IRN BRU CUP : AFC U20s v ICTFC : Ticket Info

ICTFC

What sort of team will we put out? Let's face it, nobody gives a hoot about this tournament until the final, so it's typically a good chance to experiment a bit and give some fringe players a run out. But we are also still trying to get the team playing better and this is a good opportunity to get more practice at the basics. So I wouldn't expect many changes at all.

We should be in it to win it, full strength team - a trophy is always good and builds a positive & winning mentality - afterall that's the philosophy of Jose Morinhio as he values the English League Cup when others see it as Micky Mouse and his records pretty decent. 

• Agree 1

TEAM NEWS

Carl Tremarco returns to the squad and is available for selection. Gary Warren is out but will return to training next week, Zak Elbouzedi and Aaron Doran remain out. Collin Seedorf is out and will travel to Glasgow on Monday to find out the full extent of an ankle injury which he picked up in a bounce game on Tuesday. 

Tremarco - Great that he is back. 

Warren - Glad he is looking like being back for St Mirren game. 

Elbouzedi - When will we see him? 

Doran - Santa might deliver him repaired in time for new year I hope. 

Seedorf - Bounce game on Tuesday? 

Hopefully Tremarco gets at least part of the game to help him back to match fitness.

I know some fringe p,Yers will start, such as Donaldson, so will be interesting to see the line up. Like others, I think we should field a strong team aimed at getting a strong result and boosting confidence.

What about:

Ridgers

Raven Elsdon Donaldson Tremarco

Trafford

Polworth Vigurs Calder

Bell Oakley 

Edited by Robert

21 hours ago, Caman said:

Seedorf - Bounce game on Tuesday? 

A 3-0 win against an army team at Fort George. Tremarco played.

There is a game against Clach lined up for Wednesday too according to the press.

1 minute ago, standbydave said:

Whats with the "Hope we lose" post. I would take a win against the sheep in anything

Any supporter who wants their club to lose is a moron and not really a supporter at all.

• Agree 5

We are not playing the sheep; we are playing their reserves. In a competitive match. It's embarrassing and the less we have to do with this competition the better. We should play our youths as well.

1 hour ago, PumpFake said:

We are not playing the sheep; we are playing their reserves. In a competitive match. It's embarrassing and the less we have to do with this competition the better. We should play our youths as well.

Stop embarrassing yourself m8.  You've had an absolute nightmare on here lately.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

:laugh:

The day I get embarrassed by something I post on an anonymous internet forum is the day I give up. Enjoy the trip to Brechin tomorrow Renegade - you are a better fan than all of us.

I want the best for the club. My view is that the rewards for succeeding in this tournament are insignificant when compared to the loss of prestige from taking part in the competition and - more importantly - the potential for injuries to key players adversely affecting our chances of meeting our key goal this season - getting out of this league. For example, thanks to an unnecessary extra fixture this week, we have lost Collin Seedorf for at least a month.

Renegade - you are indeed a better fan than me. I hope you enjoy the game. But you are also a better person than the one who has shown himself in this thread - dishing out insults such as "moron" and "embarrassment" to someone who simply has a different viewpoint is rather childish.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, PumpFake said:

The ICT youths are playing Banks O'Dee in thr Scottish Youth Cup tomorrow at tcs - not in Brechin so going along tomorrow.

'Hope we lose'? Pathetic!

Remember last time we won the Challenge Cup? We won the 1st Division & got to semi-final of Scottish Cup...with a certain J Robertson in charge...any victory builds confidence & is a springboard to kicking on in the league..

If you want us to lose, don't bother coming along to the games...

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Remember last time we won the Challenge Cup? 

If you want us to lose, don't bother coming along to games

Before the cup became a circus, yes.

In the last decade, only one team have won the challenge cup and the league in the same season: Rangers, who had a much deeper squad than we have this year.

I am not in attendance today either.

15 hours ago, PumpFake said:

I want the best for the club. My view is that the rewards for succeeding in this tournament are insignificant when compared to the loss of prestige from taking part in the competition and - more importantly - the potential for injuries to key players adversely affecting our chances of meeting our key goal this season - getting out of this league. For example, thanks to an unnecessary extra fixture this week, we have lost Collin Seedorf for at least a month.

Renegade - you are indeed a better fan than me. I hope you enjoy the game. But you are also a better person than the one who has shown himself in this thread - dishing out insults such as "moron" and "embarrassment" to someone who simply has a different viewpoint is rather childish.

Rubbish - even Sevco took it (kinda) seriously when they were in the lower leagues, did enjoy when our very own John Baird scored extra time winner against them for Raith in the final a few years ago..

Rangers could afford to take it seriously because they had a much larger squad than we do and it was a competition they had never won. We have barely named a full bench today. And again, the final you mention was before colts and foreign teams were shoehorned into the competition. When Hearts destroyed this league a few years ago they were knocked out of this competition after losing 4-1 to Livingston in the early rounds - they played their youngsters.

I have not once criticised people who want us to win today, but have simply stated why it may be beneficial for us to lose. 

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Rangers could afford to take it seriously because they had a much larger squad than we do and it was a competition they had never won. We have barely named a full bench today. And again, the final you mention was before colts and foreign teams were shoehorned into the competition. When Hearts destroyed this league a few years ago they were knocked out of this competition after losing 4-1 to Livingston in the early rounds - they played their youngsters.

I have not once criticised people who want us to win today, but have simply stated why it may be beneficial for us to lose. 

Treat it as a friendly game then - no true fan would want us to lose, whatever the game..

If we did lose, can you imagine the negative press? Not to mention the confidence the team have had recently being destroyed!

I don't really care who is in the Irn-Bru cup, we are a Championship club at the end of the day, same as the rest.

Plus the fact, we wouldn't have had a game Today otherwise, due to the internationals!

At least there won't be any flares or smokebombs going off today (hopefully)...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

Treat it as a friendly game then - no true fan would want us to lose, whatever the game..

If we did lose, can you imagine the negative press? Not to mention the confidence the team have had recently being destroyed!

I don't really care who is in the Irn-Bru cup, we are a Championship club at the end of the day, same as the rest.

Plus the fact, we wouldn't have had a game Today otherwise, due to the internationals!

At least there won't be any flares or smokebombs going off today (hopefully)...

If I were Robbo, I would have played youth players and fringe players. Then no one would have bothered too much had we lost, Ridgers' confidence wouldn't have been damaged by conceding twice against children and we would not have lost a key player for a crucial league game. 

The only positive that came out of today was Tremarco's return. Hope he can start next week now.

With a team comprising a raft of new players from all over,  this game is a good punt for all concerned.

Team gelling, remembering where other players are on the park, allowing John Robertson to continue to assess his options and keeping players active and mobile, in order to help him and them, not to mention allowing previously injured players to get back in the groove, I see/saw this game as a very good opportunity to allow ICT to  start to blend as a team and continue to develop.

In these few circumstances alone it's also important for fans to assist the club by being positive and so stating that you hope the team will lose is plain nonsensical and rather ridiculous. Every loss downs the spirit of the players and every win raises it , however slightly that may be.......... Large trees from little acorns grow.

A win and progress today, I see,  plus a boost in confidence for the fans, the Manager, the Chairman  and simply the whole club. It's the only way to get ourselves up and off the carpet , upward bound dearies.:wave:

• Agree 2