IRN BRU Cup (Challenge Cup)

bdu98196

Aye Aberdeen have tweeted that was well (yesterday evening I think) but again no confirmation from ICT, nothing on the website. Small things like this grate and don't take a lot to fix. It really does increasingly seem like that club don't view getting information out to the fans on the website, Twitter or Facebook as important.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

It really does increasingly seem like that club don't view getting information out to the fans on the website, Twitter or Facebook as important.

I just wonder if it's all part of the big plan (that  appears to working just now) to get the club back to its roots of the Highland League. Even if that is the case the HL sides seems to have better communications than we do just now so attention to it is definitely required.

While the challenge cup may not be the most glamorous, or the most lucrative in terms of prize money and revenue, it can be a good opportunity to rotate the squad a little and if we do well, like win it, it can act as a springboard towards the rest of the league campaign. Players tails go up and such.

I find myself not even looking at the website for information tbh. If it can't even keep a match date, time and venue up to date then it becomes almost pointless.

• Agree 1

Can find the thread about the Under 20s playing in the Highland League, so posting here given we are playing Aberdeen Colts.

I see Elgin are playing in the North of Scotland Cup. Why are we not?

Also, there is an Under 20 league n the Highland League set up. We could join that so the youngsters get regular competitive game time.