Caley Jags Together

caleyboy

15 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Does anybody know if CJT still exists? 

Try the Philosophy Department at the likes of Edinburgh or Oxford Universities. They have long traditions of examining the question of whether God exists so may be able to help with CJT. The only difference is that God doesn't have a 10% stake in ICT - which began to become quite evident during last season.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Yes they still exisit.

There has been a lot of work done behind the scenes.  Everything that needed to ge sorted out with compliancy has now been acheived.  The final piece is to confirm membership.

There were over 700 peole who have since 2012 paid their £1 for life.   However, to remain a member of a supporters society (which CJT is) these memberships should be renewed on an annual basis to keep the membership live.

Currently all registered members have or will sortly receive a letter of renewal.  Several hundred letters have so far been issued, we would really encourage anyone who has had their letter but has so far not returned it to do so.  As Charles quite rightly says we do have a 10% stake in ICT so its really important that CJT gets back on track.

To be able to do this we need our membership list updated then we will be able to call an AGM.

If anyone who has been a member and wants to renew could you please DM me and I will sent out the forms if you ave not already received them.

5 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

Yes they still exisit.

There has been a lot of work done behind the scenes.  Everything that needed to ge sorted out with compliancy has now been acheived.  The final piece is to confirm membership.

There were over 700 peole who have since 2012 paid their £1 for life.   However, to remain a member of a supporters society (which CJT is) these memberships should be renewed on an annual basis to keep the membership live.

Currently all registered members have or will sortly receive a letter of renewal.  Several hundred letters have so far been issued, we would really encourage anyone who has had their letter but has so far not returned it to do so.  As Charles quite rightly says we do have a 10% stake in ICT so its really important that CJT gets back on track.

To be able to do this we need our membership list updated then we will be able to call an AGM.

If anyone who has been a member and wants to renew could you please DM me and I will sent out the forms if you ave not already received them.

Thanks for that Highlandexile, much appreciated. Interesting to note that it is CJT that holds the 10% voting rights. Would it be possible for you to provide the names of the associations office bearers?

19 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

If you send me the forms I can make them downloadable here if you want ?

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Thanks for that Highlandexile, much appreciated. Interesting to note that it is CJT that holds the 10% voting rights. Would it be possible for you to provide the names of the associations office bearers?

That is quite an important piece of information, as part of the necessary clarification of the process by which a decision would be made about placing the 10% in the event of a shareholders' poll. CJT office bearers? CJT board? CJT general meeting? I would hope the last of these three.

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Hu Thanks for that Highlandexile, much appreciated. Interesting to note that it is CJT that holds the 10% voting rights. Would it be possible for you to provide the names of the associations office bearers?

the current office bearers are:   Liz MacRae (me), Hamish Wood, Laura Grant, Mairi Maclean and Alan Mair, we also had Rosemary Webb up till the end of the financial year as treasurer.  

10 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

well done Liz. I think we may be making progress.

To be fair to those who've worked hard to make it happen, we are now witnessing the progress that has been made quietly and without fuss behind the scenes. I agree, well done, not just to Liz, but to all those concerned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Caley Jags Together is the operating name for the ICT Supporters Society Ltd which are registered as an Industrial and Provident Society with the FCA : https://mutuals.fsa.gov.uk/SocietyDetails.aspx?Number=2665&Suffix=RS

As per the above page, no Annual Return/Accounts have been filed for year end 2016 and they are about due for 2017.

The society did not hold the AGM for their last trading year which was due to be held BEFORE the end of December 2016.

As per the information provided by Liz, there's only 5 board members (one of whom is beyond maximum permissible term of office).  This means they do not have a quorate/operational board.

What all of the above means is that the organisation is currently in abeyance and the ONLY mandate/power given to the Directors, as per society's own rules (whichever set they are operating under)*1, is to take actions to rectify the board situation.  They do not have the power/mandate to demand renewals (everyone previously a member remains a member until the society is brought back from abeyance; or is wound up)*2.  They do not have the power/mandate to represent the society at any ICTFC shareholder meetings until the society is brought back from abeyance.  They do not have the power/mandate to issue any public statements or present themselves as representatives of the society, in any way other than in connection with organisation of the general meeting called in order to bring the organisation back within it's own operating rules/standards.

Most importantly, the 108 shares which carry a 10% voting right, ONLY hold that right so long as they are held by the ICT Supporters Society Ltd.  If that organisation goes bust, the 10% voting right is gone...forever.

If the current board are unwilling/unable to call a general meeting and election in order to rectify the situation, then it falls to the members to protect the society and the voting right held therein.  It takes is 5% of members to submit a requisition for a general meeting to bring about change and install a board who will make it a priority to protect the voting right.

I'm not up to speed on the exact membership levels, but an exact number and details can be obtained by asking (as is any members right) to view the register of members which is/should be held at the registered address (the stadium).  If 700 as mentioned above, it needs 35 members to get the ball rolling on that.

*1 A general meeting of the society signed off on a new rule set in 2012, but it does not appear that these were ever successfully registered with the FCA.  As a general meeting has already given authority for them to be registered, no further meeting on the matter is required.

*2 As there is no annual renewal fee then the process is purely an administrative one designed to keep contact details up to date.  Non response does not give the board power to remove membership.

• Agree 3

I know that Don has made strong criticism of CJT previously. I am not particularly bothered about the history of the organisation but I am concerned about the future. The club is going through a critical rebuilding phase and there is a potential for some close shareholder votes which might shape the future of the club. If CJ T has a 10% voting stake then it is essential that the legitimacy of CJT to use that vote is beyond challenge both from a legal standpoint and in its representation of the fans views. It is clear that currently CJ T fails on both counts. 

It is therefore essential that the work Liz refers to addresses the points Don makes and we need an early and detailed response to his points to ensure that the functionality of CJT satisfies the legal requirements. Beyond that, we need to ensure CJT has mechanisms in place which actively seek the  views of its members. Whether that is done by current CJT Board members or by a new Board will depend on the willingness of others to put their names forward to serve.

It is always easy to criticise others, but a lot harder to actually do the work yourself. If supporters want the 10% voting stake retained then it is up to us all to play our part in ensuring that the future CJT Board fulfills its obligations better than it has in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

IMO this subject is so important for the future of OUR club. The 10% voting right is something which has basically been donated to the supporters and I would urge every Caley Thistle supporter to join CJT as soon as membership is due for renewal and is open to new members. Your membership could ensure that the supporters wishes are heard in the event of a shareholders vote. 

• Agree 4

On 27/08/2017 at 1:58 PM, CaleyD said:

Caley Jags Together is the operating name for the ICT Supporters Society Ltd which are registered as an Industrial and Provident Society with the FCA : https://mutuals.fsa.gov.uk/SocietyDetails.aspx?Number=2665&Suffix=RS

As per the above page, no Annual Return/Accounts have been filed for year end 2016 and they are about due for 2017.

The society did not hold the AGM for their last trading year which was due to be held BEFORE the end of December 2016.

As per the information provided by Liz, there's only 5 board members (one of whom is beyond maximum permissible term of office).  This means they do not have a quorate/operational board.

What all of the above means is that the organisation is currently in abeyance and the ONLY mandate/power given to the Directors, as per society's own rules (whichever set they are operating under)*1, is to take actions to rectify the board situation.  They do not have the power/mandate to demand renewals (everyone previously a member remains a member until the society is brought back from abeyance; or is wound up)*2.  They do not have the power/mandate to represent the society at any ICTFC shareholder meetings until the society is brought back from abeyance.  They do not have the power/mandate to issue any public statements or present themselves as representatives of the society, in any way other than in connection with organisation of the general meeting called in order to bring the organisation back within it's own operating rules/standards.

Most importantly, the 108 shares which carry a 10% voting right, ONLY hold that right so long as they are held by the ICT Supporters Society Ltd.  If that organisation goes bust, the 10% voting right is gone...forever.

If the current board are unwilling/unable to call a general meeting and election in order to rectify the situation, then it falls to the members to protect the society and the voting right held therein.  It takes is 5% of members to submit a requisition for a general meeting to bring about change and install a board who will make it a priority to protect the voting right.

I'm not up to speed on the exact membership levels, but an exact number and details can be obtained by asking (as is any members right) to view the register of members which is/should be held at the registered address (the stadium).  If 700 as mentioned above, it needs 35 members to get the ball rolling on that.

*1 A general meeting of the society signed off on a new rule set in 2012, but it does not appear that these were ever successfully registered with the FCA.  As a general meeting has already given authority for them to be registered, no further meeting on the matter is required.

*2 As there is no annual renewal fee then the process is purely an administrative one designed to keep contact details up to date.  Non response does not give the board power to remove membership.

I could reply to all the points but I will just pick up on the keys points so people know that things are happening:

With regards to item *1 - the rules that were given authority at the agm were rejected by the FCA.   Unfortunately errors were made and there were contradicting rules.  The FCA also rejected them as a they were not signed by a notary public or a solicitor at the time.  I ony joined the board last year and this as well as getting the annual returns going back to 2012 filed was the main job I took on.  Having been rejected by the FCA, Supporters Direct are assisting with getting the rules rectified, these can then be authorised at the next AGM and submitted in the correct manor to the FCA.

The annual returns for 2016 and 2017 can also be passed at the AGM allowing the annual returns to be submitted.

With regards to membership,  Suporters Direct advised that the best thing we should do first before having the AGM was to estable membership.  This is what we are trying to do with the renewal forms.  This is really important to do as we do require a more active membership.  The last AGM only just met quorum.

We are working very hard to get an AGM arranged and the process will be started in the next couple of weeks.  Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

A new board is needed due to several members on the current board having served for 12 years.  Don claims one member is over their maximum permissable terms, however, upon checking these are recomendations made by supporters direct and not actual rules.   The long established board members are more than happy to stand down, however, their positions are required to be filled.

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

IMO this subject is so important for the future of OUR club. The 10% voting right is something which has basically been donated to the supporters and I would urge every Caley Thistle supporter to join CJT as soon as membership is due for renewal and is open to new members. Your membership could ensure that the supporters wishes are heard in the event of a shareholders vote. 

There are over 700 members registered, we need these members to help us, either by being board members or by turning up at AGMs etc.  As you say its our club, we have a voice, lets use it.

• Like 1

Considering the last AGM just met the quorum,  Is it not possible to sign up new members before an AGM is called? In these turbulent times Liz you need as strong a voice as possible and the more members you have the better.

52 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Considering the last AGM just met the quorum,  Is it not possible to sign up new members before an AGM is called? In these turbulent times Liz you need as strong a voice as possible and the more members you have the better.

Totally agreed and fully intend to get membership open again prior to AGM, just trying to focus on geting all our current members details updated, get the accounts signed off by the accountant and getting wheels in motion for new office bearers and AGM date set.

Once all of that is completed we will get membership open.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

Totally agreed and fully intend to get membership open again prior to AGM, just trying to focus on geting all our current members details updated, get the accounts signed off by the accountant and getting wheels in motion for new office bearers and AGM date set.

Once all of that is completed we will get membership open.

Cheers

4 hours ago, highlandexile said:

I could reply to all the points but I will just pick up on the keys points so people know that things are happening:

With regards to item *1 - the rules that were given authority at the agm were rejected by the FCA.   Unfortunately errors were made and there were contradicting rules.  The FCA also rejected them as a they were not signed by a notary public or a solicitor at the time.  I ony joined the board last year and this as well as getting the annual returns going back to 2012 filed was the main job I took on.  Having been rejected by the FCA, Supporters Direct are assisting with getting the rules rectified, these can then be authorised at the next AGM and submitted in the correct manor to the FCA.

The annual returns for 2016 and 2017 can also be passed at the AGM allowing the annual returns to be submitted.

With regards to membership,  Suporters Direct advised that the best thing we should do first before having the AGM was to estable membership.  This is what we are trying to do with the renewal forms.  This is really important to do as we do require a more active membership.  The last AGM only just met quorum.

We are working very hard to get an AGM arranged and the process will be started in the next couple of weeks.  Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

A new board is needed due to several members on the current board having served for 12 years.  Don claims one member is over their maximum permissable terms, however, upon checking these are recomendations made by supporters direct and not actual rules.   The long established board members are more than happy to stand down, however, their positions are required to be filled.

Thanks, Liz.  That's a very encouraging response.  I think folk need to take particular note of Liz's statement that she only joined the Board last year and therefore she should not be held accountable for any shortcomings people may perceive in CJTs activities in recent years.  Full marks to Liz for being prepared to take on the difficult work involved in trying to get CJT up and running again.  She deserves our support for taking this on.

We really need to put any failings of the past well and truly behind us.  It is in the interest of any football club to have an active and representative fans group, but particularly so for ICT as we have the gift of a 10% voting stake in the affairs of the club.  But a successful and representative supporters group requires much more than the hard work of a small handful of people who are willing to give up their own free time.  It needs fans of all ages and backgrounds to do their bit.  Whether it is simply clicking on the agree or disagree button on a proposal posted on line, or standing for the Board, or a host of things in between, we all have it in our power to help make CJT the success it needs to be in order to help the club achieve the success we would all like it to achieve.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

45 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

a successful and representative supporters group requires much more than the hard work of a small handful of people who are willing to give up their own free time.  

Could not agree more but unfortunately that's how it always has been and I fear always will be. Its not a disease peculiar to ICT but its no less frustrating because of that. As a former supporters club committee member back in the days when we were in the lower leagues, I applaud anyone who sticks their head above the parapet far enough to try and move things along or make things better whether its an official body like CJT or a small group of people trying to get things done around the stadium. Some will appreciate the efforts, others will not, but without those folk our club, our our supporters would not be so well served. 

As for the rules ... of course they are important, especially as it relates to CJT and the 10% voting share that could disappear if things are not all above board and legal. I appreciate that Liz has only just joined, but - much like the criticisms thrown at the board - others have been there for longer and may have had some role in the malaise that set in. Whats important now is that we/they move forward in getting or re-establishing a strong supporters group that can represent a broad spectrum of our supporters be they young or old, near or far, socially active or just plodding along ..... 

If CTO can help in any way by distributing forms or making things available for download or highlighting any surveys, polls or disseminating info in any way then we will be happy to do so. There's even an option to setup a separate 'club' section in this version of the software that could - if required - allow this group (or any others that may be relevant - like travel clubs etc) to have its own space.  Wont go into detail but the info is here if anyone wants to read up on it : https://invisioncommunity.com/news/new-clubs-r1017/

• Scotty pinned and featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic