ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

matchday thread up nice and early.

going to be out of the house pretty much all day Saturday with various commitments. Will try to get the various updates, POY poll etc up later in the day unless one of the mods manages to get it done :) 

Going for a 3 1 win today. 

Think its the start of a run as polworth really starts to gain confidence. Hope fans stay of his back long enough to let us get on top.

I assume Trafford is playing and hope we play three centre backs with lcb being chalmers as i think his pace compliments warren more than elsdon and the morton game we looked a lot more secure with that sort of system. 

Think we will score goals. 

Putting thermals on now before the game. 

1 minute ago, Yngwie said:

We've heard lots of reasons given for our pishness this season. At what point do we question whether the manager is part of the problem?

I started to ask that question for the first time today. At least Richie appeared animated on the touchline like he cared. Mark my words we are sleepwalking to another relegation unless our porous defence and shot-shy midfield/attack wake up and smell the coffee. 

• Agree 1

Happy clappers are still going to root around for positives, those who live in the past with the rose tinted glasses will say robbo needs time etc etc.

Today we were awful, the team is low on quality all over the park with no creativity, no cutting edge, a defence that looks like they've never met before and a keeper who's out of his depth at this level. The plan of clearing out and signing a load of jobbers at this stage looks to be a huge mistake.

Let's hope the board learned from last year and will act of things don't improve soon before its a lost cause of a play off place.

• Agree 1

First league game I've seen. Verdict: We're going to be battling at the wrong end of the league.

The heart of midfield is fine (Trafford, Vigurs, Polworth) and Bell is lively, but the rest are poor and the centre halves are a shambles. We had a lot of possession and transition was good, but tried to walk it in from 18 yards. Played some decent stuff in the first half but fell apart in the 2nd and barely threatened. All 3 goals involved missed headers at the heart of the defence: Not good enough. After we went 3-1 down, Livi were first to every ball.

Weak.

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, SMEE said:

Im thinking its more a case of a massive lack of quality....especially in Midfield. Poorest ICT team ever, from back to front

The centre of our midfield is not our problem.

1. We have nothing up front. Baird is as poor a striker as we have ever had. Oakley is not close to being at this level at the moment, needs to lose weight to improve mobility and work on touch and movement. The lack of anything up front is stifling the midfield

2. Rule 1 of  avoiding relegation - don't lose goals! The same defensive shape issues from last season still exist. We watch the ball and don't match runs. If the only thing we do for the next three games is sort out defense and draw 0-0 then this will put in place what we should have sorted this time last season

Connor Bell did fine considering his age, etc today. Apparently Cooper was playing for us. Missed that (did anyone actually see him on the pitch).

Our bench gives nothing option wise. Hopefully we will get more players back from injury soon

6 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Going for a 3 1 win today. 

Think its the start of a run as polworth really starts to gain confidence. Hope fans stay of his back long enough to let us get on top.

I assume Trafford is playing and hope we play three centre backs with lcb being chalmers as i think his pace compliments warren more than elsdon and the morton game we looked a lot more secure with that sort of system. 

Think we will score goals. 

Putting thermals on now before the game. 

Right score wrong team. We were sharn today plain and simple it's beer time again. Football Is driving me to drink :wink:

41 minutes ago, SMEE said:

Im thinking its more a case of a massive lack of quality....especially in Midfield. Poorest ICT team ever, from back to front

Certainly not in the centre of midfield anyway.The trio of Polly, Trafford and Vigurs are the only part of the team that looks acceptable to me  We have a keeper who costs us at least a goal a game. The defence in front of him have no confidence in him and can't defend set pieces(All 3 goals today came from set pieces). Our wide players are mostly anonymous and our forwards are toothless barring the bright spot that is Connor Bell. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

This season we've now had 8 games against teams in this league and we've only beaten Brechin (and even they are above us in the league based on results as they currently stand). 

Far too early to pull the trigger but if things are no better by December the board will have to be much more proactive than they were last season.

Robbo has had one decent spell as a manager almost a decade and a half ago but he has no track record at all of recruitment having been fortunate last time around to inherit the fantastic squad of players assembled by Steve Paterson who, by that time, pretty well managed themselves.

I realise he was working in constrained financial circumstances but those players he has recruited, particularly in defence, including the goalkeeper, have been woeful.

He was not at fault for losing his job at Hearts, he quit at County and quit again at East Fife who again were playing very poorly.

He does deserve more time, at least another two months but, if things are no better then, then a decision needs to be made instead of just letting things drift and hoping for the best like last year.

Relegation into the Championship was a bad enough blow but to then drop down another division would be catastrophic, leading inevitably to part time football.

It almost happened to St Mitten last season and would have had they not made a timely managerial change. I sincerely hope that we don't but, should we find ourselves in that position come December we will have to do the same.

That said, I don't want to see a manager sacked and hope that in two moths time the improvement in the team will make such thoughts redundant.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Pointless slating sub-standard signings for being sub-standard. They're simply churning out performances commensurate with their ability and the salaries we're offering. The outrage is that someone within the club has felt it appropriate to shell out two and three year contracts to guys who are quite simply never going to get us into promotion contention but that again seems to be in line with Yogi's recent comments regarding board members calling the shots on signings. I guess as we plummet through the divisions one or two of these players might ultimately find their level but wouldn't count on it. 

It was fantastic while it lasted but I think we are clearly raking over the dying embers of our meteoric climb from Highland League to Scottish Cup glory and should probably try to get our heads around a future consisting of part-time  lower league obscurity. A truly grim proposition but seemingly inevitable unless we see fundamental regime change and significant investment in the club by a wealthy benefactor with cash to burn.

Robbo has clearly taken on the gig on the basis that he'll work with whatever squad the club can throw together so is probably safe until the point they opt to throw him under the bus and install another patsy who accepts to work with the dross they've assembled on and off the park.

• Agree 1

Worse than anything Foran dished up last year At least he could use the excuse that the quality of the opposition was a step up from the team that easily turned us over today.

Absolutely rank rotten today , give the game up with still half an hour to go. Never once saw Roberston out of the dugout trying to motivate . Honestly the 3 stooges we have in the dugout Robertson, Rice and Kellacher look like they should be running a pub team.

Only Vigurs and Bell offered anything today the rest were f.....ing terrible and that is being generous.

• Agree 2

How many times have I seen ICT come out from the start and be on top of the game, for 15 to 30 minutes, and not score, only for our opposition to go up our end and score with ease. It happened so many times last season and it's the same this season. Once their second goal went in we lost everything,  our shape, our will and every second ball. Towards the end of the game we were just kicking it aimlessly up the park, not even able to string two passes together. It looked like we were the team winning 3-1, just coasting to the end, instead of sweating blood for the cause. I have given the players and manager the benefits of the doubt so far, as a new team that needs to gel, but, the team needs to give the supporters something to cheer about, and today's offering was unacceptable. For me, only Vigures, Polworth, Trafford and Bell get any pass marks for their first half display . It's going to be a long hard season and at this moment, I would take surviving in this league as our number one target.

• Agree 3

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic