Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Not too downbeat. Certainly an improvement on last week, even if that was probably one of the worst displays perceivable. 

Morton have had a good run of form as well so today was always going to be a tough encounter.

I'd have obviously liked the win but if it's the beginning of a turnaround then I'll take it.

Trafford looks decent addition and did well

Oakley and bell aren't too bad but need to get goals.

We played some nice direct positive football early on but couldnt capitalise.

Return of Warren helped organise and shore up the defence, stepped up as a leader on the park.

Goalkeeper looks a bomb scare, poor distribution and makes bad decisions about when to come off his line or stay on it, doesn't have a good command of his area at all.

Polwarth looked poor, mainly anonymous as the game passed him by and didn't really get into it.

Baird had a few chances and took plenty shots early on but non ever looked threatening - definitely think bell would create and offer more threat.

Our crossing and set pieces were awful, so many high and inaccurate passes - even factoring the wind we need wide players who can get balls past the first man or not over hit them wildly like we saw.

Overall better than I expected and some small signs to be positive about but plenty work to do in all areas.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Encouraging first 20 minutes. Pretty awful thereafter. 

Yet again abysmal officiating. 

Yes, could have been 3 up after 20 mins. After that, could have played on until midnight without another ICT goal. Our defence lived a seriously charmed life in the 2nd half. In the end, fortunate to have a draw. We were dreadful in second half.  

Perhaps the silver lining to this week's cloud is that, with Seedorf being suspended, we might start Raven at last. A defence with both Warren and Raven in it would surely be less porous and, once he has served his suspension, would release Seedorf to play wide further forward where he looks to have some potential.

• Agree 5

53 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Polwarth looked poor, mainly anonymous as the game passed him by and didn't really get into it.

I disagree somewhat. He threatened in the first half and had good effort on goal, well saved. A bit more wasteful in second half maybe and seemed to petulantly gesture to bench/stand when he misplaced a pass which was a bit disappointing.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, cif73 said:

I disagree somewhat. He threatened in the first half and had good effort on goal, well saved. A bit more wasteful in second half maybe and seemed to petulantly gesture to bench/stand when he misplaced a pass which was a bit disappointing.

Probably in response to some of the utterly disgraceful abuse he seemed to be getting from our supporters who seem perfectly capable of dishing out abuse to players yet seem incapable of getting behind the team at any point during a match. 

• Agree 6

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Probably in response to some of the utterly disgraceful abuse he seemed to be getting from our supporters who seem perfectly capable of dishing out abuse to players yet seem incapable of getting behind the team at any point during a match. 

Fair enough. I didn't hear it but can imagine.

Polworth played as a number ten in the first half as part of a 3-4-1-2 and I do thought he did pretty well on the whole - far better than last week and his previous stints on the wings.  In the second we went defensive and seemed to have him alongside Trafford in a 3-1-4-2 where he was much less effective.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Fair enough. I didn't hear it but can imagine.

It was ridiculous in the North Stand. The way some guys were carrying on you'd think Polworth had shagged their missus and stolen the microwave. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

The criticism of Polworth is misplaced. That's not to say that he is playing to his potential, but his "attitude" issues are nothing to do with a lack of effort or passion. Instead, it is an intense self-criticism that is his problem, so he lingers over the mistakes he makes instead of rectifying them. He might need a spell on the bench, but he certainly does not deserve abuse because it looks like he cares!

• Like 2

The only positive about that was we managed to take a point , as the game went on we looked more and more lost  and devoid of any attacking threat.

Let's not kid ourselves that we are happy with a 1 each at home to Morton.

Need vast improvement and quickly.

46 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Polworth played as a number ten in the first half as part of a 3-4-1-2 and I do thought he did pretty well on the whole - far better than last week and his previous stints on the wings.  In the second we went defensive and seemed to have him alongside Trafford in a 3-1-4-2 where he was much less effective.

Morton weren't prepared for that system & Polworth found loads of space in the first 20 minutes while Vigurs & Trafford controlled the midfield. We should have killed it in that opening spell but Duffy clearly saw what was going on & flooded the midfield. Morton were the better team thereafter & missed good chances in the second half. 

It was my first proper look at this team having only been at Stirling so far this season. Hats off to Robbo for changing the system - it definitely suits Polwarth and we look more able to create chances. Chalmers was more comfortable in a back 3 & Warren had a good game but McKay struggled. Neither wing-back made much of an impression, Trafford faded & Vigurs was good throughout. I wonder if he's upped his game or if he just looks better because he's surrounded by such mediocrity.

Oakley was very poor. If Susan is as bad as people are saying then we really need to sign someone to play alongside Baird or Bell. 

• Agree 3

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic