Sign in to follow this  
Caman

MulrAneY 15

Recommended Posts

If Aberdeen are using May 83 (Stevie May - number 83) as a marketing gesture. We could use 

MulrAneY 15

That would be nice. 

Imagine waving your scarf with that on it when he scores a goal. 

Wouldn't take much effort!! (will he scores this season? :whoosh:)

  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing he got in a fight with Robbo in training so may well not be getting the chance to try and score his first goal.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ictchris said:

Hearing he got in a fight with Robbo in training so may well not be getting the chance to try and score his first goal.

You couldn't write this crap! Unbelieveable ... one of the very few players we have who has an ounce of ability (he may not use it) but we can't afford to lose him! I am seriously considering switching to Clach because I can't take much more of the nonsense now!

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said on another thread, he has played around 40 games for us and hasn't scored or assisted a goal.  Maybe a punch is what he needs.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

 I am seriously considering switching to Clach because I can't take much more of the nonsense now!

Interesting to see that you stance has softened over the last three days Jock! On Saturday, you were apparently definitely going to be off to Clach whereas you have clearly moderated that in the interim to merely "seriously considering" it. I must remember to forewarn my friends down at Grant Street of your threat. Have you always been grumpy or has this come on only since your relatively recent arrival on this forum, where the only item of non-negativity I can find among your 23 posts to date is the single word "Agreed" :amazed:

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

 I am seriously considering switching to Clach because I can't take much more of the nonsense now!

Cheerio then.  Don't let the door etc. etc. :wave:

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm nor surprised that a bigger club is showing interest.  His main attribute, speed, properly harnessed, could be a major plus point for any club.  I can't help feeling that we haven't got the best out of him.  Whether that is down to poor management (particularly last season), or a problem of his own making I don't know.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see him blossom into a top player sometime.  I would, of course prefer that it be with us, but I 'hae me doots'.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing as for the first time since he arrived here he's actually started to look like a really good player over the last few games and now we might lose the guy :laugh: 

ETA: The EEN has a bit more info here. Apparently Robbo recommended him to Hearts and obviously he is out of contract at the end of the season. Guess it's a sign of how bad things are financially at the club just now when we are actively trying to flog some of our most important players to reduce the wage bill. Desperate times. How we could do with some of those 15,000 Cup final fans to start coming to comes now.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

How much would we realisticly get for him in the January window?

Two 'cream rings' and a partridge in a pear tree. :laugh:

Seriously though, he is worth next to nothing and they will likely tie him up on a PCA, that's if they even want him. 

In all honesty, he has given us a few minutes (not matches) of quality in 18 months. Zero goals. 

He is guaranteed to fall over a lot. Likely to get booked. 

He looks better in the Championship against weaker opposition. 

Harsh, yes. True, absolutely. 

Edited by Caman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caman said:

Two 'cream rings' and a partridge in a pear tree. :laugh:

Seriously though, he is worth next to nothing and they will likely tie him up on a PCA, that's if they even want him. 

In all honesty, he has given us a few minutes (not matches) of quality in 18 months. Zero goals. 

He is guaranteed to fall over a lot. Likely to get booked. 

He looks better in the Championship against weaker opposition. 

Harsh, yes. True, absolutely. 

I disagree. Yes he was poor last season but so were most of the team.

He had shown some decent skill this season in patches and clearly has pace.

With maturity and decent coaching, I can see him being a fine, if still somewhat inconsistent, player in a couple of years.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I disagree. Yes he was poor last season but so were most of the team.

He had shown some decent skill this season in patches and clearly has pace.

With maturity and decent coaching, I can see him being a fine, if still somewhat inconsistent, player in a couple of years.

So, him leaving would be no major loss? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the fee would be nominal, I'd prefer is he stayed until the summer, as he has been much better over the last couple of months.

However, with Doran and Elbouzedi on the way back, perhaps Robbo feels well covered for wide players. That said, we don't yet know if Elbouzedi will live up to his pre season promise.

Time will tell.

Edited by Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit surprised at the ambivalence to this. He's playing well and we don't have any other creative wide players or pace. 

But, if Robbo is maintaining this kind of relationship with Hearts then surely they could loan us one of the monstrously huge strikers that they tend to use to populate their bench. 

Edited by Caley Stan
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure going to Hearts would be a good move for Jake.  It has taken him a long time to convert his undoubted talent into reasonably consistent performances.  He is still a long way from the finished article and he has still to score for us.  He has started to develop here because club, team mates and fans have seen his potential and have been patient with him.  I doubt he will get that at Tynecastle.

Mind you, regarding Caley Stan's mention of Hearts' strikers, it may well be that some kind of swop deal is the idea of Jake going to Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I'm not sure going to Hearts would be a good move for Jake.  It has taken him a long time to convert his undoubted talent into reasonably consistent performances.  He is still a long way from the finished article and he has still to score for us.  He has started to develop here because club, team mates and fans have seen his potential and have been patient with him.  I doubt he will get that at Tynecastle.

Mind you, regarding Caley Stan's mention of Hearts' strikers, it may well be that some kind of swop deal is the idea of Jake going to Hearts.

Maybe not  good for jake in long term but maybe good for caley if we do get that chunky striker?

I would prefer jakes development to continue here for another 18 months with the competition from aaron and zak.

Hope that we still get the striker development from susan oakley etc to support bell or Robbo gets a loanee. 

Has zak played yet since injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

I'm a bit surprised at the ambivalence to this. He's playing well and we don't have any other creative wide players or pace. 

But, if Robbo is maintaining this kind of relationship with Hearts then surely they could loan us one of the monstrously huge strikers that they tend to use to populate their bench. 

Mulraney for a Hearts striker or 2 needing game time may (that's "MAY", not "WILL", by the way as not 100% sure) be a deal worth doing.

I find Mulraney quite frustrating - undoubtedly has skill, but never really seems to do much with it, defenite lack of consistency.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, when I first saw this story I thought it was either a wind up or just wishful thinking on someone’s part.

Difficult to imagine that a player who is by no means guaranteed a starting place in one of the Championship’s also-rans could really be wanted by one of the top sides in the country. He’s hardly set the heather on fire at this low level, and has an absolutely diabolical scoring and assist record for a winger. It would be a rather speculative punt for Hearts or anyone else to see if, with a bit of time and coaching, they could turn Jake’s pace and raw talent into something considerably better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.