Caley Jags Together

caleyboy

7 hours ago, davie said:

Glover and others.  I think we can now safely say that the current Board of CJT seem either unable or unwilling to represent or inform the membership effectively or at all. There have been seven separate attempts to gain a response from them about what they have been doing on this forum alone in the last couple of months without success. Facebook and website queries are unanswered. It’s nearly dead but we can’t let CJT die and then start a rival supporters group because the voting right within ICTFC that is held by CJT would die with it. As Charles Bannerman says that’s the 3rd or 4th biggest bloc within the club and represents the people who make the club what it is. That can’t be allowed to disappear.

I’ve been in touch with SDS and asked advice on how to demit this Board in order that we can get CJT on an even keel and operating properly according to its objectives. The model rules (insofar as we know because CJT cannot or will not confirm what rules they are operating under)  state that the Board should be informed of the intention of the membership to call a meeting of the society and that the intention must be supported by 20 members or 5% of the membership (rule 32). The Board at present appears to dispute who are or are not members in their view but anyone with a fob, a £1 share certificate or membership number who paid a one off £1 would be regarded as members for this purpose. We therefore need 20 people to take this forward. If you can DM me on this forum, I can add your name to the list. As soon as we have the minimum number, we call the meeting which has the sole agenda of requiring the immediate resignation of the current Board (Liz MacRae, Cliff Sim, Laura Grant and any others) From the date of that meeting being called, the Board may not do anything – other than preparing for that meeting. It’s questionable if, after the way the AGM finished, they are allowed to do any business now that isn’t direct preparation for a Special General Meeting under rule 36.4 and rule 65.

It’s a damn shame it’s come to this but it’s not too late to do something about it. We will need people to serve on a new Board.  At present I’m talking to various people about how to move things on and there are ideas. We’ll put them out there after we have got the support to call an EGM and certainly before it happens so that the members can make an informed choice about what happens next.

Davie - or whoever - let us know what if anything CTO can do to help in terms of info, distributing forms for download, or as mentioned before about having the "club" section within the site. I would probably get more involved if I lived closer, and I was hoping there might have been a meeting while I was back in December but sadly not .... but happy to do what I can from afar ......

I believe the new version of the forum software (currently in beta stage) may even allow membership fees to be paid online and sent onwards to a third party (ie. not through us) but I do have to get more info on that as if thats possible we could extend that service to any (legitimate) groups who may need to have a membership page and an easy way to collect membership dues, send renewals etc.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Davie - or whoever - let us know what if anything CTO can do to help in terms of info, distributing forms for download, or as mentioned before about having the "club" section within the site. I would probably get more involved if I lived closer, and I was hoping there might have been a meeting while I was back in December but sadly not .... but happy to do what I can from afar ......

I believe the new version of the forum software (currently in beta stage) may even allow membership fees to be paid online and sent onwards to a third party (ie. not through us) but I do have to get more info on that as if thats possible we could extend that service to any (legitimate) groups who may need to have a membership page and an easy way to collect membership dues, send renewals etc.  

Thanks Scotty. appreciated. 

At the end of last year I was motivated to try and do something to sort out the mess that is Caley Jags Together.  I contact Supporters Direct on the 21st December, but did not receive a reply until 27th January....a reply which gave NO information other than a list of excuses for not having got back to me sooner.

I came in for a great deal of criticism at the end/turn of the year (and in the past) for trying to change things....and that's fine, people are entitled to disagree.  However, what people are not entitled to is spreading malicious and defamatory lies...and even worse, to do so in the background where they can't be challenged and held to account.

Had Supporters Direct come back to me sooner with the information I had requested then maybe I would have had something to pass on to people and deflect the criticism....but they didn't and by the time they did I had already made the decision to step back from it all, so I never followed up with them any further.

Over the last 10 years I've forgotten what it's like to just go along to football and enjoy (or otherwise) what's happening on the pitch.....so I plan to get back to doing just that, for now.

On 2/21/2018 at 10:21 AM, Kingsmills said:

I confess that I started out with a great deal of sympathy for the current office bearers for a number of reasons.

However, with months and months passing without any information or any impression that anything is being done with any sense of urgency to retrieve the situation I confess that that sympathy is now wearing thin.

This is increasingly my viewpoint.  Seems to me, that some people joined the board, simply to say they were on the board and yet do none of the work.  Also, I thought I was a life member (like everyone else).  Now it turns it that I'm not a life member at all and in fact my membership has been taken off me along with everyone else.  Sorry folks, but that doesn't really make me want to re-join.

Like any committee a lot of people put a lot of work in, much of it unappreciated. Others were there simply to say they were there or to pad some CV and yet more may have had some personal reasons that overtook this as a priority.  Some doubtless had disagreements, jealousies or other issues with each other. Some behaviour was not always professional or acceptable. Members who thought they were yearly members then thought they were life members, and members who thought they were there for life find out they are not .... in other words its a feckin mess !

But one thing should remain at the forefront in everyone's mind ---- this organisation has a 10% voting stake in our club that is in danger of being lost if this does not get sorted out.

So there's a line. lets draw one in the sand and concentrate on moving forward.  Many of those previously involved with CJT in the past have posted in this thread and I know some were working behind the scenes to get info and try to move things forward. they should be applauded even if they kept hitting brick walls and facing scorn when they tried. 

Davie is the latest to try and grab this whole thing by the scruff of the neck. Lets get behind this effort and see if we cant finally move it forward. I have said it multiple times and will say it again. I will try to help where and when I can within the constraints put on me by distance. I offer resources, and a platform to get the communication across to people. I offer a home for CJT within a feature of the site we have not yet used ('Clubs') be it on a temporary or permanent basis. By all accounts, the club face difficult times ahead and if we the supporters want any say in what happens along the way we simply cant sit back and let 'someone else' do things ... it wont get done and 10% say is gone at some point. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

So there's a line. lets draw one in the sand and concentrate on moving forward.  

That would be ideal, but for long enough now it's been difficult to reconcile on the one hand claims in the background that everything is in hand with CJT with, on the other hand, the complete lack of evidence to that effect. What we need is a formal, public statement of exactly where this organisation is, whether or not it exists in any practical or legally meaningful way and what the status is of a 10% voting right which legitimately belongs to the supporters and reflects investment of over £1.2 million of the assets of the founding parties, Inverness Thistle FC and Caledonian FC, in the club over 20 years ago.

On that particular subject, a 10% stake in the club would currently cost less than £450,000 - well below what the original merger partners invested for what has become that very same 10% voting power. There is a counter argument here, and it's the one I understand was used from within the club to persuade the late Ian Fraser to sell his 300,000+ shares to Sandy Catto for rather less than £1 each (shares which, via Highland Hospice, now reside with Alan Savage and the McGilvray family). That argument was that the club was in such bad nick at the turn of the millennium that the shares were effectively worthless so should be disposed of for much less than their purchase price. I have an idea what the eventual figure was, but am not confident enough of that to state it here. However if you apply the mark down in question to that £1.2M, which is also "pre-meltdown money", you still arrive at a figure which, pro rata, is well in excess of what anybody else has had to pay for their voting rights.

In other words, we have this ironic situation that the contribution made by the original founding fathers of this club is worth far less in terms of influence than any other subsequent contribution.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I know I said this last year.  Shouldn't the current board be trying to find out who controls this sizeable share of the voting rights?

An AGM or EGM would descend into chaos if a vote could be swung by someone claiming to have control of that 10%, but no one could verify whether they actually had that voting power.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

That would be ideal, but for long enough now it's been difficult to reconcile on the one hand claims in the background that everything is in hand with CJT with, on the other hand, the complete lack of evidence to that effect. What we need is a formal, public statement of exactly where this organisation is, whether or not it exists in any practical or legally meaningful way and what the status is of a 10% voting right which legitimately belongs to the supporters and reflects investment of over £1.2 million of the assets of the founding parties, Inverness Thistle FC and Caledonian FC, in the club over 20 years ago.

