Scotty

The performance was what it needs to be at this point and not what we want it to be.

After being easy to score against since the last year we need to become harder to break down. All three centre midfielders were deployed more conservatively than in previous games and in general we looked more solid.

From this basic we will need to progress however it is worrying if we have to depend on Oakley and Baird. I don't think we have had a weaker front line in any previous season.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

OFW kept us in the game with a couple of good saves. Luckily Queen of the South are as woeful as us in the strike department and rarely threatened. Despite this they looked the most likely to score on several of their charging responses. We however continued to misplace passes, punt balls forward to two of our smallest players ( Baird, Bell) and never looked like scoring,which I believe is the point of football and not playing not to lose !!!!!!

Edited by MuirtownJaggy
  • Agree 1

Just got in

People round me mostly to a fan said " The worst match they can remember "

It was pretty dire

Player of the match  was our goalkeeper .

That sums it up. , Two first class saves  .

We had no weight up front , nobody to challenge with any force.   No real shot or header on target

A blind man on a galloping horse could see we need a big centre forward above all else. Now we seem to have the custodian situation sorted

For  the fourth match in a row in my opinion we were second best overall . Something will have to be done . The Mr  Micawber character   from the book David Copperfield,   famous saying was he was waiting for something to turn up. Is Robbo from the Micawber     school of philosophy. I wonder

• Agree 1

Positives from the match. With OFW back in goal and Raven and Tremarco in defence and the woeful Chalmers not, we looked a little less frail at the back and kept a rare clean sheet.

Negatives from the match, too many to mention in full but include the fact that we are wholly ineffective in attack and failed to have a single shot on goal or even a single attacking move that looked remotely like bearing fruit.

Positives in general, the fact that Brechin are in the division and will probably save us from coming last.

Negatives in general, where do you start ? Probably with the fact that every other team in the league, with the exception of Brechin, are, whilst not necessarily that much better than us man for man, are all much more organised, much better coached and, even the part timers, look fitter and more committed. We all knew that the players we brought in were poorer quality than the ones that departed. We all knew that, with so many new players, the team would take time to gel.

The really worrying thing is that, with the first round of fixtures nearing completion, we are no better than we were pre season and the manager looks bereft of ideas how to sort it.

I have watched football in Inverness for 50 years, and I can say that was the worst game I have ever seen. You see more entertaining games down at the Bught, where the players are playing for the love of the game. This is the worst ICT ever. We have no plan A, never mind a plan B. I really don't know where we go from here. 

• Agree 5

21 minutes ago, Laurence said:

Just got in

People round me mostly to a fan said " The worst match they can remember "

It was pretty dire

Player of the match  was our goalkeeper .

That sums it up. , Two first class saves  .

We had no weight up front , nobody to challenge with any force.   No real shot or header on target

A blind man on a galloping horse could see we need a big centre forward above all else. Now we seem to have the custodian situation sorted

It's after games like this, that the likes of Edward Ofere, Mutombo, Doumboya are looked upon with a certain amount of fondness... and to think we actually had both Alex Fisher and Miles Storey in our grasp

Still a clean sheet!...we can at least savour that

Don't worry Yngwie, we still have  Seedorf, Elbouzedi and Zschusschen to come back and kick start out campaign!   :notworthy:    

I see QoS had Stephen Dobbie playing for them...I saw him play for Palace against Tottenham in our first match back in the Premiership....f#ck me he was slow

Edited by Eagle4Caley

39 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

Home my pain is now over! That was possibly the worst match i have ever been to No Organisation No Skill No Shots on goal entire 90 minutes and we paid £40 for the pain Sorry but with displays like that we are relegation material (again) and The entire Management should leave immediately  

will be interesting to see what board do now last year in this position our spineless chairman would not remove the then manager hence why we are where we are now but it has to be entire clear out its only way out of this mess no keeping Rice & Kellacher has to be clean slate but we all know that will never happen

• Agree 1

Cannot believe anybody would take any positives from an undeserving point at home. Although having been turned over by Livingston and Dumbarton then maybe I am not seeing the bigger picture.

Having the misfortune to sit through the last 3 matches I can safely say we are totally f@@@ed. The players look unfit , disinterested , leaderless and generally just rubbish. The management trio the same with added bonus that they have absolutely no idea how to change the game in our favour. Think the well worn plan of bringing the game changer that is Mulraney on for the last 15 minutes isn't gonna work.

• Agree 3

Absolutely pathetic. Calder came on and did zilch. He jogged around doing nothing. What a waste of a wage. Oakley is horrendously poor, Baird is a headless chicken, Vigurs thinks he is better than he actually is, Polworth is a lightweight, the Canadian chiel is heading for a record amount of bookings, Raven is finished, Donaldson mispasses practically every time, Brad is honest, but that's it. Who,s left..... others were equally inept. It is just as well OFW was in good form. Completely outplayed by QotS and they should be ashamed to call themselves footballers. Not enough boos at the end for my liking.

Totally disgruntled. We should have lost 3-0.

• Agree 4

37 minutes ago, Caman said:

Man that was painful, boring and just a waste of a Saturday afternoon!!!!  

Wish I had gone to the Camanachd Cup final instead.  

Think more folk went to the Shinty than the footer

1 hour ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Don't worry Yngwie, we still have  Seedorf, Elbouzedi and Zschusschen to come back and kick start out campaign! 

Where are they? Are they still alive? I remember fondly the optimism after Seedorf's first game. I left today thinking ... i don't know if / when i want to bother going back through again. Where is the passion for the shirt! A team almost entirely made up of journeymen marking time. Depressing. This early on and I expect us to be relegated ... I had hope until the last game last season.

Edited by cif73
Fat fingers
  • Agree 1

I agree with all of the posts about the dross served up today and have nothing to add except my friend next to me said he would have been better staying at home to cut his grass............................he was right!

Nobody should underestimate the depth of our problems right now. Relegation would be irreversible: ICT would return to part-time football. Even if we stay up, the word is that we'd have one more year to get back up, otherwise the result is the same. The core problem is that the support is evaporating with every passing game: even the die-hard support is collapsing. Why? The players show no heart, the management continues to flounder and the Board continue to stumble from one shambles to another. What's to like? It is really, really hard to find a reason to go to the games - they are not entertaining and you leave with the feeling of being cheated out of the entrance money. My concern is that there are zero signs at any level in the club for the decisive action necessary to turn this round and to bring the support back on side. 

I confess that I'm genuinely terrified about our future and each week that passes is another nail in the coffin.

• Agree 8

4 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Nobody should underestimate the depth of our problems right now. Relegation would be irreversible: ICT would return to part-time football. Even if we stay up, the word is that we'd have one more year to get back up, otherwise the result is the same. The core problem is that the support is evaporating with every passing game: even the die-hard support is collapsing. Why? The players show no heart, the management continues to flounder and the Board continue to stumble from one shambles to another. What's to like? It is really, really hard to find a reason to go to the games - they are not entertaining and you leave with the feeling of being cheated out of the entrance money. My concern is that there are zero signs at any level in the club for the decisive action necessary to turn this round and to bring the support back on side. 

I confess that I'm genuinely terrified about our future and each week that passes is another nail in the coffin.

^THIS!!!

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

This, absolutely spot on, the coffee has been smelled.

Players with no heart is the major concern. Like others have mentioned, we have signed journeymen who are used to lurching from one club to another, more interested in their own egos. We used to gamble on young hungry players untested at this level. They had hunger, this lot are stuck in a rut. 

The togetherness within the dressing room appears to have gone. I would happily go to games knowing the players have given their all for the club and each other.  Last week made it evident several players do not care one bit. It makes it hard to feel a bond with such players. I will still go to games in hope more than anything else for a change, but with each passing game, I fear the situation with these players will simply end in disaster for the club.

• Agree 1

I would single out Calder today as a disgrace.

After losing his starting place recently. He came on as a sub and not even half heartedly attempted to make any contribution. I think Mulraney floated in a decent cross near the end and Calder was the only one with a chance of getting it. He made no attempt at all to get anywhere near it, let alone wanting to win it. 

Get that waste of space out of our club!!!!! :redcard:

During the match  we  appeared to struggle when attacking to worry the centre halves of  the opponents , try as  ICT did  the killer through ball never materialised. I was always worried that the counter attacking speed of  Queen of the South , would undo us.  A few times QOTS broke through owing to our lads being too far up the park, only to see their forwards shoot wide. Whether it was their fear of Fon Williams positional sense  at the last hurdle or just poor shooting I will never know.

At one point I thought who is the biggest lad on our bench  ,  it would be the now reserve goalkeeper Ridgers , I thought to myself why not bring him on at centre crash , at least he is big enough to head the ball down to the second man  Connor Bell , who can play maybe.  Man City once brought on their goalkeeper for that very reason towards the end of a game,

Any port in a storm   as they say. 

My other thought was TB  the anathema  of the fans and the club, but could he return to sort out the mess ,  As he said to the Hibs players , he would throw them under a bus, if they didn't perform.  As we all know he got the sack there. But  we also know that his abilities to get in useful loan players was amazing ,  they could ( the board that is ) ask him to sort out the club who it is obvious from comments I have heard that he still loves the club.

Don't worry have a go at me if you think I am barmy,  I can stand it

Edited by Laurence
  • Facepalm 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic