.  This is not an "either or situation".  Doing some work on the communication side of things does not mean that work has to stop on work around managing the finances and addressing shortcomings at the playing end of things.  All these aspects are essential parts of the business and should be complimentary.

Let us suppose you are a young player down South looking for a move to get some first team experience and your agent tells you ICT are interested in signing you.  What do you do?  You look up the club's website, social media outlets and probably the fans forum as well to find out a bit more about the club.  As things stand, unless you were desperate, you would probably tell your agent you weren't interested.  In order to attract the quality of players we need, the club must project an image of an efficient, progressive club with a positive sense of purpose and with a supportive fan base.   As it is, the website and social media outlets give an image of a club in crisis.  For instance, in the "News" section there is a choice if "Club" news or "Team" news.  The latest "Team" news concerns the visit of the Krankies to the stadium in early July.  News of new additions to the team are listed under "Club" news.  And even then, the extent of any information about any of the new lads is just the absolute minimum.  If the club announces it's new players to be world in such an amateur way, it is not going to make the club attractive to young guys looking to progress their careers.   The lack of attention given by the Board to its social media outlets may well be preventing us from recruiting the very players who could help us turn our fortunes around.

And it is not as though it is difficult to do.  We may need to buy in some professional expertise to improve the website and to provide some training for staff in putting new stuff on (and removing when necessary), but website update would be a one off and not very substantial cost.  A small proportion of Draper's transfer fee.  Once that was done it would just require an hour or two a week at most for trained staff to keep on top of things.  As for the Board members themselves, I appreciate that they may not have the social media skills themselves, but from their professional backgrounds each and everyone of them should know how  important it is for the club to utilise social media effectively. They should all  also be capable of drafting statements or tweets and making decisions in response to any events which happen, e.g telling someone with the IT skills to remove the picture of Ross Draper from the website.

P.S.  Having just had a closer look at the website, I note that the club hasn't even bothered to post any announcement at all about several of our new players.  Welcome to ICT guys!

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Agree 4

22 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I would have thought the website and communications in general was of crucial importance at the moment.  This is not an "either or situation".  Doing some work on the communication side of things does not mean that work has to stop on work around managing the finances and addressing shortcomings at the playing end of things.  All these aspects are essential parts of the business and should be complimentary.

Let us suppose you are a young player down South looking for a move to get some first team experience and your agent tells you ICT are interested in signing you.  What do you do?  You look up the club's website, social media outlets and probably the fans forum as well to find out a bit more about the club.  As things stand, unless you were desperate, you would probably tell your agent you weren't interested.  In order to attract the quality of players we need, the club must project an image of an efficient, progressive club with a positive sense of purpose and with a supportive fan base.   As it is, the website and social media outlets give an image of a club in crisis.  For instance, in the "News" section there is a choice if "Club" news or "Team" news.  The latest "Team" news concerns the visit of the Krankies to the stadium in early July.  News of new additions to the team are listed under "Club" news.  And even then, the extent of any information about any of the new lads is just the absolute minimum.  If the club announces it's new players to be world in such an amateur way, it is not going to make the club attractive to young guys looking to progress their careers.   The lack of attention given by the Board to its social media outlets may well be preventing us from recruiting the very players who could help us turn our fortunes around.

And it is not as though it is difficult to do.  We may need to buy in some professional expertise to improve the website and to provide some training for staff in putting new stuff on (and removing when necessary), but website update would be a one off and not very substantial cost.  A small proportion of Draper's transfer fee.  Once that was done it would just require an hour or two a week at most for trained staff to keep on top of things.  As for the Board members themselves, I appreciate that they may not have the social media skills themselves, but from their professional backgrounds each and everyone of them should know how  important it is for the club to utilise social media effectively. They should all  also be capable of drafting statements or tweets and making decisions in response to any events which happen, e.g telling someone with the IT skills to remove the picture of Ross Draper from the website.

P.S.  Having just had a closer look at the website, I note that the club hasn't even bothered to post any announcement at all about several of our new players.  Welcome to ICT guys!

Bang on mate.

In fairness though, R**s D****r is now off the front page. 

On 8/14/2017 at 6:01 AM, DoofersDad said:

6 hours ago, Caman said:

Bang on mate. In fairness though, R**s D****r is now off the front page. 

I had a chat with Danny over email yesterday and my take from the conversation we had was that although it will not be solved overnight, he is acutely aware of the problems and trying to work through as many as he can as quickly as he can. I am more optimistic now that we will see an increase in the quantity and quality of online posts or articles coming out of the stadium but it will likely ramp back up more slowly than some would like. 

As I have posted previously, the biggest issue is personnel. With a couple of people who were key to the media offerings no longer being around the stadium, Peter has been taking this on as he is the most tech savvy down there right now ... but he has a ton of other duties to do too and this was not front and centre amongst them. There were a few changes made yesterday to the site (like the banner featuring RD) and as far as I know Peter will be training a few other people to use the actual content system. Danny will also be trying to make sure there is someone to look after the other stuff on a more consistent basis. It IS on the radar but give them a little slack until the y get the right bodies in place. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

acutely aware of the problems and trying to work through as many as he can as quickly as he can.

I think this observation more or less epitomises the club's situation as a whole and I also think that the difference is now that, with yesterday's statement, the situation has been acknowledged and largely clarified, and commitments have been made to make best efforts to sort a lot of things. I know there was a false dawn with what Willie Finlayson said at Robbo's unveiling but it does appear that yesterday's offering draws a genuine line in the sand.

This will not, however, be anything like a quick fix - either on the pitch or behind the scenes and it would be unwise to expect one. On the other hand, communication, despite the absolutely desperate state it has been in for some time, is something which can probably be turned round quicker than most aspects.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Any official website has to up to date and accurate. Breaking news such as signings should be announced on site before there's anything near a media tip off. And any necessary changes regarding departures needs to be kept on top of. The process should be a statement and then have the media team remove any necessary material straight away. If anything pictures should be removed before the announcement is published. 

Getting new signing news via digging around secondary journalistic sources shouldn't happen.

• Agree 2