Sign in to follow this  
Caman

MulrAneY 15

Always came across to me as somebody who thought that he was bigger than Inverness and thought that he should just walk into the team. Never ever appeared to fit into the team and I also always selected that he was shunned by some of the others on the park. Reckon that he has been in second or third gear and the Jam Tart arena may unfortunately be more motivating and allow him to develop his undoubted talent. He will be a little fish in a big pond in Embra. He may well drown though but that is better than him floundering in the Highlands.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

I've often found Mulraney frustrating to watch but worth remembering he is only 21 and had barely played a senior game prior to coming up here. A youth player coming through the ranks and showing the flashes that he has done would be given far more time to adapt i think. 

He's shown far more promise this year under Robertson and you do wonder whether if he'd had another year tutelage under him rather than last seasons **** show what sort of player we possibly could have had by now. Is it the end of the world if he goes? No but i'd be disappointed to lose a player who i'm confident we can still get a lot more out of and is only beginning to deliver on his promise.

If Calder, Cooper and Elbzoudi are the cover options instead of him then that just reaffirms to me we aren't going to challenge for promotion. 

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, Robert said:

Given the fee would be nominal, I'd prefer is he stayed until the summer, as he has been much better over the last couple of months.

However, with Doran and Elbouzedi on the way back, perhaps Robbo feels well covered for wide players. That said, we don't yet know if Elbouzedi will live up to his pre season promise.

Time will tell.

Has he played any games for anyone? a 19 year with even less game time or experience that most of our squad

I hope with still have Jake for the rest of the season...however a properly fit and motivated Doran should be a game changer

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Reality check for Mulraney. It should now motivate him to score his first goal for the club and in true football cliches, kick on.

I agree. He has to knuckle down and show consistency. This will benefit us and him. Then we and him can see where his future lies after May when his contract is up. 

Edited by Caman

1 hour ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Jake was at the Hearts game last night....

Better than him going to the RC match I suppose.

PS - Nice one Kris Boyd!! :cheer01:

Edited by Caman
  • Agree 1

If we can get money for JM then take it with both hands. I really don't think he's consistent enough for that level

Jake may be rapid but has no end product. He would bench-warm at Hearts ... no question. In fact they wouldn't be able to tell where the bench stopped and Jake started. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Jake may be rapid but has no end product. He would bench-warm at Hearts ... no question.

That may be true but Hearts obviously saw/see potential there otherwise they wouldn't have asked him down. "No end product" seems to be the mantra on here and its getting really boring. ICT have over-achieved for a good few years with a relatively poor support and those that go to support the team do so by hurling abuse at whoever's turn it is. JM will move on just like most of the players will and best of luck to them.

We are quite a long way from the SPL so maybe its time to see things as they really are. 

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 2

He put in 3 good crosses yesterday in the first half but we have no striker to put the ball in the net! 

Me when I see people still referring to the SPL which hasn't existed in over 4 years...

tumblr_netf1xii7H1qfoj4do1_400.gif

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Me when I see people still referring to the SPL which hasn't existed in over 4 years...

Same applies for those who refer to the Premiership as the SPFL 😡

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

You’ll never get off with her, RiG. Let it go :laugh:

You’d think he’d have learnt his lesson after nothing came of the April Lavigne infatuation - blimey, some of us have been on this site a loooong time!

Is Jake Mulraney just too young in his outlook?  

And, strange as it may seem,  I wonder if he needs to grow and boost his confidence in his own ability?

1 minute ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Is Jake Mulraney just too young in his outlook?  

And, strange as it may seem,  I wonder if he needs to grow and boost his confidence in his own ability?

I think so. I also think he is coming along well but young players lose their confidence very easily.

While I'd like Jake to do well, the guy is clearly lightening quick but his end product both crosses, shooting and even his ability to run with the ball past a man is very poor, he's not really showing significant improvement for a guy whos had almost 18 months of regular starts in professional football. Unfortunately given the finances if he can be offloaded with someone else to pick up his wages then its good business and we can try get a more capable player in. 

19 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Same applies for those who refer to the Premiership as the SPFL 😡

That'll be at least half the Weegie pundits on Sportsound then. Lost count of the times they have opined that the SPFL will be a better league with Hearts, Hibs and especially The Rangers back in it.

How much better would BBC Scotland's sports broadcasts be if they employed people who knew a bit about football, particularly outside of Glasgow, and were reasonably articulate rather than blokes who happened to have played for one of the Ugly Sisters, know little about the game and know even less about how to coherently articulate what little knowledge they do possess.

On 17/12/2017 at 8:15 PM, AncientMariner said:

No end product" seems to be the mantra on here and its getting really boring. ICT have over-achieved for a good few years with a relatively poor support and those that go to support the team do so by hurling abuse at whoever's turn it is.

Eh?! 

I would love JM to succeed ... and ideally succeed with us. It has absolutely nothing to do with fans getting used to an over-achieving club and consequently being over-critical.

When we came up the leagues we had players on the flank that could provide crosses/assists and contribute with goals. 

I personally hoped (and thought) JM would cigar the Championship because we were moving down and he had shown promise from the start of his first season in the top flight.

JM has some great attributes but the harsh reality is that he hasn't scored one senior goal for us and his number of assists (although not known) definitely seem on the low side.

JR has himself made mention of JM's need to develop "end product" in at least one media interview. For a player to get special mention like that (but not in a destructively critical way) speaks volumes.

• Agree 1

Under Robbo Jake has been showing improvement every week, I have a feeling he is going to develop into one of our best ever wingers, Yes his progress has been slow and no he is still not up to the expected standard but he is learning, the improvement made since John R has taken him under his wing is remarkable, no longer the headless chicken runs, the falling over and the blind crosses. His head is up now , looking for openings and putting well placed crosses and passes into the feet of his colleagues. Jake has become a Team player which he was not at the start of the season, there is a lot more going to come from this young man. I would not like to lose him.

1 hour ago, bughtmaster said:

Under Robbo Jake has been showing improvement every week, I have a feeling he is going to develop into one of our best ever wingers, Yes his progress has been slow and no he is still not up to the expected standard but he is learning, the improvement made since John R has taken him under his wing is remarkable, no longer the headless chicken runs, the falling over and the blind crosses. His head is up now , looking for openings and putting well placed crosses and passes into the feet of his colleagues. Jake has become a Team player which he was not at the start of the season, there is a lot more going to come from this young man. I would not like to lose him.

Spot on. I felt Jake went backwards last year under Foran but he has matured remarkably under Robbo's guidance. He has been a major contributor to the recent solid performances, both in mature use of the ball and  also in his work rate in tracking back and winning the ball. Goals will come and his lack of assists recently are more a reflection of the lack of quality up front than his poor delivery.

Bughtmaster you are still alive  ?:cheer01: And are you the same chipper lad I met for the first time on an airfield in North Germany (Jever to be precise) watching a football match between your own airfield's best picks against ours. Ahh! Such memories eh? My oh My that's at least 57 or 58 years ago. Do you remember ....?:wave: