Caley Jags Together

caleyboy

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

It doesn't help when some of those who are not currently office bearers are sniping from the sidelines rather than contributing constructively.

If you are including Caley D in this, then I would say that, contrary to your thinking, Given the points and suggestions he made in his post I would say that he was trying to help in this issue not hinder.

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

It doesn't help when some of those who are not currently office bearers are sniping from the sidelines rather than contributing constructively.

I'm nonplussed at this. There's no sniping. There's constructive informed criticism from people who have previously invested a lot in cjt. That's all. 

10 hours ago, highlandexile said:

I could reply to all the points but I will just pick up on the keys points so people know that things are happening:

With regards to item *1 - the rules that were given authority at the agm were rejected by the FCA.   Unfortunately errors were made and there were contradicting rules.  The FCA also rejected them as a they were not signed by a notary public or a solicitor at the time.  I ony joined the board last year and this as well as getting the annual returns going back to 2012 filed was the main job I took on.  Having been rejected by the FCA, Supporters Direct are assisting with getting the rules rectified, these can then be authorised at the next AGM and submitted in the correct manor to the FCA.

The annual returns for 2016 and 2017 can also be passed at the AGM allowing the annual returns to be submitted.

With regards to membership,  Suporters Direct advised that the best thing we should do first before having the AGM was to estable membership.  This is what we are trying to do with the renewal forms.  This is really important to do as we do require a more active membership.  The last AGM only just met quorum.

We are working very hard to get an AGM arranged and the process will be started in the next couple of weeks.  Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

A new board is needed due to several members on the current board having served for 12 years.  Don claims one member is over their maximum permissable terms, however, upon checking these are recomendations made by supporters direct and not actual rules.   The long established board members are more than happy to stand down, however, their positions are required to be filled.

Liz, I know only too well what you inherited as chairman, but it was not without warning as we had met to discuss it prior to you taking up the position.  I also rejoined the board at that time in the belief that I could help rectify the ongoing governance issues, but despite reassurances that I would be supported in achieving that, none was forthcoming….here we are, more than a year down the line and still nothing has been sorted.

Those who came before you who also tried to impress the importance of sorting these things on other board members were driven out by those who refused to listen, or claimed to know better because they had been there longer.

I myself have been forced to resign twice and attach my resignation letters detailing the reasons, and to demonstrate to those who may have been informed otherwise that I have tried to make a constructive contribution.

In regards to the rules being rejected by the FCA...this happened whilst I was on the board prior to the above. The errors (minor errors in the template and the fault of Supporters Direct) were rectified and, under advice from Supporters Direct & the FCA did not need to go before another General Meeting for approval.  If either Supporters Direct or the FCA are now claiming otherwise, then the communication should be on the society's files to support what I have said.

Are/were Supporters Direct aware that you do not have a quorate board when giving advice on what to do with regards other matters?  If they were/are, then they are negligent in their advice as the rules (old and new) state that the ONLY thing a non-operational board can do is take action to hold a general meeting to rectify that situation.  Supporters Direct can only give advice based on the information they are presented with.

The 12year term may have been a recommendation from Supporters Direct, but if it is included in the society's rules it must be adhered to.  You can't just decide to ignore and/or remove rules on a whim or seek to change them retrospectively because they were only originally included on a recommendation.

Whilst I (nor any of my family) have received renewal letters, I have had sight of the letter which has been sent to others.  Nowhere in that letter does it state it is a renewal, it merely asks people to let the society know if their contact details have changed.  So there is no renewal process taking place, just some administrative work.  This means that anyone who was a member, remains a member....whether they receive a letter, reply or not.  As per the rules, non response is not a reason for cancelling someone's membership.

My comments are not snipping, having a dig or statements of opinion….they are the facts of the situation as it stands right now.  Things can be done with all the best intentions in the world, but if they are not done correctly then it brings further risk to the society and the fan’s voting righting held therein.

130804_ictss_resignation.pdf

160714_ictss_resignation.pdf

Good luck Liz, don't allow yourself to be detracted by negativity and I sincerely hope you are successful, knowing you as I do the only outcome can be positive as your love of the club is the primary driving force. 

• Agree 2

I personally thought caleyjagsforever had packed it all in, I've always found it odd when things on and off the field weren't  going well they always seemed to do a disappearing act a bit like some of the happy clappers

Anyway good to see CakeyD back he must have  had one of the best floral gardens in Sneck this summer

Dougal

• Disagree 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

do we have an update on this as we have heard nothing since august?

....since August, when some responses to questions about this organisation included the suggestion that those who were asking them were "sniping" or being unfairly impatient or the like.

It seems inconceivable that what is still one of Scotland's leading football clubs continues to suffer from the long term absence of an active supporters' organisation. The word was that the process of organising a CJT AGM would begin "in the next couple of weeks"... that was back on August 29th.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Good, pleased to hear that. The important thing was not necessarily to do it quickly but to do it properly.

agreed but when there is an extended period of silence people assume nothing is being done. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

On the strength of L_G's post, perhaps the best thing to do for the moment is to let things run without ongoing debate for a while.

i agree. i do however hope everything is in place before the club agm.

• Agree 1

I had promised to keep everyone updated unfortunately, i have had to step back due to the death of my grandson.

however, the wheels are in motion and an AGM will be held prior to the football club AGM

Notices are currently being sent out with the guidance of supporters direct. we are also looking for people to step forward to fill office bearer roles.

please bear will us, but i can assure everything is being done to protect the voting rights of CJT

Liz MacRae

Chairperson CJT

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, highlandexile said:

I had promised to keep everyone updated unfortunately, i have had to step back due to the death of my grandson.

however, the wheels are in motion and an AGM will be held prior to the football club AGM

Notices are currently being sent out with the guidance of supporters direct. we are also looking for people to step forward to fill office bearer roles.

please bear will us, but i can assure everything is being done to protect the voting rights of CJT

Liz MacRae

Chairperson CJT

Sorry to hear if your loss Liz, such sad events are far more important than any football matters. 

• Agree 5

• 4 weeks later...

I am very surprised that there has been no notice of or discussion about the AGM on here.  An email  came into my inbox late on Tuesday night to advise that the CJT AGM is taking place on December the 5th.  I don't know how many other people have or have not received notification but whilst I was keen to attend and provide active support to CJT, unfortunately I will not be able to attend  as I have another commitment which I am not prepared to cancel at short notice.

As an ex chairman of cjt, I would have expected notification of the agm but I have not heard anything. However I know how difficult it is to keep track of a membership database, so OK. Where and when? 

22 minutes ago, davie said:

As an ex chairman of cjt, I would have expected notification of the agm but I have not heard anything. However I know how difficult it is to keep track of a membership database, so OK. Where and when? 

19.00 on Tuesday 5th Dec at the Social Club, Greig St.

• 2 weeks later...

Long and short of it.....the society is currently in abeyance due to having insufficient board members.  An EGM will be held at some point in the future (no timescale was given) to rectify this and bring it back into proper operating order.

• Agree 1

• Scotty pinned and featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic