Sign in to follow this  
Caman

MulrAneY 15

11 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Goals will come and his lack of assists recently are more a reflection of the lack of quality up front than his poor delivery.

Partly along with his consistent ability not to be able to cross a ball beyond the first man or find his target on most occasions. 

He's had much more of a run in the team than most other young players recently including those defined on here as showing  'potential' 

• Agree 2

My little guy has two favourite ICT players .... David Raven and Jake Mulraney. Both were really good with him on our last trip over when he (and other kids) got to meet and train with the players and be mascot on the last day of the season. I would love to see them both at the club for longer than this Christmas but fear that both may be gone after the Livi game on January 2nd after the window opens and/or contracts expire in Raven's case.  

When Jake gets past a defender then, with his speed, I feel he should just make a bee-line for the goal line. If dispossessed then the ball is still at that point in the goalmouth area and could be just waiting to be potted in. Or the Goalie will miss it or the ball will bounce off a player leading to   panic in the defense.  Or he can get as close as he can to the goal and let  a shot fly. Any rebound may be a sitter waiting to be potted. With the defense on the back-foot then once that ball is rolling around in the goal area anything can happen....... 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

It’s that confirmed about the sheep then?

No, was just badly punctuated sarcasm :wink:

• Funny 1

I thought that this, the game against Falkirk, was Jake's best game for the Jags, in my opinion of the games i have seen. He has pace to burn, set up goals and scored his first goal for ict. I hope that this gives him the confidence to sustain it for the rest of the season. It was just a pity he had to come off injured. 

• Agree 3

On 10/01/2018 at 7:42 AM, Jaggernaut said:

I thought that this, the game against Falkirk, was Jake's best game for the Jags, in my opinion of the games i have seen. He has pace to burn, set up goals and scored his first goal for ict. I hope that this gives him the confidence to sustain it for the rest of the season. It was just a pity he had to come off injured. 

maybe his best game for Jags but Caley are still waiting for a performance. 😃. sorry just joking

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Saw Jake going into Specsavers today. Hope he has 'seen' the light and will keep his head from now on. Hope he's not wearing a pair of Dame Edna Everage style specs on the park though. :lol:

• Funny 1

There's a really nice tweet about Mulraney showing on the club's feed.

After the ball hit a young girl during the warm up he went to check she was ok, and then gave her his top after the game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Mulraney is like most young wingers consistently inconsistent, think Barry Robson, beat two defenders then cross it behind the goal, some take years to become reliable players. They also have a tendency to spit out the dummy because they believe they are better than they actually are and don't take kindly being told they are not. I used to play with a winger who was quick, had ability but would always check out having beaten the full back leaving the forwards with a dead jump when he finally condescended to cross it, drove the forwards nuts.

He has the potential to be a very good winger that is very hard to play against, the problem being he is just too inconsistent. Hopefully he can improve as he could be d real asset 

• Agree 1

He fell out with Foran, he falls out with Robbo. Squad number 15 will be free soon. 

1 hour ago, Caman said:

He fell out with Foran, he falls out with Robbo. Squad number 15 will be free soon. 

Don't know who he has, or hasn't, fallen out with but he certainly has been given enough chances.  For me he hasn't lived up to his early promise (mainly his speed), and the couple of times I've seen him recently, (admittedly only on TV), I've thought he has been really poor.  Young Mackay looks far more dangerous in the few cameo appearances he has had. I would not be surprised, or sorry, if Mulraney  left at season end.

• Agree 4

I'm bored of waiting for Mulraney to become good.

• Agree 1

Hashtag me too. I thought this year would make or break Jake. Either he takes advantage of the assets he has been given, works on his game and smashes the league like Johnny Hayes did or he hides, makes excuse, sulks etc etc. Bar a handful of appearances, it has been huffy Jake to the fore. Get rid.

I don't think he's been huffy really I just don't think he's good enough. He has incredible pace but his crossing and passing is well below par. He had a short but excellent run of form a few months back and thought that this was going to be it but he never kicked on from that. According to Wiki Mulraney shortly turns 22. When Hayes was 22 he had just finished tearing the (old) Scottish First Division apart with us and when Barry Robson was 22 he was making a real break through at ICT after a loan spell at Forfar.

39 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't think he's been huffy really I just don't think he's good enough. He has incredible pace but his crossing and passing is well below par. He had a short but excellent run of form a few months back and thought that this was going to be it but he never kicked on from that. According to Wiki Mulraney shortly turns 22. When Hayes was 22 he had just finished tearing the (old) Scottish First Division apart with us and when Barry Robson was 22 he was making a real break through at ICT after a loan spell at Forfar.

Maybe he should try the 4 x 100m relay for Ireland at the Commonwealth Games. :whoosh: 

4 minutes ago, Caman said:

Maybe he should try the 4 x 100m relay for Ireland at the Commonwealth Games. :whoosh: 

As long as he ran the anchor leg and didn't have to actually pass the baton 

• Funny 3