Scotty

I thought, in the first half against Morton, that we did what most teams do to us, we managed to break at pace from our own box and in two or three passes get a shot off. Last season we would have waited for the opposition to get back into their shape and try and play through their 11 by using pass after pass and getting nowhere. I thought that this was a vast improvement and got the fans more vocal. If we can have more of an end product with these tactics we should win more games this season. I also thought Trafford had a good debut although he faded towards the end.

Any notions of an SFA bias against ICT is laughable. The fact is that a lot of these referees just aren't very good, make mistakes and are very inconsistent. For a classic case of this look at Craig Thomson (Thompson?) the other week when he let a United player (Toshney) away with hauling down Calder but didn't book him only to, correctly, book one of our guys for a shirt pull. Both were yellow card offences yet only one was punished. It's nothing to do with some kind of anti ICT agenda, it's just erratic officiating. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Have to agree, the standard of ref decisions are inconsistent at best during a match and even worse between different officials. Often last season on the back of poor results we saw fans criticise the refs for decisions - some may have had an effect on the game but too often we lost because as a team we just weren't good enough on the day. This season so far it looks like the same situation - blaming erratic officials for defeats of poor results when we play badly and the ref is poor for both sides is just looking for a scapegoat because as a fan you feel its unfair to criticise the club/manager/players. 

Fair enough.

For me, though, since I can't attend games and can no longer see the  videos for "Overseas viewers", all of which I was able to view last season, I am  just asking a straightforward question as to  why the fans often say  on here  that the referee's  decisions against our team were ludicrous and unmerited which does seem a bit odd.

With the new Chairman now in place, and seemingly setting a much more realistic and  true course than his immediate predecessor, perhaps we can now win a few games despite "iffy" officiating. Thereby proving your point perhaps.:ictscarf:

13 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Fair enough.

For me, though, since I can't attend games and can no longer see the  videos for "Overseas viewers", all of which I was able to view last season, I am  just asking a straightforward question as to  why the fans often say  on here  that the referee's  decisions against our team were ludicrous and unmerited which does seem a bit odd.

With the new Chairman now in place, and seemingly setting a much more realistic and  true course than his immediate predecessor, perhaps we can now win a few games despite "iffy" officiating. Thereby proving your point perhaps.:ictscarf:

Fans and referees ?  It was always so.

Anybody watching the Manchester City v Everton match on TV  would see that  matches at the top level with highly trained professional referees  are not exempt from the wrath of spectators.

The point is that fans and pundits are seeing games through the very rose coloured glasses .  Remember the handball involving Meekings at Celtic , how the compensator would not shut up about it for at least an hour after the game.

My point is that  teams have their fate in their own hands if they play well and score goals,  No need to worry about refs.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic