Our Signing Strategy

14 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that players like Ridgers, Cooper, Baird and Chalmers, who we knew were rubbish before we signed them, have actually turned out to be rubbish after we signed them!

Agreed we should have just given some of our youth a chance. I'm sure that the combined wage of any 2 of the above could have been used for a more capable senior player plus a youth player. Too much average dross across the whole park.

Dont agree with this at all.

Seedorf, Zak, Trafford ,Calder, Bell , Oakley when fit all look like decent prospects at this level who will develop. 

Polwarth is now being Used correctly.

Chalmers I think has had a couple of decent touches and looks fitter than the first few games. 

Think Ridgers baird, and elsdon are very suspect.

This is a much better ratio than last years donkeys to winners ratio. 

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2

Need to get stronger opposition for pre season judging trialists on games against forres, clach and nairn just isn't good enough. I'll admit thinking Chalmers looked tidy enough even after getting ran ragged first 45 against forres by a new signing from Inverness city.

26 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Dont agree with this at all.

Seedorf, Zak, Trafford ,Calder, Bell , Oakley when fit all look like decent prospects at this level who will develop.

Those players have collectively had about one good game between them and one has only played in a single friendly match.

• Agree 1

On 17/09/2017 at 5:01 PM, mikeyrob73 said:

There's a strategy? 

Aberdeen's used to consist of signing our best players for nothing either directly from us or indirectly via another club.

They are now going to have to come up with a new one. We, for our part, don't seem to have a strategy at all other than signing random mediocre players who are willing to play for a very few hundred pounds a week and who nobody else wanted to touch.

I said this on another thread, but my hope us that some of these players are soon to be pushed for a 1st team slot by the up & coming youth players - can't throw all the youths in at once, obviously, but there are a few players who seem a bit too 'safe', in that they will be playing in the team no matter how sh#*e they were last week.

Main worry is the length of deals (Trafford & Seedorf aside, who both look like good prospects) some of these players have been given...but perhaps Robbo feels he can get something extra out of them (which is possible, I suppose)..