Sign in to follow this  
IBM

ICTFC Open Night

Recommended Posts

Chairman spoke very well about the club and that it wanted to gain the supporters trust again, stated there was obviously a shortfall in income due to relegation amounting to more than £1 million, expecting about a quarter of the revenue we've had previously from travelling supporters also no TV money etc.  There are plans to remove the eyesore that is currently the club shop how and when were not clear but assumed to be happening sooner rather than later.  Also talk off the concourse at the home end in the main stand to be made into a sportsbar type idea, toilets behind the west stand to be renovated, contracts with catering suppliers to be looked at and initiatives to re-engage with fans ie mailing lists etc to be looked at.  

On the playing front looking to move on Raven sooner rather than later due to wages as Robertson would prefer a younger player in that position, Fon Williams had a relegation clause in his contract which he had to instigate and did so to leave on a free, has had offers but he has rejected them he was also supposed to be involved in a couple of games but got injured the day before on both occasions, a hint of Coutinho-itis I believe from Robertsons reaction as he is fit to join the Wales squad coming up.

As most will know Foran is on gardening leave and still being paid for by the club.

 

All in all a good meeting and more are planned, drop ins to speak to Graham or Danny are more than welcome as stated by both.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bdu98196    677
5 minutes ago, johnnykanu12 said:

Chairman spoke very well about the club and that it wanted to gain the supporters trust again, stated there was obviously a shortfall in income due to relegation amounting to more than £1 million, expecting about a quarter of the revenue we've had previously from travelling supporters also no TV money etc.  There are plans to remove the eyesore that is currently the club shop how and when were not clear but assumed to be happening sooner rather than later.  Also talk off the concourse at the home end in the main stand to be made into a sportsbar type idea, toilets behind the west stand to be renovated, contracts with catering suppliers to be looked at and initiatives to re-engage with fans ie mailing lists etc to be looked at.  

On the playing front looking to move on Raven sooner rather than later due to wages as Robertson would prefer a younger player in that position, Fon Williams had a relegation clause in his contract which he had to instigate and did so to leave on a free, has had offers but he has rejected them he was also supposed to be involved in a couple of games but got injured the day before on both occasions, a hint of Coutinho-itis I believe from Robertsons reaction as he is fit to join the Wales squad coming up.

As most will know Foran is on gardening leave and still being paid for by the club.

 

All in all a good meeting and more are planned, drop ins to speak to Graham or Danny are more than welcome as stated by both.

Thanks for posting, although I'm surprised by some of the content and it being expressed so openly?

Positive in terms of facility plane and improved engagement and fan interaction. The reduction in revenue is no surprise either. 

Raven - Publicly saying this if he cant find another club puts us in the embarrassing situation of having to keep paying him - then what do we play him and I'm sure DR is highly professional but what's his motivation being at a club where its clear he is not wanted?

OFW - If he has triggered a clause in his contract to leave on a free does this mean he has terminated his contract or is he like DR still at the club and we will keep paying him if nobody else comes in? 

The handling of the 2 above players has been poor and its clear we cant afford to remove them from the club but can we afford their quality and salary to sit on the bench or at home? Looks like the next few weeks, there may have to be apologies and U-turns made whether the club like it or not?

 

The Foran situation was never clear regarding his departure - if it is gardening leave then for how long? Was it a 4 year contract with each year rolling - which was originally thought, in which case is this expiring soon or was it a full 4 year deal in which case are we really going to keep paying him for the next 3 years to stay away? Surely there are other roles in the club he could be offered even if the salary is deemed higher than desired for that task - community development or even back into coaching?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Raven they have informed his agent it would be easier to get a 32 year old right back a longer deal in the summer rather than January when his contract is up and sounding like it won't be renewed, he will start Saturday as Seedorf is suspended.  Fon Williams his contract is not terminated but free to find another club up until the transfer deadline(no fee to come into the club) if still here after that will be considered for selection.

The Foran situation wasn't made fully clear just that it was a 4 year deal, which in hindsight an error from the previous board/chairman, there must be a clause that this is only for say 12 months after departure, if not again previous chairman/board have a lot to answer for the shambles that ensued.  You get the feeling that he wouldn't be welcomed back with open arms under the current management.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnnykanu12 said:

 Also talk off the concourse at the home end in the main stand to be made into a sportsbar type idea, toilets behind the west stand to be renovated, contracts with catering suppliers to be looked at and initiatives to re-engage with fans ie mailing lists etc to be looked at. 

So do OFW, Dave and Richie have any DIY, contract negotiation or communications skills?  Might as well them get them doing something while they are being paid!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jingsmonty    197
9 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

So do OFW, Dave and Richie have any DIY, contract negotiation or communications skills?  Might as well them get them doing something while they are being paid!

I wouldn't bet against David Raven joining the Brora/ CRC Evans crew....!

I thought Robbo was refreshingly honest about the player situation, I can see his point re Raves, as much as I'd like him to stay, as for OFW, that's another matter - here's hoping he finds a club soon!

Foran...don't think it would be right for him to be involved with the club in any capacity, right now anyway..I can only hope he isn't on gardening leave for the next 3 years!

All in all, though, a positive & honest meeting - if things continue on the same track, feel that we are (finally) heading in the right direction. Particularly welcome the acknowledgement that it's not all just about the 1st team, to the detriment of everything else...

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ictchris    872

He'll probably be in leave until he gets another job, which will most likely be never. Who exactly is going to employ him?

maybe he'll end up back at the club somehow. Charlie Christie did after he left as manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kingsmills    3,290

The first step in addressing any problems is in recognising and acknowledging that there are problems. It looks as though the club have now done this and have been more frank and open than they have been for a very long time.

Many of those issues have been in place for a very long time so we can't expect instant solutions but if, over the next few months, communication and honesty improve and we begin to see progress both with the team and with some of the very poor facilities that we have had to put up with then we will know that this present regime are delivering with deeds and not merely words.

All in all a very welcome and encouraging start. The board have received, and rightly so, a lot of criticism of late but credit where it's due. Time now for us fans to stop carping and get fully behind the enormous challenge and effort that lies ahead.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quizzer    55

Massive plate of doughnuts upon arrival, always a good start!

I - along with several other small groups and individuals - have met with Danny over the last couple of weeks and it was fantastic to see the same commitments and promises being made by the chairman in public as the COO said to us.  It was great to see the chairman fully backing both Danny and Robbo ie plans for both off and on the park, and apparently very open indeed to criticism and feedback.  He seems like he's a pretty shrewd man, and if last night is a fair representation then he's both a good talker and listener.

Might seem odd to anyone who didn't witness it directly, but the comments about Raven and OFW came across as fair and logical.  Very different circumstances as has already been said.  Raven obviously still held in high regard but OFW - hmmm not quite!  Touched on Doran's situation which I don't think has been mentioned so far.  Fair way to go until we see him again, and the over-riding message was that he's been through a horrific time and it's been touch and go whether he his football career would continue.  

Sounds like a host of folk from here will get an invite to meet up and give their opinions too, please take it if you get the chance.  Plenty gone wrong in the past but with Graham Rae, Danny and Robbo we have 3 people with a clean slate, positive outlooks and who want to engage.  Fingers crossed they live up their claims, I for one buy into what they are saying and willing to give them the opportunity to follow through.  Oh and for anyone who is worried about youth, I firmly believe that Robbo and Danny are two great fans of the youth systems and fingers crossed we'll see evidence of that on the pitch for the first team sooner rather than later.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DoofersDad    2,962

If a have a concern about last night's meeting it was the failure of any of the other Board members to engage.  The new Chairman spoke well and enthusiastically but he is just one member of the Board.  Others on the panel were on the Board at the time when the decisions which got us into the mess we are now in  were made.  Even just a brief few words from one of them acknowledging that mistakes were made, that lessons have been learned and that the Board is fully behind the approach outlined by the Chairman would surely not have been difficult.  As it was, the Chairman did the apologising on their behalf and he wasn't even on the Board when those decisions were made and when core activities were being neglected.  There were issues raised and the Chairman responded that he couldn't really comment as he didn't know, but would look into and get back to the questioner.  Other Board members have been here long enough to have had knowledge of the issues and should have been able to speak up and comment.  What was the point of them being there if all they offered was a wall of silence?

The way forward outlined by the Chairman was good, but it is not going to happen unless the whole Board are signed up to that approach.  I saw no evidence that this was the case.  It might have been good, for example to have individual Board members taking responsibility for overseeing some particular area of activity and taking the lead on the discussion related to that.  We  all know that despite his faults, Kenny Cameron lived and breathed this football club  and worked tremendously hard for the club.  One suspects that other Board members were happy to let him get on with it.  Hopefully the new Chairman will insist on  other Board members taking a bit more responsibility and showing a much more public face and  public buy in to the more progressive agenda.  In Graham Rae, Danny MacDonald and John Robertson we have a great team of leaders to see us pick up the pieces and move on.  They need and deserve the support of the entire Board.  That support may be there, but it was not in evidence last night.  

  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+bughtmaster    811
6 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

If a have a concern about last night's meeting it was the failure of any of the other Board members to engage.  The new Chairman spoke well and enthusiastically but he is just one member of the Board.  Others on the panel were on the Board at the time when the decisions which got us into the mess we are now in  were made.  Even just a brief few words from one of them acknowledging that mistakes were made, that lessons have been learned and that the Board is fully behind the approach outlined by the Chairman would surely not have been difficult.  As it was, the Chairman did the apologising on their behalf and he wasn't even on the Board when those decisions were made and when core activities were being neglected.  There were issues raised and the Chairman responded that he couldn't really comment as he didn't know, but would look into and get back to the questioner.  Other Board members have been here long enough to have had knowledge of the issues and should have been able to speak up and comment.  What was the point of them being there if all they offered was a wall of silence?

The way forward outlined by the Chairman was good, but it is not going to happen unless the whole Board are signed up to that approach.  I saw no evidence that this was the case.  It might have been good, for example to have individual Board members taking responsibility for overseeing some particular area of activity and taking the lead on the discussion related to that.  We  all know that despite his faults, Kenny Cameron lived and breathed this football club  and worked tremendously hard for the club.  One suspects that other Board members were happy to let him get on with it.  Hopefully the new Chairman will insist on  other Board members taking a bit more responsibility and showing a much more public face and  public buy in to the more progressive agenda.  In Graham Rae, Danny MacDonald and John Robertson we have a great team of leaders to see us pick up the pieces and move on.  They need and deserve the support of the entire Board.  That support may be there, but it was not in evidence last night.  

Thank you DD you confirmed many issues I was wary about,  Seems we may not be out of the woods as yet.................however there can be hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Long Man    323

Unbelievably harsh and negative, DD. Do you really think they are not signed up to the new Chairman's approach? Easy to pick holes and cast aspersions when there is, in your own words, no evidence for them.

On a more positive note, did anyone ask about fan representation on the board? would seem like a good idea to me, and is a feature of many smaller, more progressive clubs.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DoofersDad    2,962
18 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

Unbelievably harsh and negative, DD. Do you really think they are not signed up to the new Chairman's approach? Easy to pick holes and cast aspersions when there is, in your own words, no evidence for them.

On a more positive note, did anyone ask about fan representation on the board? would seem like a good idea to me, and is a feature of many smaller, more progressive clubs.

No.  I do not think that they are not signed up to the new Chairman's approach.  I simply do not know.  I am not casting aspersions, I am simply pointing out that those Board members who were there last night and who were on the Board during the Cameron era, simply did not engage.  It was up to them to provide the evidence that they were fully supportive of the new Chairman's approach and they failed to take the opportunity to do so.  Hopefully they will provide evidence of their proactive support for the Chairman's approach in the near future.

