Board statement 14/08/17

Howdenender

29 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Are you referring to the bit about crisis management?!

In all seriousness, yes.  There is a fair amount of stuff there that could be useful, provided he learned it in a management situation and not in actual technical oil production. And provided he can carry those skills over into running a football club.

A new broom sweeps clean - they say. I am reliably informed that the events of the past few months were indeed planned. The club was evidently in a rite shambles - both on and off the pitch. Previous attempts to overthrow the Tulloch regime were easily defended and defeated. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey. So it had to be a gradual ploy. Again we all know that Foran should have been hooked at the end of 2016 but the "old boy" regime stood firm. Then in May a certain Rae and MacKenzie joined the directors. If we had stayed up we would probably have been in a far worse position than we are now. So it was a case of making ends meet. Draper is probably the only one who was - to a degree - pushed. Robertson's appointment was a bit of compromise. A case of give a little get a lot. Finlayson was the temporary diversion to release Cameron.

As for where do the spondoolachs come from - Well Rae was in the last attempted coo in 2012. Graham Rae was in the Caddy (1972 - 1974) - worked in the Oil, Gas and Offshore Industries. Allan MacKenzie was in the Caddy (1970-1976) - Anyone notice a link with another Caddy schoolboy of the same era ??

• Agree 1

' crisis and risk management ",  'understanding of system failures and loss control events in terms of identifying what went wrong and sometimes why it's still going wrong, leading to fit for purpose corrective actions and improvement opportunities to prevent recurrence'

Sounds about right for his new job.

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

A new broom sweeps clean - they say. I am reliably informed that the events of the past few months were indeed planned. The club was evidently in a rite shambles - both on and off the pitch. Previous attempts to overthrow the Tulloch regime were easily defended and defeated. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey. So it had to be a gradual ploy. Again we all know that Foran should have been hooked at the end of 2016 but the "old boy" regime stood firm. Then in May a certain Rae and MacKenzie joined the directors. If we had stayed up we would probably have been in a far worse position than we are now. So it was a case of making ends meet. Draper is probably the only one who was - to a degree - pushed. Robertson's appointment was a bit of compromise. A case of give a little get a lot. Finlayson was the temporary diversion to release Cameron.

As for where do the spondoolachs come from - Well Rae was in the last attempted coo in 2012. Graham Rae was in the Caddy (1972 - 1974) - worked in the Oil, Gas and Offshore Industries. Allan MacKenzie was in the Caddy (1970-1976) - Anyone notice a link with another Caddy schoolboy of the same era ??

I do but what happened to your money or is it all tied up in Smirnoff shares ???:lol:. Incidentally I was also in the Academy from 70-76 so am now trying to figure out if the Allan MacKenzie is the same one I knew. From what I recall, he was a clever chap.

5 hours ago, The Long Man said:

It wasn't the 'old boy regime' who stood firm against hooking Foran, it was one person, who eventually fell on his sword.

Not quite the story I heard, more alongside IHE's version in that board split into two factions, one who wanted Foran out, or at least get some help around turn of the year and the other who wanted him to remain in post. A bit academic now but if these changes mean a more dynamic board, then good news. We have needed a more modern, business focussed board for many years.

22 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

I do but what happened to your money or is it all tied up in Smirnoff shares ???:lol:. Incidentally I was also in the Academy from 70-76 so am now trying to figure out if the Allan MacKenzie is the same one I knew. From what I recall, he was a clever chap.

Huisdean... there was also an Allan MacKenzie at the Academy round about that time who was also a "clever chap" and went on to do Law.... and ended up as the Caley's solicitor in the latter stages of the merger business. This was a different Allan (same spelling though) and his father was head of Chemistry at the High School. At the time of the merger, this Allan worked for Ledingham Chalmers and latterly was hugely influential in getting the merger to work.

Stabilisation of the club = good

Changes at board level and potential new investment = good

However none of this changes right now where we are with the manager and team / recruitment? Based on the above (slightly cryptic) is there not still the same situation where we have a manager 'in bed' with the board, therefore does that mean he is immune from dismissal in the event of failure? We seem to have wanted to get rid of Foran & Shearer, and previously Hughes yet still seem to have the same backroom team and in some ways have some (like Kellagher) who perhaps have been there too long and needs a refresh too - why not let JR bring in his whole team or is that in the pipeline? As for recruitment, while we have slashed costs for playing staff, surely there are few who consider that we are seeing value or quality on what is being brought in - its no better than the last regime with the issue that more than one season out of the Premiership could have significant longer term impact on our club.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, ictchris said:

I have some questions about the statement

- Was the appointment of Finlayson ever supposed to be temporary or short term? I can't recall it being described as such.

- Who made the £500,000 investment mentioned in the statement?

- The statement says that we didn't budget for selling Draper yet Robertson said in the press that he won't receive any of that money for players. What is it being used for?

- I'm pretty sure we had statements promising better communication earlier in the summer and that the communication got worse following that, what specific changes and actions have been taken to improve things?

- How much money was the club paying Tullochs for the stands every month and how do we intend to use that money?

Always was temporary, maybe not in public domain.

500k not disclosed but almost certainly the trio.

Don't know.

Restructure has to start from top, many things can only happen when Tulloch moved away!

£19k a month

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

We paid £228,000 a year to Tulloch?  Goodness me.

Flipping eck!!!!

Im no Alan Sugar, but removing that financial burden is surely lifesaving for ICT and offers us hope of a brighter future. 

Surely????

14 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Not quite the story I heard, more alongside IHE's version in that board split into two factions, one who wanted Foran out, or at least get some help around turn of the year and the other who wanted him to remain in post. A bit academic now but if these changes mean a more dynamic board, then good news. We have needed a more modern, business focussed board for many years.

Had Malpas been brought in to help sooner we might have stayed up. All ifs and buts now of course.