Video footage and analysis

Moogthurso

Is there any reason we can only get to see the goals on the tv coverage?

Is it contractual or just a time and resources issue. 

When you think about the players we are buying and their ambition and hopes would it not be a big bonus to them to have good quality footage to show off later.

I would like to be able to analyse the tactics movement and touches etc from the  footage. Maybe pull together focus footage of each player to show off good and bad points and help balance some of the more acerbic views. Do we have access to all the stats collected by duncan shearer during the match. 

Surely in the digital age video editing could be done by a small team from here based anywhere the submitted to club for approval . Even at a subscription cost the value for the players and team profile would be value add. 

Any hope of justice and repatriation  for the caleyd? Can you give any advice on this?

Edited by Moogthurso

Lack of resource. The club was very lucky to have a group of willing volunteers to do a lot of stuff for them but now that number has, by all accounts, dwindled and the resource / time isn't there to offer the same scope of services.

Whilst I've been critical about some aspects of the media team there is no doubting the good work they did in raising the profile of the club. Now some folk have moved on the output has suffered. You need only look at the dearth of tweets from the club account nowadays (We still haven't announced the signings of Donaldson and Trafford AFAIK) and unfortunately the longer video highlights that we sometimes got on YouTube are part of that reduction in output.

The club has, in my view, taken advantage of the generosity of some of these folk. A social media presence is vital these days and this is something ICT need to seriously look at.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

TBH, its also a sign of the sad state of Scottish football that for several seasons Sportscene showed highlights from Championship games as well as Premiership but strangely that all stopped when 'The Rangers' got promoted - almost as though the lower leagues and smaller clubs no longer matter any more to the BBC or to the SFA beaks. Sadly the limited viewing audience and funding/advertising revenue probably limits the opportunity for an independent lower league highlights show these days a-la Scotsport (who?) - which is sad but we should be grateful to any highlights posted online or anywhere due to the lack of mainstream media looking at this league now. 

• Agree 3

Dont want to be grateful for highlights we know footage is taken and we need a team to edit.

Can that team not come from here. I am sure a certain canadian supporter would like to watch the whole game and help trim it and with other people supporting i am sure we could produce something decent from it. 

• Like 1

Plans are already underway to get the social and other media and online offerings back on track (without me having to dust off my editing prowess - or lack thereof) .....  The COO was pretty proactive on this one. I would give it a week or two to start seeing some results (hopefully)  .,

• Like 1