5 Year Plan

Anyone who still thinks we can return to the Premiership this season is deluded!!

I am hoping that within the next 5 years we can get back into that league, and that is being optimistic.

Most businesses, career minded folk and such like have 5 years plans.

I think that would be a target timescale to get our club back in a steady position, financially, coach and management wise and squad wise. 

If we did get back into the Premiership we would simply get pumped rotten every game. I would much rather we stabilise and then look to get back to the pedestal we have fallen off in an almighty way.  

We must also remember that our recent successful patch in the top league was the time that Sevco, Hibs and Hearts were in a bad way.

Edited by Guest

Sorry but if we are still mixing it with the likes of Brechin after 5 years then we will probably be playing part time football.

Its hard enough to bring in the crowds and investment when we were regularly playing Celtic , Rangers and Aberdeen can't see it happening any time can you.

The crowd was given as 2007 yesterday the punters are already starting to drift away . We somehow need to get into the top 4 to at least give ourselves a chance of promotion back to the top league.

6 hours ago, Caman said:

Anyone who still thinks we can return to the Premiership this season is deluded!!

I am hoping that within the next 5 years we can get back into that league, and that is being optimistic.

Most businesses, career minded folk and such like have 5 years plans.

I think that would be a target timescale to get our club back in a steady position, financially, coach and management wise and squad wise. 

If we did get back into the Premiership we would simply get pumped rotten every game. I would much rather we stabilise and then look to get back to the pedestal we have fallen off in an almighty way.  

We must also remember that our recent successful patch in the top league was the time that Sevco, Hibs and Hearts were in a bad way.

sorry, but we have NEVER been financially sound.

6 minutes ago, Fraz said:

If we don't get this Tulloch stand handover done and dusted soon I fear things will get much worse.

Anyone know the timescale for that? 

September or October was quoted, but it is just the stands and not the car parks though.

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

sorry, but we have NEVER been financially sound.

Ironically in such times, this reminds me of the state of being "disgruntled". I've forgotten who said "I'm not disgruntled, but I'm not gruntled either" but a parallel sort of applies here. That's because, since the turn of the millennium financial crisis, most of the time it's been a case of neither being financially sound nor unsound either. There has been no debt, but it's often been a case of surviving on windfalls to keep the books more or less balanced. Many clubs are in a less sound position than this. The problem arises when something about the operation of a club goes internally wrong and the fine financial balance is unable to survive the resulting shock. I really am wondering what the accounts, which will presumably become available in a couple of months or so, are going to say this year. I'm also wondering how much of the 500,000  new shares we learned a month ago were on the point of being issued are a quid pro quo for any bailings out of last season and how many represent genuinely fresh money for this season - and who has acquired them?

Companies House posted a Return of Allotment of Shares document two days ago (Fri 15 Sep) but that only shows an extra allotment of 250 shares since March 1st. The up to 1.1M, including the 500,000 allegedly spoken for, don't seem to appear yet. The Companies House stuff also indicates that David Cameron resigned from the board 10 days ago on September 7th, leaving a current board strength of four. This happens to be the same date as against these 250 shares. Whether the two are related, I just wouldn't know.

Edited by Charles Bannerman