It is clear that this particular ship seems rudderless and based on snippets of information it appears that the erstwhile umbrella body that should be able to offer guidance and/or governance is struggling too due to the exit of key personnel ... so waiting for a statement from anyone looks to be somewhat pointless. If they are not rudderless and are instead choosing just not to say anything or to issue a statement publicly, on their website or on here then that is even worse and smacks of either arrogance or incompetence given the length of time and number of times a clarification has been requested by their membership. 

Don was ready to try and get things going before Christmas but it came to nothing for the reasons he has mentioned in regards to the delays from supporters direct. Regardless of your personal opinion of him, we all know he is like a dog with a bone when he does get his teeth into a subject, but after many years of service to this site, to the club in both and official and unofficial capacity, and to CJT he has decided to step back from his roles on all fronts and concentrate on himself for a change so that mantle must fall to someone else. Davie has stuck his head above the parapet so in my opinion we should get behind him and try to move things forward. 

Provided everything is done in a proper fashion and looks to be headed in the right direction then all should be good. I honestly do not care who runs the organisation but it has to be transparent and responsive to its membership which it has not been to now.

As for anyone claiming control over the 10% - cant see how that can be done until we (as supporters and/or members of CJT) can verify whatever needs verified which should be part of that whole process.  

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

This is increasingly my viewpoint.  Seems to me, that some people joined the board, simply to say they were on the board and yet do none of the work.  Also, I thought I was a life member (like everyone else).  Now it turns it that I'm not a life member at all and in fact my membership has been taken off me along with everyone else.  Sorry folks, but that doesn't really make me want to re-join.

bear with us rene, it will get sorted. wr need people like you 

folks, I'm grateful for the support. I'll make it clear now that I want neither office nor a long term role in this. the most important thing therefore is to get people on board who are willing and able to form a new board that will operate in the interests of the fans. People have already expressed an interest. a modernised and streamlined cjt has a crucial role to play this season and beyond. 

• Agree 4

There seems to be a lot of naval gazing going on

All teams in this league consider themselves too good for it ( Brechin  City  excepted)  -    There are positives to the season , but we tend to dwell on the negatives.   In football just keep the flag flying there is always another season.

Did  anybody really want to make the play-offs , hand on heart.  To perish on the rock of Partick, Ross County , or Hamilton.  Even if the Gods smiled on us , Next season would be a nightmare.  WE need to rebuild  has have St Mirren  , and go up with a good side. .  I am glad we seem to have avoided a play-off at the other end of the table.  Raith Rovers or similar would not be easy.

Edited by Laurence
Must apologise for this post not being in the correct place. am not very good at this sort of thing.
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Laurence said:

There seems to be a lot of naval gazing going on

All teams in this league consider themselves too god for it ( Brechin  City  excepted)  -    There are positives to the season , but we tend to dwell on the negatives.   In football just keep the flag flying there is always another season.

Did  anybody really want to make the play-offs , hand on heart.  To perish on the rock of Partick, Ross County , or Hamilton.  Even if the Gods smiled on us , Next season would be a nightmare.  WE need to rebuild  has have St Mirren  , and go up with a good side. .  I am glad we seem to have avoided a play-off at the other end of the table.  Raith Rovers or similar would not be easy.

This post has nothing to do with CJT. Can we please keep the thread on topic.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/04/2018 at 12:33 PM, TheMantis said:

I see no ships :laugh:

Sorry :hiding02:

40 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

AW! What a missed opportunity, which I only spotted now on reviewing this thread, but better late than never......

As Admiral Nelson said: "Well I see no ships!!!"

Well, they do say old age never comes alone...

at least I had the decency to apologise for mine :laugh:

51 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Well, they do say old age never comes alone...

at least I had the decency to apologise for mine :laugh:

Apologies! I just looked at a 2 month old post and replied.... never thinking that someone else had made the same post a couple of days previously.

Like Admiral Nelson.... I kind of took my eye off the musket ball.

• Funny 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic