Not given my view on the morton game although it was one more point than i expected at this time but did want to comment on chalmers.

A lot of people praised him for being a lot better as part of back 3 and i think that is fair but the biggest difference for me was pace. 

There was two incidents where he kept up and tracked quotonga? At least a yard and a half faster than when he played in the preseason.  

Comms from warren kept him correct and he seemed tactically comfortable. His distribution was better with two wild passes but otherwise good.  

Just wondering if any one knows where he parked the caravan he was towing in previous games. Huge improvement and interested if others see the change in pace. 

Something to watch in future games. 

3 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Not given my view on the morton game although it was one more point than i expected at this time but did want to comment on chalmers.

A lot of people praised him for being a lot better as part of back 3 and i think that is fair but the biggest difference for me was pace. 

There was two incidents where he kept up and tracked quotonga? At least a yard and a half faster than when he played in the preseason.  

Comms from warren kept him correct and he seemed tactically comfortable. His distribution was better with two wild passes but otherwise good.  

Just wondering if any one knows where he parked the caravan he was towing in previous games. Huge improvement and interested if others see the change in pace. 

Something to watch in future games. 

TBH I'm still not convinced with him. His positioning at times let a number of balls to be played inside him  into more dangerous areas leaving Warren to be drawn over to cover. He should have been ensuring the inside area was closed so that the ball would have gone outside him into less dangerous areas.

Edited by caleyboy

TBH I think we are right to expect more from him based on having previous experience at both this and Premiership level. While he may improve over time with games, he's no longer a youngster and should be looking to establish himself and play regularly - barring any political fallout so far he's not shown enough to suggest he would keep Tremarco out of the team. Which then leaves us with a mid 20's player on a 2 year deal as an understudy? 

If hes a tremarco replacement.... 

Thought he looked much better as part of  three and although he had two bad passes and could have done with better positional sense for a new formation he done well.  Maybe a better centre than full back and that is our weakest position.  

Edited by Moogthurso

20 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

TBH I think we are right to expect more from him based on having previous experience at both this and Premiership level. While he may improve over time with games, he's no longer a youngster and should be looking to establish himself and play regularly - barring any political fallout so far he's not shown enough to suggest he would keep Tremarco out of the team. Which then leaves us with a mid 20's player on a 2 year deal as an understudy? 

I don't have a problem with having him as a backup to Tremarco - can't help thinking that the only reason we still have Carl at all is that he is out injured just now...otherwise someone would have taken him. After all, how long was Carl an understudy to Graeme Shinnie? Have to plan ahead...

Haven't been convinced by Chalmers at all, but hopefully will improve (as he did against Morton) as the whole team starts to gel properly.

It's still early days. Sometimes players don't automatically show their best from day one. Billy Mckay took about a year to become our go to goal getter.

Remember Eagles and Hayes were signed at the same time. Most in pre season thought the former was the one going to be the one to watch. Turned out Hayes was the star.

He might find he's better suited in time to being a left sided centre back than a full back. Sometimes a players best position only becomes apparent through trial and error.

17 hours ago, Robert said:

I thought he did OK against Morton. A couple of wobbles,  but most of our players had them!

If we stick with 3 5 2, will a Tremarco be part of the 3 or the 5?

Well he's played centre half before and left back and gets up and down the line a lot so I would imagine he'd be suited to wing back as well. A formation in which he could perform several different roles where required.