Sign in to follow this  
ICTFC

CLUB STATEMENT : Supporter Behaviour at Brechin

Recommended Posts

Kingsmills    3,279
33 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

The first I've heard of damage in the ground being caused is in the club statement nothing has been mentioned before this. Can brechin prove this conclusively because whilst attending the dons game last week there were seats in a dangerous condition throughout the stand not just in the corner the indcidents took place and no attempt by brechin or its quality stewards to cordon these off a week later. 

Grow up and accept that we have responsibility. Brechin are a decent, hospitable community club and it's entirely proper that they should not be out of pocket through the actions of a few irresponsible idiots from our fan base.

It's not a hanging offence and we all did stupid things when we were young but it's time to accept responsibility and move on.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MorayJaggie    4

I'm not referring to the behaviour with this post.  The area is at in last Saturday was the opposite side of the stand to where the young lads were and there were several broken seats in this section in fact there were broken seats throughout the whole stand are brechin charging us for all of them. My other point is there were no warnings or cordoned off seats or any stewards or club officials directing fans away from thsee broken seats. So surely brechin must be held account for allowing paying fans into a facility that isn't safe. It can't be one rule for one and one for another. As others have said they want a safe match day experience Brechin failed to provide this last Saturday. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Council Juice    382

Quite simple really, the law and match conditions clearly state no pyrotechnics.  Any ground in the country. Therefore if people choose to use them at grounds then they should accept the consequences of breaking the conditions (and henceforth the contract accepted on purchase) such as being ejected or banned. It's their call. Don't do the crime if you can't take the time.

It's the same as sneaking substances into festivals. Feel free to try but if you get caught it's no one's fault but yours.

According to the most recent statement on the official site, damage was caused to the ground for which Brechin have billed our club. If you're doing that, then you're a walloper and good riddance. You're giving the other fans a bad name. You're giving fellow "young team" and "ultras" a bad name. Those that know the difference between fun and vandalism. Atmosphere and loutish. You're not a "lad", you're a goat.

As to drums and singing and banners and flags, the more the merrier. The more noise the better. Pyro has never been needed to create atmosphere in grounds in the UK before so, unless you're just crap at the aforementioned, it's not required now.

Get behind the team, make all the noise, be creative, come up with songs and drum beats and chants. And icelandic style claps or Highland war cries. But follow the fairly reasonable rules and you'll not get bother. And if stewarts at away grounds ask you to stop, ignoring them or arguing won't work. Wish it would sometimes...:lol:

And as for Rangers and Celtic fans getting away with murder. It's not about them, it's about us.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ictchris    872

These statements are absolutely awful.  Just utterly dreadful.  Your heart sinks when you see them come up.

 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yngwie    3,259

At the game v Done U20s there WAS a section of seating cordoned off in the stand behind the goal, it was covered in tarpaulin or such like. It was at the hedge side of the stand. I have no idea if this is related to the damage alleged to have been caused by our fans, just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ymip    224

Yngwie - the cordoned off sections were evident at both matches and had no relationship or proximity to the "incidents".  Moray Jaggie is absolutely correct that there were damaged seats all over the stand nowhere near where the incidents took place.   I personally had to move seats at both games due to the state of the seating.

Like Chris a little bit of me dies every time the club issues a statement these days - needless, knee jerk and utterly depressing.  However, these statements pale into insignificance when compared with the absolute state of our hand wringing/bed wetting contingent, falling over themselves to berate the youngsters or anyone who tries to add a bit of context to events that have been blown out of all proportion by the club, media et al .   

 The board's time would be better spent investigating how we've found ourselves post-window with a plethora of defenders who can't defend and strikers who couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jingsmonty    196
46 minutes ago, Council Juice said:

Quite simple really, the law and match conditions clearly state no pyrotechnics.  Any ground in the country. Therefore if people choose to use them at grounds then they should accept the consequences of breaking the conditions (and henceforth the contract accepted on purchase) such as being ejected or banned. It's their call. Don't do the crime if you can't take the time.

It's the same as sneaking substances into festivals. Feel free to try but if you get caught it's no one's fault but yours.

According to the most recent statement on the official site, damage was caused to the ground for which Brechin have billed our club. If you're doing that, then you're a walloper and good riddance. You're giving the other fans a bad name. You're giving fellow "young team" and "ultras" a bad name. Those that know the difference between fun and vandalism. Atmosphere and loutish. You're not a "lad", you're a goat.

As to drums and singing and banners and flags, the more the merrier. The more noise the better. Pyro has never been needed to create atmosphere in grounds in the UK before so, unless you're just crap at the aforementioned, it's not required now.

Get behind the team, make all the noise, be creative, come up with songs and drum beats and chants. And icelandic style claps or Highland war cries. But follow the fairly reasonable rules and you'll not get bother. And if stewarts at away grounds ask you to stop, ignoring them or arguing won't work. Wish it would sometimes...:lol:

And as for Rangers and Celtic fans getting away with murder. It's not about them, it's about us.

Couldn't have put that better myself - genuine fans, please...Neds, stay away...

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jingsmonty    196
4 minutes ago, ymip said:

Yngwie - the cordoned off sections were evident at both matches and had no relationship or proximity to the "incidents".  Moray Jaggie is absolutely correct that there were damaged seats all over the stand nowhere near where the incidents took place.   I personally had to move seats at both games due to the state of the seating.

Like Chris a little bit of me dies every time the club issues a statement these days - needless, knee jerk and utterly depressing.  However, these statements pale into insignificance when compared with the absolute state of our hand wringing/bed wetting contingent, falling over themselves to berate the youngsters or anyone who tries to add a bit of context to events that have been blown out of all proportion by the club, media et al .   

 The board's time would be better spent investigating how we've found ourselves post-window with a plethora of defenders who can't defend and strikers who couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo.

The club received an official 'unacceptable conduct' letter from the SFA - doing nothing wasn't an option....we would be berating the board for sticking their heads in the sand if they'd not taken any action.

Personally, I don't have a problem with what the club have done, they didn't have much choice in the matter

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    309

When have the SFA ever issued a fine to a club for their supporters behaving badly in the manner ours allegedly did? Strict liability is not something the governing bodies in this country want to implement otherwise they'd be fining the old firm every week. The idea that we would have been landed with a huge fine if the club didn't ban people is nonsense.

Edited by PumpFake
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ymip said:

  However, these statements pale into insignificance when compared with the absolute state of our hand wringing/bed wetting contingent, falling over themselves to berate the youngsters or anyone who tries to add a bit of context to events that have been blown out of all proportion by the club, media et al .   

 

There's possibly only one thing that saddens me more than the anti-social behaviour in question and that is the apologists who seem to be queueing up in support of a bunch of troublemakers who have been creating well documented problems for a considerable period of time. My main regret here is that there wasn't a more pre-emptive strike on this months ago. For goodness sake, these wee neds have been a thorn in the flesh of this club for long enough in addition to causing offence under the law of the land and that of the football governing bodies. The law has been broken, other supporters' match day experience has been repeatedly spoiled and, especially during the lengthy period of inaction, Inverness Caledonian Thistle has had a bad reputation for anti-social supporter behaviour forced upon it. This problem needed sorted and now some action has at last been taken. Defending these people on the grounds that they make some kind of virtuous noise is absurd. Football is a sport and not a dustbin for social malaise.

Meanwhile the irony of the whingeing we are now reading about club statements is palpable. Complaints about lack of communication and board inactivity have been loud and long. However the response of some to the far more proactive and forthcoming board policy seen of late appears to be to complain about that as well.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rasczak    106
55 minutes ago, ictchris said:

These statements are absolutely awful.  Just utterly dreadful.  Your heart sinks when you see them come up.

 

They are awful, awful that they have to be made due to the criminal behaviour of these 'supporters'. I would hope that these consequences will make it clear to others that may have thought about such behaviour that it will not be tolerated, prevents it happening again and so helps improve the atmosphere.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

The laughing stock of Scottish football, ICTFC: https://mobile.twitter.com/Oldfirmfacts1?p=s

There is no finer endorsement of what you do, especially in the area of supporter behaviour, than to have it criticised by those with an interest in the Old Firm :cheer01:Confirmation, if any was needed, that what the board have done is the correct course of action against these undesirables.

As the Lord High Executioner said: "They will none of them be missed.":smile:

 

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    309

I hope everybody offended by their actions will be reporting everyone heard swearing at all home and away matches going forward. The fact that the club gives bad language as a reason for banning people is a total nonsense. 

Edited by PumpFake
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Facepalm 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rasczak    106
10 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

I hope everybody offended by their actions will be reporting everyone heard swearing at all home and away matches going forward. The fact that the club gives bad language as a reason for banning people is a total nonsense. 

^^^^^^^^^

Thinks F-Bomb is exactly the same as a Smoke Bomb. :frustrated01:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    309
3 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

^^^^^^^^^

Thinks F-Bomb is exactly the same as a Smoke Bomb. :frustrated01:

Have you read the statement? Our board seem to think themselves the Morality Police. I quote:

"They are a particularly vocal group of supporters, something that we have no concerns with, providing, going forward, they temper their language..."

"All supporters are expected to behave in a respectful way at all times."

 

Edited by PumpFake
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rasczak    106
Just now, PumpFake said:

Have you read the statement? I quote: "They are a particularly vocal group of supporters, something that we have no concerns with, providing, going forward, they temper their language..."

"All supporters are expected to behave in a respectful way at all times."

Yes, I also understood it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
old caley girl    1,139
Just now, PumpFake said:

Have you read the statement? I quote: "They are a particularly vocal group of supporters, something that we have no concerns with, providing, going forward, they temper their language..."

"All supporters are expected to behave in a respectful way at all times."

Think this is in reference to a particular song which was sung at Brechin? 

Were you there to hear it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    309
12 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Think this is in reference to a particular song which was sung at Brechin? 

Were you there to hear it? 

If it is a reference to that song, why would they not make that clear instead of opening the club up to the ridicule of fans of other clubs who now view us as a bunch of prudes? I wasn't there - how many of our supporters set off smoke bombs?

To clarify, I believe that it was the right course of action to ban the person who set off the smoke bomb.

Edited by PumpFake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
old caley girl    1,139
2 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

If it is a reference to that song, why would they not make that clear instead of opening the club up to the ridicule of fans of other clubs who now view us as a bunch of prudes? I wasn't there - how many of our supporters set off smoke bombs?

To clarify, I believe that it was the right course of action to ban the person who set off the smoke bomb.

I think the bans are in response to behaviour not swearing although I conceed statement does not make that clear. I think there were x 3 episodes of smoke bombs? One of the young female stewards was also subjected to verbal abuse. I understand there is cctv evidence of what happened. 

I dont care if we are being ridiculed really. Im glad the club have taken action against vandalism smoke bombs etc 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ictchris    872

Putting anything in inverted commas in an official statement is an embarrassment, it reads like a church parish newsletter.

Just idiotic.  if the club are reading this, instead of putting a statement out for whatever no-mark occurrence has happened just mash your hand on the keyboard and hit 'send'.  it can't be any worse.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RiG    2,208

A statement that had to be made but yet again the content and the tone of it is appalling. The continual use of quotation marks around certain words in the statement like "ultras" and "supporters" make it look like nothing more than a cheap shot at a group of supporters in an effort to belittle them. It's totally condescending and will only succeed in driving them way from the club completely. You can disagree with how some of these young lads support the team, and I am not condoning what is alleged to have taken place, but to issue a statement like that does the club no favours at all and makes them look like the are looking down on these lads and that is absolutely pathetic.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adamskibeats    56
4 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

That Dundalk one is probably the best for me. Clear and concise.

Until some responsibility is taken for the OTT behaviour then the club arranging a fans meeting  would be pointless though. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenaitchie    15
19 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I think the bans are in response to behaviour not swearing although I conceed statement does not make that clear. I think there were x 3 episodes of smoke bombs? One of the young female stewards was also subjected to verbal abuse. I understand there is cctv evidence of what happened. 

I dont care if we are being ridiculed really. Im glad the club have taken action against vandalism smoke bombs etc 

Noone - not even stewards go to work to have to put up with verbal abuse but the line has to be drawn at pushing them around - that lassie should maybe have been swapped with another steward but noone has the right to lay a hand on them... And yes I was at the match and yes I saw that first hand..

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.