Hospice shares

givmeaccccc

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

The old Members Club originally held the % voting rights basically to reflect the Caley and Jags non voting shares. Sutherland wanted rid of the MC and did so whilst successfully reducing the voting rights.  I think it is important to be clear who  now holds this sizeable interest which could be used to decide the club's future.

As I recollect, the Members' Club influence stood initially at 50% but I think it was actually during Dougie's time that it began a series of steps towards its current 10%. To be fair, it was difficult to argue against the case for reducing it which was that it would be difficult to persuade new investors to put money into a company where they would have very little clout.

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

As I recollect, the Members' Club influence stood initially at 50% but I think it was actually during Dougie's time that it began a series of steps towards its current 10%. To be fair, it was difficult to argue against the case for reducing it which was that it would be difficult to persuade new investors to put money into a company where they would have very little clout.

Thanks Charles. From memory, the initial figure was more in the region of 25% and I can fully appreciate the need to reduce this. Think it's important to know who exactly holds the 10% voting rights at this time.

4 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

The best guess I can make is that it's CJT - whose existence or otherwise is currently baffling the planet's finest philosophers and which may even have assumed the features of Schroedinger's Cat. Ian MacDonald the Company Secretary would presumably be able to clarify.

Well, if he doesn't know, then CJT won't be getting their voting papers, so it won't matter who they support!