Fan representation on the Board was not specifically raised.  The Chairman said early on that he had already had discussions with some people about improved channels of communication with the fans.  I am sure his thoughts on this will be communicated soon and that would presumably indicate an appropriate route to raise the issue of fan representation on the Board.  I absolutely agree with you that it seems like a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scarlet Pimple    751

DD, What does COO mean or stand for?   Chief Operating Officer peutetre?

In  North America we normally have CEO. Chief Executive officer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

DD, What does COO mean or stand for?   Chief Operating Officer peutetre?

In  North America we normally have CEO. Chief Executive officer.

 

Scarlet, I'm not an expert on these things, but I believe that a CEO is a more elevated position than a COO. I think the COO is principally a "fixer" in charge of making sure that the process of business operation is ongoing, whereas a CEO has a more strategic role.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+IBM    592
4 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Scarlet, I'm not an expert on these things, but I believe that a CEO is a more elevated position than a COO. I think the COO is principally a "fixer" in charge of making sure that the process of business operation is ongoing, whereas a CEO has a more strategic role.

Lets hope he is a fixer for a lot of things :wink: and a thanks to DD for his well versed reports which are great for a fan that goes to watch the football but does not go to these events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaggernaut    40

Excellent meeting. So many things explained and the three main men, chairman, Robbo and Danny were all very positive and talking as one. It was good to hear that they are wanting to experience what the supporters experience on match days and try to improve the facilities. The way they were talking about some of the youth players being some of the most exciting talent that have come to ICT was very encouraging.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jingsmonty    197
14 hours ago, ictchris said:

He'll probably be in leave until he gets another job, which will most likely be never. Who exactly is going to employ him?

maybe he'll end up back at the club somehow. Charlie Christie did after he left as manager.

Fair point....but CC wasn't dismissed, he stepped down from the job & he did a decent job (from what I remember). Maybe RF will return, but now definetly isn't the time...think he'd be too divisive a figure. 

 

 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jingsmonty    197
8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Excellent meeting. So many things explained and the three main men, chairman, Robbo and Danny were all very positive and talking as one. It was good to hear that they are wanting to experience what the supporters experience on match days and try to improve the facilities. The way they were talking about some of the youth players being some of the most exciting talent that have come to ICT was very encouraging.

Totally agree, was a positive but realistic meeting. Hope they follow through on it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scarlet Pimple    751

Charles -  I think you are correct. The COO has overall responsibility for  the operation ( key word)  on a day to day basis but no doubt will liaise with the CEO on formal matters of policy or such. But ICT doesn't appear to have a CEO,  simply a Chairman of the Board, like Kenny was.  I suppose they are one and the same.

Reading  the information about the announcement and the meeting recently it's very encouraging isn't it?  Very professional approach  and meticulously  assessed by the main figure  who seems to really have a good brain together with  a good grasp of what have been running sores with the fans for long enough.The importance of  attending to renovation or renewal of dilapidated sheds, booking office(s) and toilets are VERY  important because they are as representative of the Board's attitude to the club and the fans as anything else. 

Here in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, we have lady Mayor who wants to spend millions of dollars on swimming pools (which they have not yet been able to set-aside) but the City won't spend any money on trimming the verges where there are weeds 12 feet high and the sand spread on the roads to counter the terrible snow  and ice problem we had last winter is then left on them long after  the ice has melted without being cleaned up. And then they wonder why they can't attract new business to the city. Speaking to the city engineer and the guy in charge of the city's finances just appears to fall on deaf ears whilst our taxes continue to rocket many times the last year's rate of inflation which is infuriating.

Meaning, if the Board make the effort to improve things the fans will  notice and will come back because they sense positive change is in the wind and the Board will then seem to know what the heck they need to do to make the club more successful again. Not to mention the important aspect that any new players who come to the club to see what is going on here are far more likely to sign for us if they can see a cared-for stadium and clean and up[dated facilities on offer to the public. :cheer01:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

 But ICT doesn't appear to have a CEO,  simply a Chairman of the Board, like Kenny was.  I suppose they are one and the same.

 

As I recollect, Kenny was Executive Chairman which I don't think Graham Rae is, nor were any of Kenny's predecessors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.