IRN BRU CUP : AFC U20s v ICTFC : Ticket Info

ICTFC

19 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

If I were Robbo, I would have played youth players and fringe players. Then no one would have bothered too much had we lost, Ridgers' confidence wouldn't have been damaged by conceding twice against children and we would not have lost a key player for a crucial league game. 

The only positive that came out of today was Tremarco's return. Hope he can start next week now.

Was not getting through to the next round a positive as well? Really don't get where you are coming from - we aren't a premiership club now (we'd be playing an under 20s team in the cup then), we are a championship club - deal with it.

As for Ridgers - he isn't a child & I'm sure he will know if he's made a mistake for the goal...he should learn from that mistake (as he would if it had been a friendly).

We should go with a view to winning every game, PumpFake - it doesn't matter who's out on the park in front of us, be it a friendly with Clach, Aberdeen u20s or Celtic 1st team...the mentality should be the same.

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text

2 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Was not getting through to the next round a positive as well? Really don't get where you are coming from - we aren't a premiership club now (we'd be playing an under 20s team in the cup then), we are a championship club - deal with it.

As for Ridgers - he isn't a child & I'm sure he will know if he's made a mistake for the goal...he should learn from that mistake (as he would if it had been a friendly).

I respect your opinion but I don't agree. We are indeed a Championship club but we should not think in those terms - anything that may get in the way of promotion should not be given top priority, especially when we have such a small squad. Perhaps it is quite an abstract opinion but it's one I believe in and have evidenced. If it were a friendly, we would not now have a player suspended for our next league game.

I have made my point and won't continue to make it, you'll be glad to hear ?

15 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

I respect your opinion but I don't agree. We are indeed a Championship club but we should not think in those terms - anything that may get in the way of promotion should not be given top priority, especially when we have such a small squad. Perhaps it is quite an abstract opinion but it's one I believe in and have evidenced. If it were a friendly, we would not now have a player suspended for our next league game.

I have made my point and won't continue to make it, you'll be glad to hear ?

Think we will have to agree to disagree on that....promotion is, of course, the main goal - you're 100% correct about that - but it's not a case of either/or - we should go out to win every game - success breeds confidence

3 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

With a team comprising a raft of new players from all over,  this game is a good punt for all concerned.

Team gelling, remembering where other players are on the park, allowing John Robertson to continue to assess his options and keeping players active and mobile, in order to help him and them, not to mention allowing previously injured players to get back in the groove, I see/saw this game as a very good opportunity to allow ICT to  start to blend as a team and continue to develop.

In these few circumstances alone it's also important for fans to assist the club by being positive and so stating that you hope the team will lose is plain nonsensical and rather ridiculous. Every loss downs the spirit of the players and every win raises it , however slightly that may be.......... Large trees from little acorns grow.

A win and progress today, I see,  plus a boost in confidence for the fans, the Manager, the Chairman  and simply the whole club. It's the only way to get ourselves up and off the carpet , upward bound dearies.:wave:

From what i have seen so far I don't think our new chairman needs any confidence boost SP

• Like 1

:laugh: That's great, Caley Boy.

But intelligence isn't enough and in our current situation enthusiasm is  energising and uplifting. He may be the top of the heap right now  but he also surely is hoping and praying  that it continues. Sotto voce like and a wee bit under the radar as well. No point in tempting fate, eh?  :clapping:

On 2 September 2017 at 3:03 PM, PumpFake said:

Rangers could afford to take it seriously because they had a much larger squad than we do and it was a competition they had never won. We have barely named a full bench today. And again, the final you mention was before colts and foreign teams were shoehorned into the competition. When Hearts destroyed this league a few years ago they were knocked out of this competition after losing 4-1 to Livingston in the early rounds - they played their youngsters.

I have not once criticised people who want us to win today, but have simply stated why it may be beneficial for us to lose. 

Have to agree here the competition has been devalued since we last won it , playing in front of 175 punters in Brechin against a team of youngsters does not inspire any one. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost money yesterday travel costs etc.

Surely there must be more productive ways of utilising an International break than travelling to Brechin (again) to play against a youth team. 

• Agree 1