Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Scotty    1,778
ball

THE MATCHDAY THREAD

Discuss ICT & other games in this thread as they happen
ball
home team logo

Aberdeen U20 -V- Inverness CT

away team logo
2nd Sep @ 3PM, Glebe Park, Brechin
twitter icon Follow us on Twitter
facebook icon Follow us on Facebook
chat Go to the Chatroom
ie

Media Coverage

 
ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW
 
Tweets by @ICTFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scotty    1,778

POY poll and other updates will not be posted until later today (unless one of the other mods gets to it). going to be away from computer all day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kingsmills    3,284

Glad we are treating this competition seriously and putting out a strong team. Would still much prefer it to be midweek and for us to be continuing on league business today especially after getting a bit of much needed momentum last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cif73    241

OFW not even on bench. If he is fit, he remains an expensive drain on our meagre funds. Hope he uses this weekend frozen out of the Wales set-up to seriously ponder where his career is headed. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hiro    214

Disappointed to lose a goal.  Described as a 'horror show'.  Donaldson shortish with a pass back and Ridgers panicky clearance cannons off Aberdeen player into the net.  

This type of goal surprises no-one.  If OFW is still at the club get him in Nets. Hopefully Warren is fit next week too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hiro    214

4-1 now.  Carl Tremarco with the goal. Absolutely delighted to see him back, he'll make a massive difference to the defence (and hopefully chip in with a few goals again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+bughtmaster    811

Aye and I bet he is delighted as well, so pleased for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    310

Trafford now suspended for next week's crucial league game. So glad we played a full strength side!

Screenshot_20170902-164833.jpg

Edited by PumpFake
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaleyMax    121
39 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Trafford now suspended for next week's crucial league game. So glad we played a full strength side!

Screenshot_20170902-164833.jpg

Not sure what team you support?.......do you??????

Edited by CaleyMax
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    310
Just now, CaleyMax said:

Not sure what team you support?.......do you!!!!!!!

I am an ICTFC fan. When the manager makes naive decisions then I will express my view on that. We have lost Seedorf and Trafford to injury and suspension in the last week due to such decisions.

I am glad we saw the return of Tremarco today - hopefully his return shores us up at the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MorayJaggie    4

He was red carded for his reaction to an absolute howler of a tackLe by the aberdeen no 11. I Don't blame Trafford for the way he reacted 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muzzy    3

I would rather we played a strong team and get a confidence boosting result along with progressing in a cup rather than embarassingly lose to an U20 side

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jingsmonty    197
Just now, Muzzy said:

I would rather we played a strong team and get a confidence boosting result along with progressing in a cup rather than embarassingly lose to an U20 side

100% agree with that - we have previously won this cup & I had a great day out at McDairmaid park - despite PumpFake wanting us to fail, I hope we can get a good run in the Irn-Bru cup &, who knows, win it! Happy omens if we did - last time we did, we won the league & promotion to the Premier (along with a Scottish Cup semi final) with a certain J Roberston in charge. ..

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    310
1 minute ago, Muzzy said:

I would rather we played a strong team and get a confidence boosting result along with progressing in a cup rather than embarassingly lose to an U20 side

Fair enough, but you're completely missing my point. Our goal should be to get out of the league and anything that makes that less likely should be deprioritised, in my view. As I posted in the other thread, it is rare for a team to win both competitions in a single season - only Rangers have done it in the last decade, with a much bigger squad than us. Looking at the other results of the big clubs who have been relegated recently, Hearts were knocked out of the Challenge Cup at the first hurdle and ran away with the league. Dundee United won the Cup last year and are still in the Championship this year.

If we have to sacrifice the calf to keep the cow alive, we should do so. I will say no more on this as it's clear that it is not a popular opinion amongst the happy-clappers on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

When the manager makes naive decisions then I will express my view on that. 

Your personal experience and powers of judgement must indeed be vast if you are in a position to describe the manager's decisions as "naïve".

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PumpFake    310
2 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Your personal experience and powers of judgement must indeed be vast if you are in a position to describe the manager's decisions as "naïve".

Charles, playing a bounce game against a bunch of Army cloggers which has resulted in Seedorf's injury was naive. Keeping our only holding midfielder (who was on a booking) on the pitch today when the game was won was also naive. I struggle to see how anyone could argue against that.

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muzzy    3
13 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Fair enough, but you're completely missing my point. Our goal should be to get out of the league and anything that makes that less likely should be deprioritised, in my view. As I posted in the other thread, it is rare for a team to win both competitions in a single season - only Rangers have done it in the last decade, with a much bigger squad than us. Looking at the other results of the big clubs who have been relegated recently, Hearts were knocked out of the Challenge Cup at the first hurdle and ran away with the league. Dundee United won the Cup last year and are still in the Championship this year.

If we have to sacrifice the calf to keep the cow alive, we should do so. I will say no more on this as it's clear that it is not a popular opinion amongst the happy-clappers on here.

I agree our main aim is of course the league but it doesn't mean we shouldn't make the effort at this stage in the season in a cup competition. A defeat today would have been a shocker and to keep confidence high we want to keep winning games.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ymip    224

Very much a game of two halves.  First half we looked pretty comfortable and had all but put the game to bed against a pretty shaky Dons side. Second half was very disappointing and highlighted how weak we are in defence. We also appear to lack a cutting edge up front. The goals we're scoring are coming from midfield. 

 As far as I can see we have signed some very average players and look particularly fragile at the back. Communication  between a very unconvincing keeper and similarly limited defenders looks very suspect and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency.

Good to see Tremarco back and scoring. 

One player I do like the look of is Trafford but his needless reaction to an appalling tackle from Frank Ross which led to a red card for both players was totally unnecessary and hugely frustrating. 

I'm praying for an away game in Ireland in next round. Only chance of European football we're likely to experience for the foreseeable future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.