CLUB STATEMENT : Supporter Behaviour at Brechin

ICTFC

On 05/10/2017 at 5:21 PM, Adamskibeats said:

I don't think the board are backtracking at all - think they are giving these guys a second chance, which they would be well advised to take. 

The neddish behaviour is completely out of order, personally, I think Graeme Rae is being fairly magnanimous here. 

Going to a game & vandalising seats/buses & online abuse is something these guys could end up with a criminal record for - nobody wants that. Hopefully the ban has made them realise that 'actions have consequences' that could have been worse for them. 

If the ban is lifted, after this dialogue, they cone back, enjoy the game (although in fairness, that's hard to for any of us right now!) & behave themselves, that's the best outcome.

• Agree 2

From the board statement

"The two ladies that run the supporters’ trust and the buses have been vilified by these fans online. (Using) abusive language and expletives and they should never be put in that position. We feel we’ve taken the right action.

"They raised a charter against us and said they weren’t coming back. I believe the following week, a number of them went to Ross County and were ejected again. We know who the ringleaders are and they’ve not been discreet online."

These aren't real Caley fans are they?...they're idiots (and somewhat unpleasant ones at that) who've attached themselves to the club, and make trouble. Sounds like a very small group, who need to be kept out until, and if they learn some commonsense and good grace. The rest of the young supporters in the group should be actively encouraged to come and make the noise they do.

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, PumpFake said:

Erm, it's quite simple. The board are clearly in the process of reversing their position of banning people from the ground.

No, as has been said above, they are giving people a second chance and, as again has been said above, they will be well advised to learn their lesson, take that chance and behave in future otherwise I think it could be some time before they are offered a third one.

• Agree 1

On 08/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, Kingsmills said:

No, as has been said above, they are giving people a second chance and, as again has been said above, they will be well advised to learn their lesson, take that chance and behave in future otherwise I think it could be some time before they are offered a third one.

Exactly - there's a world of difference between enthusiastic young fans who make plenty of noise & support the team (a good thing) and wee neds who shout abuse, let off flares, vandalise a bus & abuse people online (a bad thing).

If I was a young fan (can't really call myself. 'young' any more, in all honesty...), I'd be annoyed at being lumped in with the group who caused the recent trouble - it's not all the 'young fans' who caused this....

13 minutes ago, jagster said:

It was good to see a couple of the young uns and their flags and drum on Saturday hopefully one or two more will start coming back 

The drummer needs a bit more practice though :smile: