Tad harsh on Ridgers methinks. No chance whatsoever with their last goal. Is he being used as a scapegoat for the faults in this team? He was not aided and abetted in the least by our defence which  was  in a disorganised shambles , poor positioning, etc. Tackling was absent or chaotic with the St Mirren boys running rings round them to score at will.  Caley were no match for these young lads  who were determined, aggressive, confident, very fit and enthusiastic as heck. Wow!

John Robertson should come completely clean on the OFW affair. Remaining silent is foolish and not right.

Maybe Ridgers needs an emotional  rest as much as anything. He seems to be athletic enough so  maybe the Manager and Trainer need to give him more help!!! . How about a session or two with a goalie coach?  Oh, I forgot, there is no money for that kind of thing probably. Better to just blame Ridgers instead I suppose? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I am all for giving the new manager and players time, but if there are any petty personal squabbles between players or coaches, they must be put aside for the benefit of the club.

100% agreed. Let's not allow pride/stubbornness create a re-run of Foran/Fisher where a key player is benched/excluded to the detriment of the club/league position.

On 09/09/2017 at 10:55 PM, Steve G said:

Do you honestly think any Professional Player would honestly sit out at any club by his own choice?

OFW lost his Wales spot due to Robertson refusing to play him again while he's the manager, no player on this earth would purposely refuse to play knowing there International squad place could be at risk and especially with the World Cup around the corner.

Be Realistic please fellow ICT Fans!!!!

If this is true, certainly goes to show that there are 2 sides to every story - that's not the impression I got from the season ticket holder open evening.

Does make sense though - I did find it a bit strange that OFW didn't seem to be keen to play for us or accept an offer to move to another club, due to the situation with his place in the Welsh squad - he's always come across as being genuinely proud & honoured to be picked & sitting around on a Saturday afternoon won't be helping..

I kinda hope that OFW goes public with his side of the story, if it's another Foran/Fisher situation, that's just not acceptable. 

We really do need to hear both sides of this story, but I suspect we never will...

Fan is a shortened version of fanatic. It is hard to be fanatic about a team that will probably just survive in this Divisions.

Something has to be done it is no good expecting fans  to continually pay to watch the demise of the team they love.

If the goalkeeping problem is about management pride, it is not acceptable

• Agree 1

Reading the posts, another sad day in the decline of a team that a little over 2 years ago finished third in the top division and won the cup.

I couldn't believe how bad we were last season : albeit only went to a handful of matches towards the end of the season.

Things do not appear to have improved : annoying thing is that none of the teams in the championship are any great shakes but we seem unable to get our act together even at this level.

too much pessimism. We are a completely different team now, and you have to accept that. So we are starting all over again. We have defensive problems, but Robbo, as he said in the interview, is well aware of that. However, there is some promise in other areas of the pitch. We will improve, but I don't think it is unrealistic to consider us a mid table side at the moment, with the possibility that we can build on that and move up over time. This is the beginning of a new project, our previous success is now history. But there is no reason that it won't be an exciting ride once again, given a bit of time. Look at the St Mirren comments, they are far more positive than our own doom mongers!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Facepalm 1

Our next two games are against teams round about us in the league at present, so will tell us a lot.

Two wins and we could be on the up, two defeats and a battle looms. 

Hopefully we get our first home league win on Saturday. 

Edited by Robert

13 hours ago, Robert said:

Our next two games are against teams round about us in the league at present, so will tell us a lot.

Two wins and we could be on the up, two defeats and a battle looms. 

Hopefully we get our first home league win on Saturday. 

The thought of another relegation battle really doesn't bear thinking about.........

Surely things must improve?

Anything really surprising? St Mirren are emerging as a decent side with lots of home-grown youngsters (now there's an idea!) making an impact. Did anyone expect a result there? In retrospect, scoring twice must be a pretty hopeful sign, and it's obvious to everyone that the defence is a problem to solve so let's assume Robbo and team are onto it.

St Mirren have taken a couple of seasons to regroup after relegation. We might need something similar. Not ideal, but if it's a way back, it's a way back. And would you really fancy seeing Celtic or Aberdeen launching attacks at that defence next season?

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Anything really surprising? St Mirren are emerging as a decent side with lots of home-grown youngsters (now there's an idea!) making an impact. Did anyone expect a result there? In retrospect, scoring twice must be a pretty hopeful sign, and it's obvious to everyone that the defence is a problem to solve so let's assume Robbo and team are onto it.

St Mirren have taken a couple of seasons to regroup after relegation. We might need something similar. Not ideal, but if it's a way back, it's a way back. And would you really fancy seeing Celtic or Aberdeen launching attacks at that defence next season?

St Mirren have also had a manager in there now for several months with a long term plan. Something we haven't really had for a couple of seasons now. Their signings have been with long term progression in mind compared to our sticky plaster approach to new players.

Edited by RiG

Yes. Taking two seasons to recover from relegation, get in new players and train and school the latter to a high and repetitive  rhythmic tempo is about right.

However, If Caley Thistle get in the groove, make considerable progress and again start to look like a Premier league team, then they simply can't let up or they will start to slide and that's when the real rot will set in. I hope John Robertson  is working hard in the dressing room putting the fear of death into the team about easing off and letting slack, non aggressive and determined play ruin the season.

The question is :-    Is this conglomeration of new players up to the task of understanding how vital it is to work very hard to allow us to  get back in the groove,  regain self-confidence and pride by winning matches successively with great effort ? Because if not, it's unlikely that we will be going up again into the Premiership at the end of this season.

I would love to hear JR's view on this, his advising us exactly what his  vision is for the reclamation of ICT as a very strong, well trained and determined team --ready for the upward  surge and ready to STAY in the Premiership when promoted. Just winning this rather second rate league (compared to the teams in the Premiership)will not be enough, Caley's goal must be higher than that.:notworthy::clapoverhead:

On 15/09/2017 at 7:16 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Because, if we can get back up then we must make sure we stay there.

we WERE an established top flight club until our chairman at the time thought he knew better than yogi and effectively sacked him.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Because, if we can get back up then we must make sure we stay there.

Not a chance in Hell that we will get back up this season. Unless we can get an investor and a new manager we will be a long time in the lower divisions, and I don't mean the Championship. I said it before that our club had been ruined by Ritchie and his blarney along with our chairman who believed all his talk. I liked JR first time around but he took over a successful team and listening to him now, I  think he is a little bit lost. Big changes are needed NOW.

Anybody want to disagree with this??

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, caleyboy said:

we WERE an established top flight club until our chairman at the time thought he knew better than yogi and effectively sacked him.

Hughes chucked it after we didn't let him talk to Dundee Utd. From that point on, he was working his ticket. 

Not saying there isn't any blame attached to the board, but it isn't all their fault. 

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic