Board statement 14/08/17

Howdenender

2 hours ago, Jenaitchie said:

They did say on Monday night that the donaters of the £500000 wanted to remain anonymous - but if they changed their mind he would be more than happy to let everyone know - until then he would respect their wishes 

I don't know how possible it is to remain anonymous if records of shareholders are kept by Companies House. I suppose it would be possible to attribute ownership to some entity whose title doesn't give away anything about who is involved. Intuition is steadily pointing me in a direction away from Savco or the McGilvrays being involved here.

It's also worth noting that, following the EGM, around 600,000 shares remain unallocated but could be activated by the Board.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IBM said:

No official statement yet but David Cameron has resigned from the board 

Correct. Recorded by Companies House on Friday as having been effective from Sep 7. The Board is now down to four directors according to the CH list. Not seen any club announcement.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Graham Rae's interview in the Courier was posted on another thread with a focus on the likelihood that following completion of transfer of ownership of the stands, the stadium would be renamed.  People have had a bit of fun with that. However, the Chairman's interview covers a lot more subjects than just that and it makes for very interesting reading - so I'm posting the link here as well.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caledonian-Stadium-could-be-renamed-as-part-of-Caley-Thistle-restructure-02102017.htm

The article refers to the financial restructuring within the club being nearly complete and refers to new investment having come into the club.  Apparently the financial shortfall this year is less than when we were relegated before.  On the negative side, it refers to difficulties due to the late payment of parachute payments by the SFA.  These are not expected till later in the season.  That seems quite bizarre - a bit like being given a parachute which doesn't open till you've hit the ground.

Graham talks about actively seeking new Board members in time for the AGM later in the year (he's not asked me :sad: ) and also says that in addressing the range of issues raised by supporters, the Board has "met a number of fans groups" (not sure what groups they might be!) to discuss how to take things forward.

He also talks about the number of volunteers who have come forward to help and that a working group has been set up to coordinate activity.  That sounds very positive.

It is certainly well worth a read and it is gratifying to hear that there appears to be much that is positive going on behind the scenes.  If I have a concern about all this, it is that this information has not been communicated more directly to the fans.  Following the Q&A session earlier in the year and the recognition from the club that communication with fans needs to improve, I remember Scotty offering that this forum could be used as a means of communication.  Given the number of people who regularly log onto this forum this would seem to be the obvious channel of communication.  We need communication more directly to the fans and we need consultation through channels which genuinely represents the wider fan base.

To give the club some credit the new shop looks fantastic. A huge improvement over that manky portacabin (though I do wonder if staff have been let go after relegation hence why that space in the Main Stand has been freed up?)

Given that a lot of the work has been undertaken by volunteers so far I wonder if the club might want to think about putting up information on the website regarding some small tasks which require more volunteers to come forward? Right now people don't really know what they can do to help out if they want to but a short list outlining certain tasks might allow folk to put themselves forward to assist?

Also worth pointing out the chairman seems to be happy enough to make himself available to chat to fans be it in a group or as individuals. So if you have a concern, grievance or whatever why not get in touch with him and have a chat?

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, RiG said:

To give the club some credit the new shop looks fantastic. A huge improvement over that manky portacabin (though I do wonder if staff have been let go after relegation hence why that space in the Main Stand has been freed up?)

Given that a lot of the work has been undertaken by volunteers so far I wonder if the club might want to think about putting up some small tasks which require more volunteers to come forward? Right now people don't really know what they can do to help out if they want to but a short list outlining certain tasks might allow folk to put themselves forward to assist?

Also worth pointing out the chairman seems to be happy enough to make himself available to chat to fans be it in a group or as individuals. So if you have a concern, grievance or whatever why not get in touch with him and have a chat?

Good advice. Although not just a concern or a grievance. I'm sure that positive suggestions will also be welcome. As RIG says, great credit for the new shop and the concourse of the Main Stand does look a whole lot better and more professional now. Much more to be done but a very good start.

Fer fecks sake - The Guy actually tries to communicate and move forward and still gets feckin shot down. Rae has been chatting to "real" fans - and feckin listening. As fer putting it on this forum - well better to discuss with the more realistic / positive fans than to be shot down on here.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Fer fecks sake - The Guy actually tries to communicate and move forward and still gets feckin shot down. Rae has been chatting to "real" fans - and feckin listening. As fer putting it on this forum - well better to discuss with the more realistic / positive fans than to be shot down on here.

Fer fecks sake - nobody who has commented on his article is putting him down.  Quite the opposite in fact.  The only criticism is from me in that it would be good if all this positive action could be better communicated.  The thing about this forum is that it is open to all fans regardless of age, location or view.  To imply that people who read this forum and post on it are not "real" fans is, frankly, pathetic.  

It is good that our new Chairman takes the time to speak to individuals, but individuals speak for themselves only and the Chairman doesn't have the time to speak to everyone.  The forum provides a platform for everyone to express their views and as a consequence it also gives us the opportunity to change our views in the light of what others have said.  Speaking to a few individuals and to a few anonymous, self selecting "fans groups" does not give the wider view that a genuinely representative supporters body can do.  Of course there is a place for discussion with more specific groups of supporters in order to address particular issues (such as the banning of some of the youngsters) but there is really no better source of getting the wider fan view than from this forum.  A forum which that has. after all, been set up for the very purpose of letting the fans express their views.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Fer fecks sake - nobody who has commented on his article is putting him down.  Quite the opposite in fact.  The only criticism is from me in that it would be good if all this positive action could be better communicated.  The thing about this forum is that it is open to all fans regardless of age, location or view.  To imply that people who read this forum and post on it are not "real" fans is, frankly, pathetic.  

It is good that our new Chairman takes the time to speak to individuals, but individuals speak for themselves only and the Chairman doesn't have the time to speak to everyone.  The forum provides a platform for everyone to express their views and as a consequence it also gives us the opportunity to change our views in the light of what others have said.  Speaking to a few individuals and to a few anonymous, self selecting "fans groups" does not give the wider view that a genuinely representative supporters body can do.  Of course there is a place for discussion with more specific groups of supporters in order to address particular issues (such as the banning of some of the youngsters) but there is really no better source of getting the wider fan view than from this forum.  A forum which that has. after all, been set up for the very purpose of letting the fans express their views.

I am one of fans who has met the chairman twice now and i can honestly say that although i attended alone i wasn't speaking for myself.  As fans we all have the best interests of the club at heart, the chairman acknowledges the fact that things need to change and they already have done but we need to give him time.

The chairman also values this site and our comments so I'm sure your post hasn't gone unnoticed. 

13 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

He's not getting shot down at all.

• 1 month later...

Probably both. As said above Hughes was whoring him out in pretty much every interview and when Celtic came in with a day or so before the window closed we were somewhat backed into a corner with little negotiating room. Hopefully Cameron, Hughes or whoever it was who dealt with the transfer included some kind of add ons like the international call up but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Probably both. As said above Hughes was whoring him out in pretty much every interview and when Celtic came in with a day or so before the window closed we were somewhat backed into a corner with little negotiating room. Hopefully Cameron, Hughes or whoever it was who dealt with the transfer included some kind of add ons like the international call up but I doubt it.

I know that we have long been naive in transfer dealings but surely we would not have been so daft as to let Hughes anywhere near the detailed terms of the transfer.

• Agree 1

Given the poor performance of the previous chairman and board on transfers, would very much doubt if we have a sell on clause/international recognition in the contract. Would be delighted if it was and something that could be communicated to fans now by the new board perhaps. If it is in the contract, Board get good vibes, if not, they can deflect any criticism  to previous board members