Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Go to LA for your holidays

... and I dont mean Laurel Avenue !

I monitor a bunch of websites to maximise my travel opportunities and one of them has this offer today that might be of interest ... not sure how long the price will last .... Inverness to Los Angeles for £271 all-in !!!

http://www.secretflying.com/posts/inverness-scotland-los-angeles-usa-271-roundtrip/

That's an incredible price, although the downside is the 41 hour duration, including a 20 hour stop in Amsterdam which could easily add a few hundred quid to the cost! :wink:

When I first posted it I think the layover was 12 hours (overnight). These deals fill up fast. There were lots of options for routes including via Toronto, New York, and London. 

It gets frantic when they post ‘error fares’. A couple of weeks ago we actually booked round trip Toronto to Dublin for all three of us for $327  including taxes but we were too late and the airline did not issue tickets. We figured we could easily go from Dublin to Glasgow or Inverness reasonably cheaply. A similar experience a few days later but to Amsterdam this time for $750 for all three of us. Again, those folk who got booked early enough got their tickets but we missed the boat ! (Or plane).