Sign in to follow this  
IBM

ICTFC Open Night

Recommended Posts

Further to the ICTFC Board statement issued on 14 August 2017, we are pleased to announce that the “Open Night” with our season ticket holders has been scheduled for Monday 21 August 2017 from 18:30 to 20:00 pm at the Press & Journal Lounge in the stadium.  As space is limited to 120 attendees.  Should the meeting be over subscribed, arrangements will be made for a follow up session as soon as possible thereafter.  

Afterwards, attendees may wish to stay and watch Monday Night Football and the bar will be open.  

Representatives from the Club will include the Directors, Chief Operating Officer, Football Manager and senior coaching personnel.  As part of the Club’s communications plan, we plan to hold regular events of this type with multiple ICT stakeholders with the objective of keeping our supporters up to date with ongoing business and footballing activities followed by a Q & A session.  This is an opportunity for the Club to engage with the supporters, share ideas and embrace their feedback.

Apologies for the short notice of this event, but we feel it is important to get this forum started as soon as possible.



Graham Rae

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good that it's going ahead. I won't make it due to working. Damn it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IBM has omitted the bit about the need to pre-register if you are attending.  This is because there is only space for 120 people and clearly they don't want to turn folk away.   I like the optimism that more than 120 will want to attend.  I'm undecided at the moment.  I might wait and see how many Morton beat us by on Saturday and then check availability on Monday  :tongueincheek:

Seriously though, It is good that the Board is doing this and given the extent of criticism there has been on this forum it would be really good if there is a great turnout.  We are asking the Board to engage constructively with the fans so it really is incumbent on the fans to turn up when the Board provides the opportunity..

OK.  I've convinced my self.  I'm going regardless of the score on Saturday!

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

 I like the optimism that more than 120 will want to attend.  

If 120 didn't attend, or indeed a good deal more than 120 tried to sign up, that would make the extensive complaints about lack of communication etc look pretty silly, would it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

If 120 didn't attend, or indeed a good deal more than 120 tried to sign up, that would make the extensive complaints about lack of communication etc look pretty silly, would it not?

No - a lot of fans either do not live in Inverness or won't be able to attend at such short notice. In the case of the former, complaints about lack of digital communication are still valid even if they can't make it to the open night in person.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PumpFake said:

No - a lot of fans either do not live in Inverness or won't be able to attend at such short notice. In the case of the former, complaints about lack of digital communication are still valid even if they can't make it to the open night in person.

Complaints have been about far more than digital communication and a great many of them have been about the club failing in general to reach out to supporters. If this is a major issue then, irrespective of the notice, a club with 1453 season ticket holders and a significant number of other fans should expect, under the circumstances, far more than jut 120 to want to go to something like this. Or will the entire, worthwhile exercise just degenerate into further complaints about lack of notice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Who has complained about lack of notice? It's good that it is going ahead so soon.

You mentioned "at such short notice" yourself. I didn't take this necessarily as a complaint, but possibly an area from which some might materialise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too short notice for me as I have another commitment, but I'd say this meeting has also come too late. We should have had something like this in January when there might have been a chance of helping to save us from relegation.

Edited by Row S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because it should have happened in January doesn't mean we shouldn't embrace it now.  The Chairman in January is no longer on the Board and the new Chairman who has sent out the invitation was not on the Board in January.  It is clean slate time. It is time to all come together, accept that we are where we are and work cooperatively in order to restore a bit of pride in the club.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree to an extent but the previous board had a lot to answer for in terms of things sliding in the year before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Largely agree with Charles here. Plenty of folk have been on here moaning, myself included about things at the club in recent weeks and months. Surely we can muster up 120 people to head along to this event and express their concerns despite the short notice? if not it will only serve to strengthen the notion that a lot of people are happy to piss and moan about stuff they don't like but not do anything about it when afforded the opportunity.

So if you're annoyed about season ticket prices, the Pride of the Highlands badge, the poor communication through Twitter and Facebook or whatever it may be this is your chance to speak up about it. If you can't be bothered to do so then don't bother complaining about these things in the future.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its positive that there is going to be a face to face opportunity and that given the negativity around at the moment the club/board haven't decided just to hide away and are pressing forward with this event. As posted above there are fans that live remote (with a ST) who realistically cant travel for 2 hours on a Monday night - are CJT having a presence? Is there a platform where fans who cannot attend can submit questions for consideration on the evening either directly or via fan groups?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Its positive that there is going to be a face to face opportunity and that given the negativity around at the moment the club/board haven't decided just to hide away and are pressing forward with this event. As posted above there are fans that live remote (with a ST) who realistically cant travel for 2 hours on a Monday night - are CJT having a presence? Is there a platform where fans who cannot attend can submit questions for consideration on the evening either directly or via fan groups?

Good point. It would be useful if someone or a group could act as a conduit for remote fans to raise issues at the meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Largely agree with Charles here. Plenty of folk have been on here moaning, myself included about things at the club in recent weeks and months. Surely we can muster up 120 people to head along to this event and express their concerns despite the short notice? if not it will only serve to strengthen the notion that a lot of people are happy to **** and moan about stuff they don't like but not do anything about it when afforded the opportunity.

So if you're annoyed about season ticket prices, the Pride of the Highlands badge, the poor communication through Twitter and Facebook or whatever it may be this is your chance to speak up about it. If you can't be bothered to do so then don't bother complaining about these things in the future.

I'll stick to moaning about it on the internet I think.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm going I'd be happy to take questions or suggestions along on behalf of those too far away if there's no 'official' way of doing so. However if you can make it along, if ONLY for a wee bit please do as it helps to show our solidarity (for want of a better word) as fans. Don't want it to just be the usual faces.

Anyway if you do have anything you want raised probably best to PM me here I guess and I'll do my best.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2017 at 10:57 PM, Jaggernaut said:

I've booked my place. Hoping for a good turn out and some good Q&A.

 

On 18/08/2017 at 0:36 AM, Fraz said:

Booked.

 

On 18/08/2017 at 8:38 AM, bdu98196 said:

Its positive that there is going to be a face to face opportunity and that given the negativity around at the moment the club/board haven't decided just to hide away and are pressing forward with this event. As posted above there are fans that live remote (with a ST) who realistically cant travel for 2 hours on a Monday night - are CJT having a presence? Is there a platform where fans who cannot attend can submit questions for consideration on the evening either directly or via fan groups?

 

22 hours ago, Fraz said:

As I'm going I'd be happy to take questions or suggestions along on behalf of those too far away if there's no 'official' way of doing so. However if you can make it along, if ONLY for a wee bit please do as it helps to show our solidarity (for want of a better word) as fans. Don't want it to just be the usual faces.

Anyway if you do have anything you want raised probably best to PM me here I guess and I'll do my best.

Maybe we should start up a new thread and post any questions there? Take the most popular questions along. If any overlap merge into one question etc.

Also as someone above asked regarding other Q and A formats. We did used to have an ask the board segment on here (think it ran the last time we were in 2nd tier) but it fell by the wayside. It always seemed to be something that the admin and mods, like Scotty, used to have to chase up the board. I'd like to see the board actively ask fans forums and fan groups for their opinions and questions. Even if only bi annually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2017 at 11:48 PM, Row S said:

I agree to an extent but the previous board had a lot to answer for in terms of things sliding in the year before.

Maybe so but that is the past and we can do nothing about it now other than learn the lessons from it. Time to look to the future.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2017 at 1:48 PM, Fraz said:

As I'm going I'd be happy to take questions or suggestions along on behalf of those too far away if there's no 'official' way of doing so. However if you can make it along, if ONLY for a wee bit please do as it helps to show our solidarity (for want of a better word) as fans. Don't want it to just be the usual faces.

Anyway if you do have anything you want raised probably best to PM me here I guess and I'll do my best.

I'm going to send you a message on this Fraz. A couple of other fans who aren't in here have suggestions as well. Will do it later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ictchris said:

I'm going to send you a message on this Fraz. A couple of other fans who aren't in here have suggestions as well. Will do it later today.

No problem Chris. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting and very well attended evening with the Q&A session going on more than an hour after the advertised finish time.  The new Chairman came across pretty well.  He seems enthusiastic for the future of the club but is clear in the basic principle that we cannot spend more than is coming in.  This year's budget is over £1 million down on last year so nobody is under any illusion of the scale of the task ahead.  COO and the Manager spoke well and were pretty honest in their responses.  The 3 of them all seemed to be singing from the same hymn sheet.  Lots of assurances about better communication, improvements to the ground, club website, match day experience etc.  Promise to hold similar meeting in future when they well report back on the progress made and also meetings where people will be invited to bring ideas which can be discussed.  Of course, it is easy to say what the right things but it is not so easy to carry things through into actions.  Sounds promising though.

Very interesting comments from Robbo on various topics which are discussed in this forum.  No doubt others will pick up on some of the detail in the relevant threads.

  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.