Jimmy Calderwood

Oldken27

2 hours ago, neksor said:

Sad to hear of Jimmy's early onset of dementia.

Always thought that we should have looked at him as a potential manager in the past.

A great character and very knowledgable about football.

:laugh:

Interesting way of looking at things. I've said before if he ever became our manager I would not attend ICT games for as long as he was in charge.

That said, despite my dislike of the guy, I wouldn't wish an illness like this on him so hopefully he battles through it as best he can with the support of his family and friends.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

While I have a great deal of sympathy for anyone afflicted by this dreadful debilitating illness and for their families, there is an inescapable irony in Jimmy Calderwood appealing for understanding of a mental health related ailment.

I do not think a comment  such as that latter half was called for, it is in very bad taste and should be removed immediately.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

and, as such, subject to precisely the same site rules as everybody else. If anyone believes the post to be a breach of site rules then there is a procedure for reporting it.

maybe better to just delete the part attracting comment.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

and, as such, subject to precisely the same site rules as everybody else. If anyone believes the post to be a breach of site rules then there is a procedure for reporting it.

Clearly you don't going by the above which in a way makes the comment worse.

I don't normally comment directly like this as it may be construed as picking on someone but your initial post is in bad taste even if it was meant as a joke. More than one person pointed it out so just remove it please and don't antagonise the situation.

Having first hand experience of this illness I don't wish it on anyone and it's certainly not something to be joked about.

• Agree 3

I too have had first hand experience of this dreadful illness and have expressed sympathy for all victims and their families.

I am all for much more understanding and sympathy for altzheimers and it's many victims both direct and indirect. I feel similarly strongly about other ailments impacting on mental as well as physical health which is precisely why, much as I have sympathy for him now, there is an irony in a man who showed little sympathy or understanding for a vulnerable subordinate suffering from depression now appealing for such understanding himself.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1